December Daily .. who is doing it and what is your game plan?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ShannaNoel, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I'm doing paper. I bought an art journal from Evalicious (picture below) and then I'm adding Doodlebug Christmas journal cards in between the pages of the album for journaling. I'll attach 4x4 photos to the art journal pages. I'll handwrite the journaling each day and I plan to mostly use Journal Your Christmas (Shimelle Laine online class) for prompts.

[​IMG]

2. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I did mine last year using Sara Gleasons Pear Tree templates. It wasn't DD but Journal your Christmas by Shimelle. All digi and printed in a shutterfly book. Will definitely do it again.

3. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Love all these ideas! I certainly want to include more journaling in mine this year than I have in years past! I forgot about Evalicious! I need to check her out!

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am officially sub-contracting Heather to be "on my case 24/7" and get me to do this.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my brain is moving and grooving and I have some Mannheim Steamrollerr [video]http://youtu.be/68j6Ceof8QQ[/video]playing Christmas tunes playing too get me in the mood...
    and I think I have a plan! whoop!
    [​IMG]
    and this will be my trial run of Project Life in a December Daily kinda way! Oh I am so excited!
    all digi, and I will carry a journal with me..for those little things..and
    collect all the lovelies that the fab designers here make during this holiday season...ohhhhhhhhhhhh I am so excited now!

6. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

:giggle: I've actually been putting together all my Christmas supplies that I received at Scrapfest, and set aside all the "Santa" stuff for you

I bought an album at the October Afternoon warehouse sale and I also have an album from the Heidi Swapp workshop... gonna try to figure out how I can combine them and add page protectors and stat assembling mine too... and that way I can do hybrid too and add in the TLP/DYD goodies and pictures to finish it up... totally gonna find some time soon to start assembling so I don't have to do much work in December on it and can keep up with PL... that was my biggest problem last year... I couldn't do DD and PL, so PL fell by the wayside and then I didn't finish until May of this year... don't want to do that again lol

7. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Sounds like me. Gonna use it as my PL try-out.

8. AnneofAlamo

are you gonna go all digi? we can cheer each other on!!

9. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

Anne, I might copy you - that looks like a great idea! I've got to spend some more time thinking about what to document but it's a great idea. In fact, I might do this early and use it to make a thankfullness mini book instead of or as a trial run for DYD...hmmm...Love this!!

10. AnneofAlamo

oh Jen! yeah!! I am real excited, I think I am gonna journal as much as possible and take pictures like a mad woman, collect every bit of tags, receipts and such and go wild!

11. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Yep. All digi. No glue for me.

12. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

I'm still considering it. One thing I know for sure. It won't be a December Daily. I work at a store so December is a crazy month for me and many days I don't do much else but work. I am however working on a list on how I could document our Christmas. So that might be my approach.

13. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

I have two unfinished December Daily albums so far. I always seem to fall apart about the week before Christmas. I doubt I'll be able to resist doing it, but am going to have to really think about the format and how I want to do it so I can keep up with it. So I guess my answer is... We'll see!

14. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

LOL Amy that is a tough week for me too but the week AFTER Christmas is always quiet for us so that is when I work on finishing mine up :)

15. AnneofAlamo

I just finished my last page of 2012 and am searching for the best deal for printing a book right now!! woo hoo!! Thank you for the oomph to get this done before Dec 13!!

16. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I finished one of these two years ago, but last year I think December Daily made me hate Christmas! Well, I really was having a bad December and my Christmas wasn't so great either so maybe that had something to do with it. I still haven't scrapped the photos! I think I'm going to skip it but I might do something like a mini-album about my baby niece's first Christmas in a similar style.

17. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

I'm thinking about joining you guys this year!

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

guys, i REALLLY SUCK at doing projects like this.
    really.
    suck.

I started DYD last year, and ended up taking it apart and using it for a recipe book.
    This year I started AWITL... same format that I attempted with DYD last year. I thought surely I could get through one week. As of right now, I'm only as far as Tuesday. *shakes head*

I always WANT to do DYD because I LOVE the idea! In my head I have this ideal that I do this project each year and put together one big album full of Christmases through the years...and in my ideal world it's so fun to look back through it and see how things change from one year to the next.

In reality, I'm not so sure I'll ever see the culmination of that album the way I see it in my head.

19. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

My album (hybrid) from last year's is still sitting on my desk unfinished. I think if I do anything, I might go all digital this year.

20. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

All that being said, I still want to do something.
    Anne, I love your idea of using Val's square pocket pages. I'll have to give it some thought and see if I can come up with something realistic that I can actually start AND finish. (novel idea, no?)