the project life Mum vs the scrapping Mum

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by nockosh, Jan 17, 2013.

1. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

DS had a fall off a rope tower thingy at the park today. Thankfully he is OK but he has rope burn from under his chin, down the side of his neck and onto his shoulder.

Now the project life Mum in me is kind of thinking "cool must get a photo of that to show for week 3", yet scrapbooking Mum is thinking "oh gosh that is not going to look good in the baptism photos we will be taking on Sunday"

*insert tug-o-war smilie here*

2. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

ROFL I can just hear you having that conversation in your head - I bet that smarted poor little guy!

3. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

{giggle} Can you photoshop it out of the baptistm photos, or is it someone else doing the photos? If you can, it's like having the best of both worlds.

4. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

:giggle Sounds like a familiar train of thought! Glad to read the little guy is okay. He must have had quite a scare!

5. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I'm glad he didn't get hurt too badly.

6. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Glad he wasn't hurt too bad! I can see your conflict though :)

7. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

If it was me, I'd be saying that will be some photo for his Baptism page. Kekekekeee!!!! And my title wud be "Tied up in Knots over Him". :P

As I am getting into the groove of scrapbooking, I'd want to take a photo of anything & everything! Cos I am just too lazy to dig out the old photos to scan.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  8. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

That is too funny. I completely get where you are coming from!

9. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

See I would see the benefit of a good ouchie picture, and then just no to try to take his baptism pictures from an angle that it wouldn't show. And trust me, we get facial injuries around here a lot. lol

10. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

My boys always have a mark of some kind when we take "good pics" - every year for school photos they are marked up. Last year in face, Boden was in the green stage of a black eye and Jacob had a scratch on his cheek.

I figure - that's our normal life. They are wild boys and I want to remember that part of them. If I tried to edit it out, it wouldn't be real life!

11. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Story of my life!!

12. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Embrace the 'boo-boo'!

13. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

I'm an evil mom. Stating that upfront. I would take the cool PL photo. Then for Baptism photos next week I would try and cover it up with concealer. Yes I would make my son where it! I don't have boys but I have done this plenty of times on my girls. For some reason they are destined to get huge gashes on their foreheads the night before birthday pictures. Seriously though, consider the make up :)

14. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Glad to hear the little guy is no worse for wear. :) Boo-boos happen! I have that debate in my head every time I take one of the kids to the E.R.

My 5 year old daughter asked me why she had to go to hospital to have her ears fixed again. I was able to pull out a pic of her ear bleeding from the infections she's always getting. "See honey, so your ears might stop doing this." "Oh." End of discussion.

15. milo82

milo82 milo82

well I would def think the same...hope you can find a way to 'hide' the burns :(

16. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I think we can all relate! LOL It'll just make his baptism more memorable, right?
    Last year I spaced picture day for my 1st grader, so I signed him up for retakes. The night before retakes he got a huge gash on his chin and insisted on wearing a big band-aid across it!

17. renee82

renee82 renee82

I've had this same conflict... many time. ;) But glad he's okay.

18. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

i can just visualise you saying just stand there while he is crying while you run for the camera lol,hope it gets better fast