Everyone check in!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I feel like the summer passed me by and now I'm all out of touch, behind, and just generally lost!

So, what's going on with everyone?

I'm in the crux of marathon training again, so basically all I do is run, work out, eat and sleep. 3 more weeks of hard training left.

I'm still up 5 pounds from 2 years ago, but I WAS up 20, so I guess it's progress. I can't seem to shake this last 5 though. I get to this part, give up, gain 5 back, and then start over. I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds at least 4 times this year. I need to get a grip!

Kids went back to school Monday, hooray! A little peace and quiet around here... been pretty amazing.

Tonight I'm going to a School Board Candidate Workshop in Toledo from 6-9 and then driving back home (2ish hours) so that should be fun considering I'm usually ready for bed at 8pm. :giggle

That's just about all around here.

2. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Hi Angie! I love your chat posts. Sounds like you had a busy summer. Don't worry about those 5 extra pounds. I'm up 25 from last year's weight watchers loss of 50. DRAT! But it's been a tough year around here. I'm a bit worried I will have a divorce in my future. I'm holding out hope things get better. In the meantime, I have scrapping. So glad I find TLP when I did. Working on pages lets me forget my issues for awhile.

My boys are back at school too. Freshman & Junior. EEEKS! So sad how fast it goes. I've got 2 GREAT kids!!

Otherwise, life is about the same. 10 days of work a month & off the rest. Not too shabby! HUGS to everyone!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've been having fun watching your FB posts on your bid for school board Angie! Go get 'em! :)

Aw Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear about your marital troubles. I really hope things turn around for you.

We had Parent info night for school last night, so I guess that means our summer is pretty much over too. My boys don't start back until Sept 3rd, but it still feels like summer is over. We had a good summer and took advantage of the warm days when they were here (rarely) and went to the beach a lot. Otherwise we had a lovely chill summer. My husband's sister got married mid June, so we traveled for that and called that a mini vacation for the boys since they LOVE staying in a hotel. Strangely enough we didn't go camping a single time this year. That hasn't happened for me since birth I don't think. Weird.

4. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We are still not unpacked (way to be 2 months after you move in Sarah) and I'm really having a hard time organizing and figuring out to put stuff...we moved from a 2 bedroom apt into a 3 bedroom house (with basically 3 more rooms) but my parents gave us a lot of furniture from my grandmother's house which they just sold, and we don't have nearly the closet space here that we did in the apartment. We also have all of our Christmas decorations, tent, etc. stacked up in the living room because previous tenants left a bunch of stuff in the shed and our landlord hasn't come to clean it out yet.

Other than that things are ok. We're definitely in a better place that we were 5 months ago when we left Chicago. Our next goal is to work on losing weight...DH and I both put on 60+ pounds when we stopped smoking 4 years ago..and I'm ready for some of that weight to be gone.

We're still homeschooling (7th grade..wow) and DD is going to start taking horseback riding lessons again next month. Right now she plans on joining Girl Scouts, 4H, and taking guitar and/or piano lessons. I'm thinking it's going to be a busy year!

5. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

We've still got two weeks before school starts here, I have no idea what day of the week it is nor what I should be doing... I'll be sad when summer is over but there's a part of me that's looking forward to getting back to a school / work routine (and actually knowing what day of the week it is!)

6. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

I have been lurking around here some this summer. I don't get much time on the computer anymore because I haven't been well myself and I have been busy with the kiddos. School is about to get back into session here as well like everyone else so, I am hoping to be able to find a little more time to scrap. *fingers crossed* My oldest will make the cut onto the football team. Tryouts end next week. I have actually been losing weight like crazy 2lbs. a day for over a week now. Although, I really want to lose weight. I must admit this isn't quite the way I want to be doing it. I am a wee bit tired. Today we are finishing up getting the school supplies and meeting the teachers...fun, fun. :) I actually think my boys are ready to go back to school. At the end of Sept. my youngest will be tested for Autism as well so, this will be the start of another journey. I am looking forward to finding out some answers.

7. hslater

hslater Member

I am busy planning my wedding :D We have finally set the date of our day as 23rd July 2014 so its been all go go go !

8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We got most of our summer bucket list done, and we're almost starting a new adventure as Miss Monkey turned 4 last week and will be starting preschool (her first time being with anyone she wasn't related to) in a couple weeks. She has really grown and changed and matured over the last few months, and I'm so proud of her.

I started working from home once a week, so I'm enjoying the free weekday and will even more once Miss Monkey is in school and I have FOUR WHOLE HOURS to myself! It will be so nice to have some 'me' time and then have the afternoon to do something fun just her and me while everyone else is at school or work. I've promised her that she can take a 'ballerino' class and more swim lessons soon, so she is looking forward to that, too.

