TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Feb 8, 2013.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

I am thankful and ever-so-grateful that today is Friday. Yay, weekend!
    What do you have planned?

I just cancelled our weekend plans because my youngest is home with a fever and the ick. I'm looking forward to laying low, catching up on some reading and snuggling my baby girl.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2. KrissyKat

KrissyKat Reeding is fundamental

I plan to be snowed in this weekend! It's already started and they are calling for 12+ inches of snow! The boyfriend came over to be snowed-in here with me and he's working from home (love the computer programming industry!). Hopefully I'll get some scrapping done since I haven't done a single page since the January challenges ended. I also need to start doing some homework for my graduate classes, but that seems so borrr-ing in comparison to playing with my new purchases!

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Halleluiah for Friday!! No major plans for us - just some errands. I'm hoping to do a little shopping this weekend. We're going to Spokane for an overnighter for my birthday in a couple of weeks, and I'd like to find something fun to wear to dinner. And we need a suitcase. But other than that, it should be pretty low key!

But I'd love some snow :) Even two feet of it!

4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Wow I am so thrilled that it is Friday this week! It has been an especially hectic week, and next week will be the same. It has just been the regular stuff but then between this week and next, each of my kids have a physical examination, and one of my boys had to get 4 teeth pulled, so just extra appointments.

Tomorrow night Chris planned a party, and I am so not excited about it. I'm definitely not the kind of person that wants to put on an event and invite over a bunch of people I don't know. I guess the main reason I am mad about it is that I'm not going to be able to sit and scrapbook tomorrow night!!

5. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Oh no, Laura...hope your baby feels better soon!

Nothing really planned here other than the usual errands and we bought a turkey that DH is planning on smoking (YUM!) and I plan on finishing my rereading of Matched so I can get started on the last two in the series before the book club chat. Other than that...scrapping and hopefully some time for a family gaming session or two.

6. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

We've got snow here too! I might be spending the night under my desk at work (or hopefully a hotel nearby!). Stay safe out there!

7. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Awboo, Laura! I so hope J is feeling better soon!

Lots of warm wishes for those who are forecasted to have gobs of snow this weekend!

This weekend is full of Girl Scout activities and soaking up family time. Hoping to get a couple projects wrapped up and get a little crafty too.

Hope it's a wonderful weekend for you!

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

we are flying thru the house now!! Love these Fridays, we have had church (revival) services all week, all kinds of new people and on the last day, we have EVERYONE to our house after service! I am making a ton of chili, cutting onions, making cornbread and getting the house final prep!
    100 people eating makes me so happy!!

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Nothing major. 12 miles in the morning, then pancakes with my boyfriend. Soccer Sunday night.

Buncha nothing in between.

10. Damayanti

Damayanti Don't make me laugh ...

My youngest son is ill - have scarlatina :(
    We will rest at home, and I'll do a little photo-processing...I have five unfinished photo sesion.
    Аnd keep an eye here for results of the monthly chellenge :giggle

11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Hope those who are ill are better soon, and that the snow isn't too bad!

I got roped into being "cookie mom" for DD's Girl Scout troop this year. We're picking up our initial order from the warehouse tomorrow and bringing all back here to sort and distribute to the girls tomorrow night and Sunday. So I'm up to my eyeballs in paperwork today. I had to take a break – I was getting writer's cramp!

Other than that, I'll also be helping with the troop's archery outing tomorrow, which should be fun :), and taking DS to a band competition tonight. His ensemble doesn't perform until 9:15pm, and that's assuming everything is running on time. His sectional rehearsal was at 7:15 this morning. Makes for a long day! Hopefully, the kids won't be too tired to do their best!

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sorry to hear for those of you with sickies at home! Hope they feel better after a weekend at home.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to my parents house to finally paint my Mom's kitchen. I spent all of last weekend over there removing wallpaper, sanding, spackling and putting up paintable wallpaper. I went over last night for the last little bit of prep work before we can paint and i got to paint a big section of the paint sample that we picked out. She's doing a fun red color to go with her white cabinets and it looks so fun to see bright fun colors in her kitchen! I can't wait to see it all done.

Tomorrow night we have a gym and swim night at the YMCA with the families from our church. My boys look forward to this event all year long. :)

13. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

It's carnaval weekend over here! So tomorrow Kate will dress us as a pirate (yep no princess but a pirate LOL) and we'll watch the floats passing by. Then at 5pm I have an extra once-in-so-many -weeks graveyard shift and then Sunday is lazy day to recooperate! Oh! And want to bake some more large soft and chewy choc chip cookies but also try the peanutbutter choc chips too!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  14. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I think we have nothing planned but grocery shopping this weekend. My hubby has to work, so it'll just be me and the girls hanging out.

15. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Now that I am finally feeling well enough to do something other than go to work & come home to crash on the couch...I'll be getting out with the kids! Tomorrow we're going to the children's museum, out to lunch, and then we need to shop for a birthday present and class valentines. Sunday will be a typical day of cleaning and probably a trip to the park.

16. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Oh no! I hope the sickies go away Laura!!!

We are going sledding tomorrow...we got about 8 inches of snow this week. We may just attempt to build some sort of fort/igloo too for our 6 year old. We'll see how that goes. Of course we are going to build some snowmen too since we actually have regular carrots for the nose!!!!

Sunday it's suppose to be yucky here so we'll just hang out inside and hopefully figure out what we what to do in the basement and start working on an IKEA list!!

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I hope the sickies go away for everyone.

Saturday I rested and recovered.

Sunday has been rough. Both boys finally realized that their time with our dog is very, very short (she has an aggressive cancer), and we all spent about 15 minutes just crying and holding each other. I do hope that they treasure every minute we have left with her. The tumour has doubled in size from last week, so dh and I are taking her to the vet tomorrow to see what he has to say, but it isn't going to be good. I'm praying for courage, and strength, and wisdom to know how to handle this. My oldest (9) wants to be at home when she is euthanized (our vet will come to our house unless he has surgeries booked), but I don't know how I'll be able to handle that, let alone a 9 year old.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh Heather, you poor thing! I hope you all can make it through and focus on the happy memories more than the pain of loss! What a week you're having! Hugs!