Food/Recipe album

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Aug 16, 2013.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm a foodie and often take instagram pics of food and am obsessed with recipes. I want to start creating pages with food facts and/or recipes for a food album. Anyone else done this? I'm kind of excited to start this.

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

3. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

I did one of my grandmother's recipes. I can't really post because it was pre-TLP discovery but I've been planning on doing one of my own recipes, so pm me if you wanna swap ideas. You HAVE to check out this site/blog: http://www.theydrawandcook.com/recipes

Awesome inspiration. Go now! But don't stay too long, TLP will miss you!

4. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

Oh I read this and suddendly decide to do one! With my mum recipes! And then I will print 4 copies (1 for mum, 2 for sisters and 1 for me)
    Ohhh I'm so excited! Ama i will pm you because I want to see the one you did ^__^

5. AmaG

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Yay....so glad a few of you might be joining me in this! If you do this, please post your pages in the gallery so I can be sure to see them. I'm going to work on my first one this wkend. My pages won't be all recipe pages. They will include food facts, foods I like or dislike, favorite restaurant meals, etc. Anything about food will go into this album. Maybe we can share some of our recipes too!

7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ama - did you post your album anywhere else? I would love to take a peek at it!

8. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I had this big project idea where I was going to handwrite all of my kids favorite recipes, and all of the Thanksgiving ones, in little notebooks, one for each of them. I want them to have them in my handwriting. But holy crap it's a big job. I think I stopped on page 3 of the first book and I have 5 kids. o_O

9. AmaG

I'll upload some to photo bucket tomorrow and pm the link if you want it. Don't judge me though - it was early in my digi-scrapping!

10. AmaG

Angie, it is nice to have in handwriting. My Gram wrote all hers and I scanned them into my photo book. I really cherish that I'll always have her little notes and edits etc.

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Ama - ya I'd love to see them. Thx. My grandma had written recipes on index cards and newspaper clippings but unfortunately they got lost. I sure regret not taking better care of them now. I want my girls and my granddaughter to have my recipes, tips and ideas so hope to keep adding to the album and hope they will cherish it some day.

12. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

13. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i've thought of doing this so many times! i just never actually do anything about it. maybe i should.

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Rebecca - ya....do it!
    Christine - off to go check it out.

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Christine - your book looks amazing! I am going to do a 12x12 binder that I can keep adding to.

16. Lynne-Marie

Lynne-Marie there is beauty in everything

I am simmering a few ideas to cook up for the shop soon... all recipe related! I don't know when I'll have them done though...

17. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

Christine..just wow! your album is exactly what I want to do ^__^ off to ask Dalis what kind of kits I should use ^___^
    Lynne Marie, I so love your kits..so please make one recipe-related soon ^___^

18. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I started a recipe book at the beginning of last year to document the new foods that we try throughout the year. Unfortunately much of last year was a struggle for us and I didn't get very far with it. However, my format was super simple if you'd like to see what I did.

I posted about it on my (very much neglected) blog.

http://chaosensues.typepad.com/blog/2012/01/recipe-52.html

19. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Can't wait to see what you're cooking up for us! :)

20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Lynne-Marie.....not to be pushy....but.....get on it girl! I need a new food related kit! pretty please :)
    Sarah....don't give up on your book. Keep at it. This last yr was a struggle for you but lets pray you have much more good luck and peace moving forward. At least now you are back online and can scrap again...yay.