Nothing to Prove by the Doubleclicks

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sarahbhb, Aug 1, 2013.

1. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Have ya'll seen this video? Wil Wheaton shared it on his blog a few days ago and I really love the message. My 12yo daughter has been challenged on her geek worthiness and I really think it's a weird issue that the community faces. As a longtime geek girl I really do hope that the elitists realize that we are all on the same side.

btw..I shared this with my DD and and DH the other day and we were all three holding back tears by the end of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Rjy5yW1gQ

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I can't do sound right now but I watched it on mute. Wow, yeah, all of that. I've done tech support, sold computers, and gotten two computer science degrees, not to mention geeky hobbies, going to cons, volunteering in a LUG, etc. I've heard and seen so much ridiculousness. Ugh. Fortunately they aren't all like that. I did marry a guy I met on IRC. ;)

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

ok that was awesome. I am a geek too!

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

the video is beautiful....it makes me sad though, that in this day and age, with all the alleged progress...things like bullying and discrimination in any of it's form still exist.. sad :(

5. Daniellesmama

Daniellesmama My name is Inigo Montoya...