30 Day Shred: Week 2

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AmberR, Oct 15, 2012.

1. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

Week 2

Day 1, Level 2
    weight: 58.8kg

Level 2 was hard. Yes, i skipped days 6 & 7 of Level 1 because I never have a chance to work out at the weekend, and this weekend was especially impossible with the boy's party on Saturday and the husbands birthday on Sunday... I am SO glad that we started the shred last week, because considering my weight stayed steady, i KNOW if we hadn't started, I'd have gained after all that sugar!!!

Anyway. Level 2: those darn plank moves. they kill me even when I wasn't injured. Now I have to modify them into half-planks to spare my wrist and I couldn't do any actual jumping, but just the toe-tapping in a half plank was killing me! I've never held out a whole week on Level 2. I hope I can this week and that by the end, my endurance has stepped it up a notch!!!

Day 2 - 4 mins Tabata Training

wow. that was hard.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Did Level 1 3x last week.
    Did Level 1 today.

I'm not "graduating" to Level 2 until I've done Level 1 at least 10x, LOL. So far I've done it 6x in October.

3. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Did L1 D8 today. Got two more days of L1, then I move up! While I have gotten stronger, my shoulders are a real weak point. I can hold a plank for about half a minute now (on my elbows). I know I'll be following Anita's easier example!

4. AmberR

You know, I never even thought beyond a week. each level for a week. It totally makes sense to do each level for 10 days! duh! that said, there is no way I could have handled level 1 for another 5 days. I was SO bored, knew the routine inside and out, was already doing the next circuit before they had started on the video! ha ha! that would be because I have started the 30 day shred SO MANY times and never made it PAST level 1! ha! Level 2 was a real challenge, but I think I'll go ahead and do it for the whole ten days. maybe by then, I will be able to do the plank moves without dying! ;)

5. eryn

eryn gross no longer

6. AmberR

So I'm a loser today. I woke up so sore from yesterday, and so tired from whatever...that I could not bring myself to do the 30 day shred. my butt and quads hurt so bad! I was going to totally skip today, but felt bad. I had read about Tabata on another thread in here, so I found a timer for my app and gave it a try. ouch! Not totally sure I did it right, but I was dying after the 7th round!

7. eryn

eryn gross no longer

Amber it sounds like you only did 5 days of Level 1?? You should 10 days before you go up to level 2 so no wonder you were sore.
    Even if you had to skip a couple of days, don;t worry about, just continue on with level 1 until 10 days or you feel you are ready to go to the next level. Don't feel bad or give up though! And you are not a loser no matter what! You should be really proud of yourself for what you've done already! :heartslub

8. AmberR

yah. there is NO WAY I could have done another 5 days of level 1. I suck that way. too bored with it, and it wasn't really challenging me anymore. Maybe I'll switch back and forth. shouldn't matter as long as I get a work out in every day, right?! :D

9. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Then at least stretch out and warm up longer before and after it, okay? The stretch routine on the DVD is too short. That way you won't be as sore when you finish. It also helps to take Ibuprofen before you start. That also prevents muscles from hurting so much you have a hard time walking. ***painfully remembers my own first two or three tries at 30DS. I had no idea I was that out of shape! ***

Oh yeah! I did L1, Day Eight! Yesterday.

I'm considering doing JM's Banish Far Boost Metabolism workout today OR her Killer Buns and Thighs workout. They're both 40 minutes and killer, however.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  10. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

L1, D9 done. One more day on it to go, and up I move to Level 2!

:wooot :woot :circles

11. AmberR

bravo! good for you! my motivation this week has been non-existent. I'm exhausted, did nothing yesterday and don't really feel the drive today either. *sigh* i always poop out after 5 days. I need a kick in the rear!!! I'm so impressed with you for hanging in there!!

12. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Then get your butt moving, missy! Even if you don't feel like it--believe me, I know how that is. You will feel so much better about yourself if you do than if you don't. It's only 20 minutes.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  13. eryn

eryn gross no longer

i had 2 days off :( The first one because I was just too tired from not sleeping and then the next day I was just lazy. I WILL work out today.

14. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Just feel like a total looser : I was unable to do the shred for 3 days last week because DS was clingy and I was alone with him... and this week, well, I was pretty much alone with him all the time too.
    I should be focusing on the fact that I did walk a lot with him in the sling (and now he weights 10kg....) so yes, I did exercice this week....

Congrats to everyone who managed to stick to the plan !!

15. AmberR

Well, I did nothing after Tuesday this week, except eat a lot...a LOT. But this morning, a RL friend helped me kick my butt out the door. We met at the bus stop at 7:30 and went jogging. So yay for that. If we can make it a regular thing, then I might alternate the shred with jogging next week and see if I do better.

16. Pheeebzzz

Pheeebzzz Well-Known Member

Kuddos on going jogging Amber. I did walk this afternoon too, hoping that my little one would fall asleep but he didn't :/. We had a nice walk though, autumn is here and the colors are gorgeous.

17. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Today was my first day doing Level 2! I did do a stretch DVD last night and again this morning before I did the 30DS. It helps a lot. I pooped out toward the end, tho; wth is with those sideways planks???? I was hoping for a nice rest on my back while my abdominal muscles did their thing! I surprised myself a bit by following the girl on the left (spacing out on her name) who does the advanced moves. I did what she did except for the plyo jumping moves.

Also, I found out in another forum somewhere (here? elsewhere? on Amazon?) that if you want to do planks on your hands, if you put your hands into a fist, it takes a lot of pressure off your wrist. And it's true!

Today I thought I'd try out my next size down jeans, and I could put them on! I admit I wore them just for a few hours; I have to slim down just a little more. But at least I can close the zipper now. :yippee

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am here to make EVERONE feel better. I did day 1 and then life happened. We had major sickies here and then days off school and extra kids here after school. So, I just did day 2 today. But darnnit! I'm not quitting!

19. AmberR

I've tried planking on my fists and it hurts. I think it's harder and ends up straining my wrists more. *sigh* I've also tried finger-tip planks, but in the end, it didn't help my wrist. Level 2 IS hard. Go you for getting through it!!! those chair squats had my butt sore all last week! and then when I went jogging, I had more sore muscles, a major indication of how much i've let myself go! Woot to you for putting on your size down jeans!!! Know what I did last week? put on my size UP jeans. :P

dang, now you're making me feel guilty!! I have a Halloween Costume to make (a knight) that has to be finished by tomorrow morning, so I don't see getting anything done today. Maybe tomorrow then? Only as soon as the Knight is finished, I have a princess to make and that needs to be done by Friday. *sigh* On Saturday, we're going out of town for a week (Fall Break) and there goes another week of no shredding. I feel pathetic. But Karen, go you! I'll keep your words in mind and start up again when I can. Only this is the reason I never get beyond level 1. :P

20. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

you guys rock for doing this! hang in there and make the time to workout - the costumes will still be there and there is always pavement to pound, even if walking, for at least 30min!

i hate planks - my wrists are SO weak! figure the more i do, though, the stronger they get!? in theory anyway... ;)