Newbie posting in the reading pad! What should i read next?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Micheline Martin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

Hey peeps <3
    I'm gonna be honest and say that I've never really enjoyed reading until recently, I've FINALLY finished the hunger games (I tried reading it in the past and gave up) and LOVED it and am now almost done Insurgent. Question is I have no idea what to pick up next :) So i was looking for some idea's please.
    I really enjoy female leads, some romance (not too heavy) and I'm not really into supernatural stuff atm (I do love twilight but I'm kinda sick of vampires and werewolves ) I'm actually really enjoying Dystopian books.
    Thanks guys!

Here are a few books I've read recently and enjoyed..
    Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, Divergent, Insurgent *almost done*, Hunger Game trilogy.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I so loved the hunger games... there is a teen series, that is coming out soooooooooooooooooooooo slowly Micheal Vey. The Hunger Games I was late to the party, so it was grand tohave all 3 books sitting on my table! I read the first one and LOVED it, but it was over a year ago. the second book is out, but I think I am gonna wait til they finish and re read ONe, and go from there!

3. strawberryredhead

strawberryredhead Tacos, tostadas, tamales, OH MY!

Have you read any of the Mortal Instruments books? I really enjoy all of them - including the Infernal Devices spinoff.

Are you on Good Reads? It's a great way to connect with your friends to see what they're reading and find new books.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

5. strawberryredhead

:perfect

6. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

Just joined today, and found LOADS of great books thank you so much for your suggestion !

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If you liked The Hunger Games you should try Matched, Reached and Crossed by Ally Condie. There is also a series starting with The Giver by Lois Lowry that is a lot like Matched. Both are dystopian type young adult books series and both are quick and good reads.

8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

It just got Clockwork Princess on my Kindle (very excited!!!). It's book three of the Infernal devices trilogy and I am loving the series!

Micheline have you tried Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor? Its fabulous and book two is also out but book three won't be out until April 2014 *sob*

I also really enjoying the Taker series by Alma Katsu and you might also like the Graceling series by Kristin Cashore ... you are my friend on Goodreads now so no doubt I will bore you to tears with my book obsession LOL

9. strawberryredhead

I have this waiting for me, too. Can't wait! I can't decide if I want to read the first 2 again first or not. lol

10. amandac

have you read it yet Jamie? what did you think? I thought the series finished really well and all the threads bought together beautifully but I have heard people say that it got a bit long at the end ... I didn't find that myself and am interested in your thought!

11. strawberryredhead

I *just* started reading it yesterday and am probably half way through. I'll let you know when I'm done. I'm pretty sure I'll finish today since I've been sick and just hanging out in bed.

12. kbrown0

kbrown0 New Member

A great series is Delirium. It is YA (young adult) no sex, but there is a love story to it. It is dystopian. Oh is it dystopian. Delirium is about a world where love is a disease. People are "cured" at age 16 and those who aren't are invalids. They are not allowed to live in the city and have to live in the "Wilds."
    I have read all the books above and I would highly recommended this series if you all like those books. The 3rd book, Requiem has just been released last month, so no waiting.

13. TeaWithLemon

TeaWithLemon Well-Known Member

Huh - I was thinking about reading the Divergent series next, but maybe I'll try this one instead. Thanks for the recommendation!

14. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

Definitely The Mortal Instruments and Harry Potter Mitch!!

15. strawberryredhead

I forgot to come back and tell you...I loved it! Never in a million years did I expect that ending, but it was perfect. I actually cried (ugly cried) twice during the epilogue.

16. kbrown0

kbrown0 New Member

Update. I loved Delirum, but I'm so ticked off about the ending to the series. The author doesn't tie it up, or give you an epilogue. So irked. They are making it into a tv show. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but if it does, how crappy to do that to your faithful, series readers.

17. amandac

I know exactly what you mean Jaimie, I loved the ending and shed a few heartfelt tears too! Have you heard that she is thinking about doing another series following on from the moment she meets him on the bridge! Weeeeeee!