Pet Pages?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenny, Mar 22, 2013.

1. jenny

jenny jenny

We lost Toby last week and it's been much harder than I ever could have anticipated. I'd like to eventually do a book of memories and stories about him. I'm not quite there yet. Have you ever created anything similar or even a memorial type page for a pet? I haven't managed to scrap a single page since last week but am thinking it might help, ya know?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Sorry about Toby, Jenny. :(

I did this page after we had our cat put to sleep in 2009. Still makes me cry every time I read it, but it was good therapy.

[​IMG]

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I always had plans to do small hybrid books for Kate and Abby, but never did. I think since I scrapped them so much when they were with us, I just didn't see the point after they were gone.

I've been thinking of you. Hang in there.

4. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

Awwww I'm sorry, that is so hard.

5. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I'm so sorry Jenny. :( I'm sure it must be so incredibly hard to go through that. Hang in there.

6. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I've lost 3 pets in the past 3 years. Azure (our akita mix) died of cancer in 2010 at age 10, Zoey the cat died at 14 last summer, and Sadie, my chocolate cocker girl, died of cancer at 13 just a month ago. Her death was the one that hit extra hard. She was my best friend. I haven't scrapped about her yet, I just can't. Even though I was "sorta" prepared the day we took her in that she might not come out, I hadn't had time to adjust to losing her. With Azure, we knew for a month that she was too sick to save. I had lots of time to adjust and I was scrapping a lot more. For her, I did pages of the photos I took daily, silly things at times, pictures of her feet even. After she died, I did a photoless layout with the rainbow bridge poem and her information on it. It was theraputic for me. Here is the poem... https://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Now that we've lost Sadie, I'd like to do something for her as well, I have lots of pages of her over the years to put into a book, but we've had so much loss that its become overwhelming. Three pets (4 if you count the cat we lost in 1999), 2 children, and our other remaining pets are all older, one just was treated successfully for cancer, thankfully, he's 13, his sister is 13, and Wil, our oldest is 15. So it's been more overwhelming now than it was in 2010 when Azure died.

Lots of prayers for peace to come somehow.

7. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I love the simplicity of your page... it's beautiful. I almost wish I had been a "simple page" kind of scrapper all along, my older pages do not go at all with my style of scrapping now, but it seems impossible to re-scrap them all.

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenny. I hope you can find some solace in scrap therapy of your dear Toby.

It's been 3 weeks since we lost our lab, and I ache for her all the time. And I struggle with scrapping anything, my heart isn't in it.

Nicole (Ink and Pixels) has some wonderful pages about her dog, Buck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And everything in Julie's gallery is inspiration - she captures the personalities of her dogs so beautifully:
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps.

9. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

10. nfenchak

nfenchak Where is my personal shopper?

I'm sorry about your Toby. Hugs

11. newfiemountiewife

newfiemountiewife Duck Face

I am so sorry for your loss. Our cat Pebbles passed away a year and a half ago at 14, and it was so hard for all of us. It took us a long time to want another pet. We just got a new kitty this past December. I haven't found the right kit, or the right words to do a memorial page for Pebbles yet. I know I will do one at some point. I scrapped pages of him occasionally, but just didn't get that one done...yet. ((hugs))

12. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog. They really are part of our families. I have a cat who is almost 17, one who is 2 and an 8 year old dog. I've watched the oldest get a little gray, a lot deaf and lose some of his eyesight. He is still a love and I wonder just how long he'll be with us. But I try to focus on the positive and scrap the fun moments now of all of my pets so that I will always remember how sweet they are right now.

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I knew some of you were battling the cancer monster with your babies, but I was so scared to ask how they were. I am so sorry for your losses. HUGS from the bottom of my heart!

I did do a few pages for our Buffy when we lost her to cancer 6 years ago, but they are not using TLP products. I think it is a good scraptherapy but you have to have to give some time, hun.

14. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

So sorry for your loss Jenny!
    I know how hard it is. Actually it was the loss of our first dog Kenzo that got me scrapping in 2004. My first pages were of him and I found it a beautiful way to come to terms with his passing away. I didn't make an album just pages that I made here and there everytime I felt I needed to scrap about him.

15. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

16. Crafty Kacy

Crafty Kacy Shoo, fly!

So sorry to hear about Toby. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I've just scrapped about the loss of our first dog, as part of March's journalling challenge to scrap a trauma, and that was really hard, even now, several years later.

[​IMG]

17. Mi Monteiro

Mi Monteiro I shot that egg dead

The Pupi twin sister could be the dog that I lost, it took years to find a ... I feel for your loss Jenny ...
    [​IMG]

18. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I just put a layout up in my gallery memorializing our dog Goldy. He died two years ago Memorial Day weekend, and it's still hard.

19. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

(hug) Jenny. I've been thinking of you! I'm so sorry about your loss.

I have loved seeing the pages shared here.

I think a memorial page or an album would be lovely. I have managed to scrap only a few pages of our pets and I am reminded that I want to treasure the moments we have with them. They are a part of our story too. :beat

20. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.. I lost my Greyhound Buck about a year and a half ago. He was such a silly guy - I had so many things I wanted to remember that I started a list. I was soooooo lucky that a year or so before I had requested a greyhound doodle from Kate and she included it in her My Kind of Dog. I created a mini book. It did help me to know I had captured all of our fun and happy memories together. It helped me to focus on the happy memories. There are a few pages in my gallery. And you can see all of them here.

http://gpa-cnhc.org/web2/buckRussell.html

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013