printing journal cards & such for PL?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by AlliJ2008, Jul 12, 2013.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

I am sure there is info on this somewhere but when I searched for "printing" I got overwhelmed!

If I buy the plastic sheets for PL and want to print some journal cards from the store here, what paper do I need to put in my printer? I tried an Epson "presentation" grade matte paper but the colors look sort of watered down.

Also, if there is a set that comes ready to print on 8.5x11, like these that I just bought,
    [​IMG]
    do you just add a layer above the jpeg layer for text? Or maybe I just need to hand journal on them after I print? At this point I am less concerned about it being awesome and more concerned about getting the images off my hard drive & into albums but with some dates & info & stuff.

I feel silly that I can't figure this out.... I just want to set up something simple that I can do week after week to get my photos printed with some simple cards that say when & what! :dizzy

2. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I just use white cardstock... but that will be even more muted than the Epson matte presentation paper... what setting are you using for printing... are you printing at the highest quality your printer will print at... Epson presentation paper will be much more saturated than the cardstock

and I usually print and hand journal... but you could totally use a font and do your journaling on the png in photoshop

3. Adow

Adow You name it, I do it.

I print on matte photo paper with excellent results.

As for journaling you can do both! There are great photo pens out there so the matte paper isn't a problem. I personally prefer to add my journaling in photoshop before I print but that's because I don't keep printed cards handy.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  4. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Thank you both! I ended up finding a tutorial on Sahlin Studio's blog after I posted my question (figures!) and she said she uses the presentation matte paper too. I probably just need to adjust my printer's details. :)