DH is still job searching. Blah blah blah. Wish his work would just get it together and make him FT already. We have so many things we want to do and can't until we're in a better place financially. Ugh.

9. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

OMG!!! That is soooo exciting!!! I am so happy for you, Helen!!! :beat

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Bianca started school today, I am not feeling well. I am off to have a nap before I got to pick her up.

11. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

How exciting, Helen! You must be having fun planning everything.

It's back to normal for me now. My son is finally home from working at scout camp all summer. He starts his second year of college next week, so it's just study and school for him, work and scrapping for me. Boring... but I'll take that vs drama all day long!

12. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Back to work (teaching) on Sep 3rd. I'm gonna miss SirStinkbug but routine is nice. Seems like summer flew by too fast, but it was really nice. Feel like there is so much drama going on around me, but luckily, my little world is just ducky. That sound is me KNOCKING ON WOOD. Trying to be supportive of two sister-in-laws with cancer and my own sister's rocky marriage.

13. hslater

hslater Member

Thank you :D :D We are super excited and it's very DIY so a lot of planning haha!

14. ancameister

ancameister New Member

Checking In

I wish I only had 5 lbs. to lose. Hope you do very well.
    I live in Miami, Florida so this year it's been beach, beach and more beach for me. Enjoyed the pool with the grandkids. Life is great. Everyone I love is doing well. Can't ask for more. Wish everyone a great fall season!:thumbsups

15. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

The boys started back to school August 1, and we finish language study {hopefully} at the end of the month, so my life may become normal again soon. Woohoo!

It's typhoon season in Manila, and we've had three rain days already this year. Plus my laundry has been hanging in my house for 2 days with 2 fans blowing on it, and it's still not dry. Makes me crazy. When we move (Manila is temporary) a dryer is the first thing we'll buy.

16. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Humidity is the worst Kellie! And having wet washing hanging everywhere does not help anything!

We have been living and breathing new house for the last 18 months and now we are two weeks from handover, 3 weeks until we officially move in. They are laying the final tiles throrughout the house today and starting on the driveway as well - all looks good
    (I have a blog site here http://newwrayhouse.blogspot.com.au/ if you want to check out some of the latest photos...

Looking forward to spring now...

17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Shannon, hope you get through without coming to divorce... and same here about the scrapping being a God send....
    I have been very ill, plus some of you know I had monnumental problems with Sarita, which got relatively sorted with a mediator from social services, I'm taking the social worker to court and wont stop until I make her loose her job (she was terribly un-ethical and if I wasn't the educated, cultured woman I am and built the relationship I buit with my child over the years...the attitude of the social worker would have caused an irreparable rupture in our family.
    Sarita is now working her last week leading children camps, which was fine the two weeks the camps were here in London but this week in Manchester she hardly ever called, so there is a great argument coming when she comes back tomorrow,
    which means that my migranes which had got a bit better today will be worse tomorrow.
    I have an appointment for my nuclear medicine tests (that is good) and need to see a reumathologyst as my right hip in is agony (that is bad)
    Like Shannon said- thank God for scrapping....

18. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Well I really need to lose 25, but I'm trying to be realistic. I love food. Lol

19. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

my summer's just started, while all the kiddos are back in school... so I won't be around much until we start homeschooling again in September and enjoying the parks and museums that aren't so busy right now :)

20. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

This month has been absolutely stressful, crazy and now wonderful but confusing. We moved into a house from an apartment. My Dad and I have been sharing a 3 bedroom apartment for the last three+ years, and he is the perfect roomie and one of my favorite people probably ever. But we decided to get a bigger house with my sister, brother in law and my furry nephew - their adorable pug.

So packing, packing, packing. I am being treated - checked - trying to be diagnosed for something to do with my joints in my fingers and toes -- possible rheumatoid arthritis- but they don't know yet. All I know is -- ouch. And packing -- double ouch. So moving -- even more not fun.

And then no internet from the 15th to the 22nd which seems like an eternity (which is really funny considering I only gave the internet a passing glance before 2008. I barely even used email. Except that one X-files forum I went to for a week in 1994 on AOL before you could even get on the WWW. Two words - David Duchovny. Oh and two more words - Dial up! Very slow - took like 1/2 and hour for the page to load. Woot!!)

But now we are here! YAY! I love the new house!! Still tons to unpack. We can't find a lot of things...My dad found two boxes that he had been looking for at the apt. that he hasn't been able to find the whole time we lived there. But we still can't find the drinking glasses.

Oh, and then my monitor went kaplooey. No more flat screen for awhile. These old monitors are huge! Fortunately we had one... It takes up half my desk. But I am grateful that we had a spare.

Anyway -- to make a long story short (too late) things are pretty good and the stress of moving is off now. I just wish we could find those darn glasses. LOL