In need of some positive thoughts and prayers... EDITED with good news!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by renee82, Apr 15, 2013.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

EDIT:

Our pup is coming home!!!!! He passed the blockage and is doing great. My hubby will be picking him up at 5pm! Thank you so much for all your positive thoughts and prayers! :)

So, I feel a little weird asking this for my dog, but I need some positive thoughts and prayers for him.

You see, for the last 24 hours he has been pretty sick. Vomitting, lethargic and really not himself. If you knew Koda, Iyou would know that this is extremely out of character. He's a very lively and energetic two and a half year old chocolate Lab. We called the vet yesterday and she told us to monitor him and take his food away to see if he would stop vomitting. We made an appointment for today, but the vomitting didn't stop. He looked awful. His eyes were sunken in and he didn't even play with the kids. He followed them outside but just layed in the snow. Well we just got the call that he has a bowel obstruction. They're not sure if the blockage is small or large bowel. They are rehydrating him, and keeping him over night. They also gave him narcotics to ease the pain and hopefully encourage him to pass whatever he has that's blocking him.

I am very upset. If none of this works, he would need surgery and as most people know, vet bills are always very expensive... so we're playing it by ear for now. I can't even begin to think of what I would tell my boys. They will be devastated if he doesn't make it. I know it's the circle of life, but he is the most gentle dog you will ever meet. He thinks that him and the boys are a pack and literally follows them around everywhere they go. He nuzzles them in the morning to wake them up and jumps on their bed to say goodnight. He goes everywhere with us. He is loved by all of my family. So if you have an extra prayer of positive thought for our sweet boy I would really appreciate it.

I took this photo of him the other day:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh how awful Renee! Sending prayers for your family. I sure hope that he passes whatever is blocking him and that he can get back to normal soon and hopefully without awful surgery. Hugs sweetie!

3. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

omgosh poor Koda :( I'm so sorry Ren I know you guys love your him so much and I really hope he is ok. ((((HUGS))))

4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I will most definitely pray for him, Renee. He's a member of your family after all. I am sending you hugs and P&PT that Koda's blockage passes and he's back to normal quickly. Oh my word, that face really got me. *sniff* Keep us posted, friend.

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I am heartbroken he's having these issues! Praying all goes well and he's back playing with your boys soon!

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Aw, I hope he's doing well and is all better and back home with you soon! Thinking of all of you! (((hugs)))

7. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Oh no! Poor guy... love the cute photo and really hope it all returns to normal. Prayers his way and yours for the worries to ease. It's amazing how these furry people nuzzle into our hearts so completely making themselves a part of the family. (((hugs)))

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Oh goodness, that baby is only 2 years old. Do not feel bad for asking for good vibes, thought or prayers for your baby. I will tell you, he is in good hands if they are keeping him and hydrating him. That is what he needs right now. We had this problem with our boy a few years back. He finally passed what he ate that made him sick. I am hoping Koda does the same, sometimes it can takes up to 3 days. Are they doing xrays to keep an eye on the obstruction and see if it is moving?

9. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Poor poor Koda! I am sending you all that I've got Renee! My parent's had a dog that had this and he got out of surgery fine but I know it costs a lot of money.

10. Dana

Dana Dana

oh no - sending you, your family and poor koda all of my positive thoughts!

11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Oh no Renee! I hope everything works out ......sending Koda lots and lots of healthy vibes .... he is such a handsome fella!

12. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

thinking of you renee. i hope things are looking better today.

13. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Sending loads of prayers for Koda and hugs to you girl!...

14. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Oh my gosh Renee. Poor Koda. :( I remember photos of when you guys got him! I really, really hope he can pass this blockage on his own.

15. jenny

jenny jenny

Just seeing this now, Renee. How scary. I'm so glad he's going to be fine, you must be so relieved!

16. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

Yay so glad all is well!

17. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Hooray for good news! :)

18. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Glad your pup is doing well! He's adorable & your picture of him is FABULOUS! Look at those cute little legs sticking out!

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so happy that he's doing better and didn't need surgery! Hooray!!!!

20. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

Wahoo. Glad he's doing better.