December Daily .. who is doing it and what is your game plan?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ShannaNoel, Oct 3, 2013.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

according to hobby lobby and other decorating type stores, YES it IS december already! i see no reason why you can't start now!!! :giggle

3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

exactly how I feel... once I get caught up on PL and finish up my journaling in my WITL album... I'm totally going to start putting together my album :)

4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I feel like I already replied to this thread... but I can't find my post! :imok

I'm doing DD again this year (although I call it Countdown to Christmas since it starts the Friday after Thanksgiving).

I use a set of templates specially created for DD and then flip them horizontally and vertically as the days progress. I pull all my favorite Christmas kits and elements into a folder on my hard drive (along with the templates) so that I have easy access to what I need. I DO NOT MATCH OR COORDINATE facing pages.

I create a Notepad file ahead of time that lists all the dates between Thanksgiving and Christmas and then fill in events that I already know I will be featuring on a certain day (family Christmas celebrations, birthdays, etc). I also make a separate list of activities/events that we do every year and use these to fill in the blanks once I've done the non-negotiables. I usually end up with a handful of journaling-only pages (which is fine), too, when we don't necessarily do something Christmas-related that day e.g. my favorite Christmas song this year + the lyrics, what ornaments we're buying the kids this year/what they symbolize, a page abt my/our faith, etc.

I try very hard not to fall more than 2-3 days behind so I don't feel overwhelmed or give up. I realize that I will not get any other scrapping done in December except C2C, and I'm okay with that.

I always take Christmas through the second week of January completely OFF scrapping to recoup!

5. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I do a "25 days of Christmas photos" type of thing on my blog and then put them into an album of their own.

6. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

YAY Anne! Way to go!

7. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

You will love it! So much fun!

8. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

LOL I love your honesty! LOL You are adorable. You don't have to have it PERFECT I mean honestly who else besides US cares, they just want to see the memories! One of my kids favorite part of Christmas decorating is getting out the DD album each year and looking through all of them!

9. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

:woot:woot:funfun:perfect:angel:yourock

10. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

For my gratitude journal I build on them each year, maybe just add to last last years with memories from this year?

11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I really want to do it this year. Digitally and then print. I have tried hybrid and/or just traditional and CANNOT get it done. I'll be lucky if I get it done digitally, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

And I'm planning to use some yummy templates from last year. And then can't wait to see what all of the designers have out!

12. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Kimberlee I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

13. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

Good tips! I like the notepad idea. Last year it was an envelope from junk mail that I wrote my list on, and it was lost very early on in the process.

14. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Okay, I thought about this for WEEKS now, and finally decided that I'm going to try it- I'll be doing it all digital and in Din A4 format, because that's the easiest for me to print (I just decided to switch my PL to that format also). I have a bunch of simple templates and already a lot of snowy stuff on my wishlist. When is the DD BYOC going to be... December? I hope I can do DD next to my PL, but I'm highly motivated for sure...

15. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I started doing a DD last year but I ran out of steam... this year I'm going to give it a go again as I will be taking a lot of leave over the Christmas period so I should have more time to focus on it :D

[​IMG]

16. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

(Untitled)

I kissed a frog !

17. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

I am stoked. I just figured out my plan for DD this year. One mini binder from Target for $6.00. One packet of 5.5x8.5 page protectors for $6.25. Total spent on album and page protectors $12.25!! I'm going to do one digi page per day, and wham bam done. Fingers crossed this will work for me! To help keep me on track, I'm thinking of creating 30 templates ahead of time, and then maybe doing a free template a day on my blog. Happy Dance! I have a plan, and it's only October!![​IMG]

18. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I want to attempt this project this year too. Mine will start earlier though since our first official Christmas kick-off event happens Thanksgiving night. And I will definitely be doing mine 100% digital... just have to focus on the size and which templates I want to use.

19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

the first year I did it, I was actually getting a free template from another designer, then the next year, I worked for a designer and made the daily number give aways...it was so fun, it really pushed me to complete it! Having others depend on you! But I did all the numbers in November....cause I was so not going to wait til the last minute.
    and woot on the binder and ideas!!!

20. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Okay... I'm way overthinking this (probably because we're moving in three weeks and I should be purging and packing instead of worrying about this)... and I'm stumped. My original thought was that I would do more of a Countdown to Christmas book (and I love LeeAndra's post about how she does hers). I was all excited to start my list of activities starting with our first "kick-off event" on Thanksgiving night. Then I realized that my in-laws don't come in to have Christmas with us until a couple days after Christmas. I feel a little guilty about leaving that event out, but I like the way it all ties up neatly ending on Christmas day. Plus, their visit runs through New Year's so what to do with that as well. Could I get by with doing a whole Countdown to Christmas book with a special page or two on the end of just the "Christmas" part of my in-laws' visit? Or how would you handle that?