Do you have a good fever thermometer?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, May 23, 2013.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We keep buying them and they are ALL CRAP! They give me a different temperature but it's a huge gap. Like one can tell me she is 97, the other 99 and the other 101. We seriously need a good one! So do you have a super duper ORAL thermometer? :giggle

2. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

3. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I have the ear one and absolutely recommend it .... It's by Braun ... Send u the link in a bit ...

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I just use my hand. My husband thinks I don't know what I'm talking about, but every time I've dared him to check, I've been very close. I know when they are just "warm" and when they are "hot". I know what they feel like normally. lol

5. la

la A closet sap

yeh we use an ear one .. no oral thermo here. i find them too inconsistent.

6. Dalis

which ear one, I got two different ones, and they fluctuate too much. I can take the temp. 3 times with the ear one I got and get 3 VERY different temps.

7. Dalis

I do that too, but then the docs always look at me wrong because I tell her she was warm but not hot. And ask me "what temp?" and I tell them I don't use my thermometers due to conflicting results and they look at me like I am crazy.

8. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I have a Vicks thermometer that I stick under her arm. I make sure to let the doc/nurse know where I take her temp. They have a "margin of error" number depending on where you take the temp (like, they know the underarm temp will be a couple of degrees off).

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I say "100.3". LOL

10. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I have the same problem with thermometers, so I just kind of use them all till I get something consistent. I find putting it under his tongue works the best. I wish the ear one would work better, but I think it depends on whether you have the right angle or not. They make it look so easy at the doctor's office!

11. Dalis

LOL!!! Next time I am going with a more precise made up temp. LOL!!!

Seriously those ear ones, I can take the temp 3 times and be 3 different from no fever to super high temp.

12. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

I use my lips and I can tell if my kiddos have a fever. I am always 100% spot on. Then, I use my ear thermometer to check behind to see what the actual temp is. I like my ear thermometer because it is always right. I have never had any problems with mine. I am not sure which brand it is I will have to look and see.

13. Dalis

Yes, Erika if you have the brand that would help alot.

14. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

15. Dalis

THANK YOU AMY!!!!!!!!

16. Dalis

Ok, I ordered the one that Amy gave the link, to reviews are good and I got it on Amazon for the same price as costco.

17. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

awesome! lmk how you like it! it's worked very well for us. and painless and works in just a quick swipe.

18. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I had this one as well, until I somehow misplaced it a few months ago. It was the best one I have ever had and I wanted to test it's accuracy so one day when I was at the doctors office with the little one I checked her temp right after they took it and it was spot on with theirs sooo.... a reminder to myself that I need to get another one soon.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  19. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

It does depend on the angle. You have to have it angled down the ear canal which can be tricky especially in youngins.

I was taught to give my children a kiss on the forehead and not to use hands. My hands are typically cold so they feel like they are always burning up. But my lips and cheeks are typically normal temperate. Once they feel hot this way I then go find our thermometer.

I have that one and sadly it hasn't been that great for us. It used to take accurate temps on the forehead, but now it won't. However, if we do it behind the ear it is fairly correct.

20. Dalis

I got it with Amazon, so if it stops working is going back to them. I should have gotten it from Costco, but was to lazy to get in the car and get it. LOL!!!