Pad Patter: 5/20 - Beer

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, May 20, 2013.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Do you drink beer? What kinds? Dark/light? IPA? (is IPA even right? I know nothing. lol)

I like one occasionally when we go to Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't drink it at home, though. My favorite is Blue Moon, which is usually only on tap in the summer, so that limits me as well.

I really want to do the beer tour at Winking Lizard, though. If you drink 2 different ones a week for the year, you get a jacket. I don't like beer, but I do like bar food. And I guess technically you don't have to DRINK 2 a week, just BUY 2 a week... LOL. I held out this year because I heard they might build one in town, but it looks like that's not happening, so next year it is on. By then my son will be 21, so maybe he'll help. :giggle

2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

:cheer I like beer, but I'm not used to drink at home, let's say, eating dinner for example. I like to go to pubs, listen to music and have a beer with my friends. or watching soccer games, at the beach, well...I like beer!!
    about kinds, I'm not an expert on the subject...I like light beer, some brazilian are really good, but I like Heineken, Stella Artois, Budweiser....just to name a few!

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am not a big beer drinker but my friends and hubby seem to enjoy micro-breweries... it's a big thing here in the states now. I have to say that if I could drink again (heart meds and alcohol don't mix good) I would go back to my Jack.

4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

DH always keeps beer in the fridge, but will only have maybe two or three a month. I've never liked beer at all, and I pretty much don't do alcohol of any kind these days since it just makes me feel sad and tired and really out of it. Not exactly the life of the party. :giggle

5. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I'm not a huge beer drinker either, I prefer wine or a good mixed drink. But, when I do drink beer, it's a Bud Light Lime, my favorite!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I like beer! My hubby has a kegerator on our back patio in the summertime. He's made quite the little mancave out there. He has a TV, beer and firepit. We have lots of friends that like to come hang out back there and BBQ and drink beer with us. Currently we have a keg of Oberon but that gets REALLY expensive. I also like our local winery/brewery's Kolsch beer... mostly I like lighter beers, but I also try dark brews on occasion. I can just never remember which ones I like when it's time to order, so my DH has to remind me. :)

I'm really more of a dry red wine gal these days. Or margaritas. Yum.

7. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I am not much of a drinker at all these days. An occasional rita on rocks makes me happy.
    Beer is definitely an acquired taste. Back in the day (clubbing/bar-hopping) I was a Coors Light gal. I haven't had a beer in more than 7 years and don't really miss it.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm a cheap beer drinker - bud light, bud lime, miller, Coors, etc. But only if I'm in the right mood. I much prefer wine over beer.

9. la

la A closet sap

I'm a beer girl. I've been trying to branch out and drink other things. But yeh. It's way easier for me to look at your beer list and pick something ill like rather than read through a list of super girly sweet stupid martinis that wi just end up angering me ( ok yeh that was Friday. Lol ). If I'm out. Ill usually try whatever ipas the place has. Some are gross. My favorite beer though is little sumpin sumpin. If I'm poor I just get Boston Lager. I hate fruity beers. Those are a sin. U

10. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

I like beer too!! Hubby always has some in our fridge specially on Summer but as it is always hot here we have them all the time in the fridge! hahaha. We usually drink when we go out or having BBQ at home. In fact we drank some yesterday to watch the finals of our State soccer championship. It was a fun afternoon :) I just dont like the black ones. It tastes weird for me. lol

11. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

not for me :nope. Wine or a mixed drink - but even that one a few times a month.

12. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I have had 5 Bud Light with Lime in my fridge since January. They were a gift after a particularly bad day at work. I had 6, but my husband drank one. I hate beer. At this rate, they'll last us 3 years.

13. Cherry Limeade

Cherry Limeade New Member

I am not a fan of beer, but I do drink hard cider. I also like Chi-Chis - pina colada with vodka.

14. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Hate beer. Hate alcohol. Beer hurts my feelings. I HATE seeing loved ones drink it because I don't like seeing them buzzed & acting weird.

15. blinks14

blinks14 The wine made me do it!

Love beer! I like to try all different kinds. I don't like ones that are real dark. But I like trying different stuff.

16. carrottop

carrottop Member

I don't drink alcohol at all because of my religious beliefs, so no beer for me. Now if you are talking about root beer, then I love a frosty glass of A&W. :giggle:

17. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

LOVE beer. My husband is a home brewer so we always have several varieties on hand. We attend lots of beer sampling events and competitions. My tastes have evolved, but my favorite beer is still Dog Fish Heads - Festina Peche. It is a sour belgian style ale. I am a beer snob thanks to my husband and don't drink the cheap stuff anymore.

18. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

Well, this subject makes me sad because as of March 18th I can no longer drink beer. BOO!!!! I started this new medicine to treat my migraines and it makes all carbonated beverages taste nasty so beer also went out the window. I LOVE beer, too. I loved to try new beers. Yea, not a happy camper. To make matters worse I can no longer have any type of nitrates so I also had to give up my wine, too. LOL! I used to like to get some Corona and put some Bacardi Limon in it. Yum! Those were the days.

19. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

20. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

I don't drink beer, never have - but in a twist of irony, I work for an Anheuser-Busch wholesaler. Strange, but true!