Grrrr Adobe

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by carolee, May 6, 2013.

1. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

What about those who use PSE? Are we going to be forced to use the cloud as well?

2. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Just artifacts in patterns brought over from Illustrator. Otherwise it's fine, but that's a big chunk of my business. I used to just do my papers in CS5 and use CS6 for the rest, but then I stopped switching over more and more. When we put my new hard drive in a few weeks ago I didn't even install Photoshop CS6 again.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

For now, but they could change their mind at any moment!

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is just stupid. I'll be another one on CS5 for the rest of my life or until I'm forced to upgrade from Windows 7. I may have to switch to Elements at that point. I cannot imagine giving up what I have now though. They better get on the text path feature in Elements and figure out a way to do real shadows like in PS too. Sigh. This freaks me out a little.

5. Jennifer Fica

Jennifer Fica Member

The way I read and understood it is that everyone will be forced to the cloud. Transition begins in June. It says on their website if you are currently an owner of CS3 or higher they will give you a discount on the first years membership. SO, will the CS6 I bought not long ago continue working or no?

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have a new puter with windows 7 and CS5? I think I had a bit of vomit here? I have to have cloud? I am trying hard not to freak!
    :hide
    I mean really realy hard
    :tantrum
    oh I think I lost it!?
    :imok

7. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

very.frustrating.

i do not like this. eek!

8. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I don't think they will force anyone to use the Cloud. You will be able to use the software you currently have a license for, but if you ever switch platforms or just want to have an upgrade you would have to join the Cloud. I think they are hoping a lot of current users will move over to the Cloud soon, but I have a feeling most won't.

9. Jennifer Fica

Jennifer Fica Member

10. KateD

KateD Member

I have CS6 for my Mac and CS5 (plus several older versions) for our PC's. I'm hoping these computers last for a looooong time because I don't plan to subscribe to the cloud service. It sounds kind of neat, though. I guess it includes the Adobe iPad apps, too. Just way to pricey for me!!!

11. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Can I tell you how glad I am that I just bought CS6 two weeks ago? There is NO WAY i would have been able to pay the price of the Cloud. I really feel like the technology gurus are pushing people to get rid of physical products. It bothers me. Guess I need to look into how this is going to affect Lightroom. I was planning on buying that in August after saving a bit for it. Apparently I may have to buy it flat out now. GRRR!!!

12. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

duuuude... how are students able to afford this?

and do we have confirmation that LR won't be affected because I'm currently saving up for LR5 and I'll be quite upset if I can't use the student/teacher discount :( or else I'm going to have to get LR4 before they stop selling it :(

sigh... guess I'll be forever using CS5

13. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

This sucks! $20 per month is ridiculous.. I will keep using my student CS5 for as long as I can. :(

14. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I wish I had student CS5. I only have CS. BLAH. But I guess it does a lot of the same things & at least I have it.

15. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I am thinking that LR is going to the cloud also in the future. Not sure how they thought this would be good for their small business and hobbiest customers. I'm sure they just saw how good it would be to their pocketbooks.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  16. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I do have the cloud subscription so it doesn't matter to me personally (except for when my monthly premium goes up next year)....BUT it stinks for others that just upgrade every few years (which is what I used to do).

I like the idea of giving an option for one program and making it cheaper. DH is the one that talked me into getting the subscription b/c I was having issues with CS5 but I just haven't had the time to sit and learn the other software.

17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I prefer to own outright and hate that they are gearing this more towards the professional rather than hobbyist (even though I am in the pro category as a photographer). I will have to think long and hard about joining the cloud (at the first yr discount) or just continue on with CS5 and LR4 indefinitely. Also, if they are going with a subscription I think they should have lowered the price a bit more.

18. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Hmmmm, does this apply to PSE as well? My laptop is on the way out and I know in the next year I'll need to get a new one, at which time we were thinking I'd just get the newest version of PSE for it. There's no way I can spend $20 a month to have PSE.

Or would I be able to still purchase an older version of PSE and use that instead?

19. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

OK, so those of you who have CS6, what are the major improvements (i.e. the ones you find worthwhile) over CS5? It looks like for now you can still purchase the upgrade, so I'm wondering if I should bite that $200 bullet before the option is no longer available and then own that for FOREVER. I've always skipped a version or two between upgrades and I just can't justify or afford the $240 expense (or more when they raise it) EVERY year for the cloud.

20. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'd been on the fence about the Cloud. Guess they are pushing me off.