December Daily .. who is doing it and what is your game plan?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ShannaNoel, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Some of my favorite December Daily albums come from the pad! So who all is doing one this year?
    Digital?
    Paper?
    Hybrid <--------:heartslub:heartslub:flirty:flirty

I plan on going hybrid and can't wait to use some of last years TLP Christmas goodies and some of the amazing stuff I know our team will come up with this year!!!

Here was my plan from last year.
    [​IMG]

This year I am using the Handbook so I am excited to have a little more room for playing!

So what is your game plan?:goldstars

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh I am almost done with last years....lol
    I am taking the shots, and will do it...love it!

3. AnneofAlamo

tell me more please about the Handbook???

4. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I haven't made specific plans yet, but I know I this much - I will going hybrid for the 4th year in a row! :) I cannot wait to see what the designers here have in store for DYD!! :beat

5. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Anne it is the Studio Calico album that comes with the DD kit I am getting, I love this album, and actually used it for my PL for the first 1/2 of the year

Here is the one I am using but they have other albums if you aren't getting the kit. The 6x8 size is NICE and I love that it has different PP styles

[​IMG]

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't do a December daily but do take as many photos as I can and then do a few 8x10 collages. This year I am going to go bigger and do a digi grid style collage with embellishments, sort of like an oversized PL page. I need to watch for sales for large frames.

7. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

Cristina, I LOVE your hybrid style, one of my faves!!!!

8. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

@Rae oOOOO I can't wait to see!!

9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I've always done my December Daily album as a hybrid.I definitely will be this year too! Can't wait!!!

Last year, I used the Snap binder and I felt like that was a really good size. I am still thinking about the size for this year...contemplating going a bit bigger.

10. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

@Laura YES! I think the SN@P and Handbook are pretty comparable? Going hybrid makes it so much more DO-able for me, and I can't wait to see what goodies we will get to play with this year!

11. AnneofAlamo

you had me with the red! oh my goodness....I love it

12. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Oh wow, are we seriously talking about this already, LOL!! I'm thinking I'll do it this year, but all digi and probably brag book style so I don't get overwhelmed. I took a lot of great photos last year, but didn't manage to do the pages.

13. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

@Laura, that is the nice thing about digital you don't have to think about it so early. But for me gathering paper supplies isn't as easy since I don't have a local scrapbook store near me I often buy online and have to wait for shipping etc. Plus, its just fun! ;)

14. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

The Handbook format is a good one indeed. Last year I used a Martha Stewart binder (it's just a smidge smaller) from Staples, and it was easy to put together with the pockets - it takes away a lot of guess work/preparation. Plus, using that format makes it easy to use up all the Christmas PL supplies I have accumulated. :giggle The drawback is that I don't have a large format printer so it's a bit of a waste to print out hybrid designs that fit the 4x6 pockets. Anyway, I will reevaluate when December comes nearer, and I can see how much energy I have left - if I survive these next 2 months and finish my degree! :)

:heartslub Thank you so much, Shanna! I love everything you do!! I especially love that you love color as much as I do! :D

15. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

@Cristina when I am doing hybrid on anything bigger than a 3x4 I only use designs I REALLY love outside of that, I use a lot of card stock, white or kraft with digital stamps & images on them to spruce them UP :)

16. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

If I can finish last year's DD before December of this year I may attempt hybrid again.

I love the handbook in the SC DD this year...I wish I could but just that part...but I will probably do a SN@P again. Micheal's had albums and inserts on clearance a couple month back so I picked up a couple extras :)

17. Nettie B

Nettie B Guess what color my hair is!

you know, the hybrid option might actually get it done by January, as the kiddo would want to do it each day with me, like the advent and Jesse tree. the digital version turns into a compilation of several years days as I just run out of steam or get waylaid mid month.

Brilliant. Elegant simple setup. Thanks for the gentle nudge, Shanna! what are your online shops of choice?

18. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

@Brynn YES I saw that the SN@P goodies were on sale!
    @Nettie, I Love TLP of course, Studio Calico as well as Freckled Fawn! Have fun putting it together Nettie, thats 1/2 the fun!!! And i LOVE the idea of doing it together, that is part of the reason I LOVE HYBRID! <3

19. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I'm totally new to the DYD idea. What do you scrap about everyday? I take it it's all about getting ready for Christmas/elf on the shelf/etc? We don't have kids and just do a few simple decorations and I'm on a strict diet (so not much baking done around here) so I'm trying to think what in the world I would do for it. Any out of the box ideas? It sure sounds like fun though!!

20. AnneofAlamo

one year I did each day...even if it wasn't Christmas orientated. it was more like a month in the life of
    then last year I did THE Book
    each page was
    The Hat, The Tree, The Lights, etc
    [​IMG]
    I liked that idea, but have to think this year how to do it different!?!?!