Sick of the Sickies

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by kim21673, May 16, 2013.

1. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I don't know about your kiddos, but I swear our boys have been sick constantly this year. One gets it, then the others get it. Seth had a bad cough and his first ever fever a few weeks ago....Jason gets the same things but it was magnified. Jason ended up with Pneumonia last week. Jason gets on an antibiotic and is feeling better......

...now SETH IS SICK AGAIN WITH A HIGH FEVER AND COUGH. Thank goodness Little D doesn't get anything but a little cold......

I WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!!

Are you kiddos staying healthy?

2. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Oh kim I know how you are feeling! I hope your boys get better soon!

My oldest hasn't had anything this year, not a cold or anything. Which is weird because last year she was sick about every week. My 2nd hasn't been too bad, a few sniffles. My 3rd has asthma and has been sick about every two weeks. And she of course has passed everything to the baby. We've done so many breathing treatments this year I can't even count how many {mpr the $$$ that went into either}. We had been having a streak of health for the past two weeks when I came down with the flu Tuesday night. Crossing my fingers I didn't pass it to anyone. Slowly recovering....

I wouldn't mind these sickies too much if it wasn't for the fact that it totally depleats my scrapping time. I'm usually too exhausted from caring for them to even want to open Photoshop if I do get a spare moment during the day.

3. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

We just got over a week of some kind of gross coughing, sore throat thing. I think they just have to drag one last disease home before school ends, LOL!

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Nope, she has been sick all year so far. I just got a book called "disease proof your child".

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

we started a new thing? it has been working now for 5 months!
    Hydrogen peroxide! I know, cheap and easy.
    I bought a spray bottle with it in it(cause it is brown and looks like Hp ya know) and then a few big bottles (stuff is so darn cheap)
    I spray their hands, arms with it before and after school, their backpacks after school, and my baby bus-van! bhahhaha
    we also are big (from Ben Franklin) believers in once a week air baths...we open the house up (every window that can open)with no heat no matter the weather..and let it air out, same day as we pull the sheets off the bed. Fans are all on in the rooms. It is a bit wild in freezing weather, but it so works...we stay warm pulling off the sheets and cleaning a bit deeper on that day!

6. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Sorry that you are fighting the sickies Kim and everyone else here except Anne and her crew (HP huh? Gotta see about that).

This has been our year for health issues. We have all passed it around time and time again. I cannot even count the number of missed days of school. Double ear infections, coughs, fevers, colds, more coughing. BAH! It's enough to make you sick. :giggle

Here's hoping the warmer, nicer weather brings much more sunshine and health!

7. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I just took Seth's temp.....105.7....waiting to hear back from the doctor on whether I should take him to the ER

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh my! that is high...go now, wait at docs office with angry face

9. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

That's a crazy fever. Hope it came down.

I have had a cough for almost 4 weeks (Monday will be 4 weeks). I'm so annoyed with it. I went to the doctor at one week and was given antibiotics, daytime cough pills and night time cough syrup with a narcotic in it. The cough medication is long gone, the day time stuff didn't really help anyway, the antibiotics have been gone forever, and I'm still coughing so much that I often have to excuse myself from a room in order to go hack up a lung. I teach pre-K for children with autism and it's really hard to do that when you're coughing every time you speak. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8 and I'm hoping the doctor gets me some relief. This is crazy.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Seriously?! I hope you went to the Dr. That is so high. Makes me worry about seizures! I hope it's down now and stays down! :( Poor kids! And poor Mom! Hopefully this latest bit of warmth and sunshine will clear the air and get everyone well again!

11. la

la A closet sap

aw man :[ germs go away!! connor got sick back to back to back too.... AAAAAAAH.