"How To" question - please help!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MandaKay, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Ohhh Christa's ideas are really neat too! So maybe the dodge and burn tools are best used on ellies and not pics :D

2. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

This is really interesting and something I've never tried! Definitely have to try it sometime in the future!

3. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I like Peppermint's suggestion. I am lazy like that so I am all over that like Frick on a Stick. :giggle

The book thingy Paula posted will prob work for you.

I was going to suggest cutting the photo where the crease is and warping the edges that are near the crease. Too much work - so I would cover the crease with a ribbon or paper strip and then all would be good. :)

4. jbarksdale

jbarksdale New Member

5. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I'm about ready to do what Peppermint suggested and just not put it over the crease. I am too much of a perfectionist and just want it to look JUST like the paper beneath it - LOL! I need Michelle to share her trick on how she got her paper like that - LOL!

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

You can also instead of making the picture fold down INTO the fold, you could make it look like it's laying on top of the fold, by separating the shadow and extending it a bit with your warp tool.

Oh also if you are going to use the dodge/burn tool instead of doing it directly on top of your element/or picture, do a CMD or CTRL + click item to get the marching ants around it. Then fill with 50% gray and change blend mode to "screen" this will make the layer "invisible" but will allow you to burn or dodge your layer.

7. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

See I would just go with the same solution Peppermint offered... but that's me

8. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

here are loads of actions and some freebies, I loved these when I first started out making pages
    http://www.panosfx.com/