TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Oct 12, 2012.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

It's Friday! What do you have planned?

My kids are off school today, so we're having some play dates and fun today. Tomorrow, if the rain holds off, we're going to the pumpkin patch. Then, we're having another family over for dinner. Sunday is just church and relaxing. Ahhh. Should be a nice, quiet weekend.

2. Ams

Ams New Member

We don't have much fun and extra planned. Just the normal...

Saturday: orchestra for one daughter, and a soccer game, too.
    Then we'll all gather around the TV in the basement and watch the BYU football game. :)
    And Sunday we'll head to church and probably visit with friends in the evening.

3. Dana

Dana Dana

here's what we've got planned:

fri: DH arrives home around 5pm from CA - kids are going to the YMCA for parent's night out and we are going to catch up on dexter and homeland
    sat: friends over for brunch and then heading to the amusement park for autumn fairgrounds and a little screeeemfest
    sun: relax, watch football, go to the park and maybe go see a movie in the PM if my babysitter is available ;)

4. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

We have our wine club meeting tomorrow night. Tomorrow morning I signed up to come to an event on campus, but I am debating whether to skip it instead.. I need to catch up on r&r this weekend because this week and the next are super busy for me.

5. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Re: TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

All I have on the books is lunch with my mom on Saturday. The rest of the weekend will be spent working, cleaning and grocery shopping - Tom's parents are in town next week.

6. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I'm taking Kennedy to Little Gym tomorrow morning for a make-up session. DH is going to the beach house to inspect the roofing we just had done. I'm cleaning and getting things ready for a big birthday dinner tomorrow night. My mom's b-day is tomorrow, and my godfather's b-day is 11/2, so we're doing a combo thing. That wasn't the original intention, but I invited my godfather, so he assumed it was for him too. :giggle

Sunday my DD is taking Kennedy and heading to see her dad in Oregon, so I'm going to try to get caught up on school all next week. Ugh. I'm so far behind, it isn't even funny.

7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Football, shopping for winter jackets (it has been around 0C in the mornings the last couple days), church. Pretty relaxing weekend.

8. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

DH started a new job today, so I'm excited to hear how everything went when he gets home.

Tomorrow night I'm going to Heather's (heathergw) and taking my Project Life album to work on. So looking forward to a night of crafting, plus hanging out with some digi friends (a couple of which I've known forever online but have never met IRL). Of course I met Heather and Kim at the last craft night I went to. So much fun, but I definitely talked more than I crafted!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh. I am hoping that we will all finally be well again. I had one son home on Thursday puking and then the other one woke up puking today. Yuck! Good news is, it seems to be short lived.

I'm REALLY hoping to go to Ikea this weekend in Chicago. I've been waiting for WEEKS to find a free Saturday. I can't wait!

10. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

There will be college football watching. Eating. I'm going to my 3rd crop ever at my LSS! So tonight it'll be a frenzy of printing out photos and crop-packing. Sunday is dinner with friends. :)

11. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Ooh fun! Sounds like good weekends overall!

We are vanilla as ever, which is lovely. No special plans. The usual grocery shopping, working, crafting, and family time. Church on Sunday and football.

12. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I'm not really sure... and I'm glad! We've got soccer games for both boys Sat. morning, and I'd really like to get some bulbs planted and clean out the veggie garden. Other than that... who knows! Hopefully it'll include some scrapping.

13. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Horror night at Six Flags with my kids. Visiting the local pumpkin patch and corn maze. And maybe finish that game of Monopoly we started last Sunday!

14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and mid70s, so I'm taking Miss Monkey on a hike at the park. Can't wait to get some new fall/leaves pictures of her! Must decide what she'll be wearing... :giggle

Sunday is the annual gluten-free expo, so I will try to make it there. The free samples from 50+ vendors alone are worth the $5 cover charge. I think I won a giveaway basket, too. Hubs lived off all the samples I brought home for weeks after last year's expo. :yesss

15. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

Dinner with friends at our fave Italian place followed by season premiere of Vampire Diaries screening party. lol. We are dorks. Tomorrow is another soccer game in the morning. Might to go Fright Fest at 6 Flags Fiesta Texas in the evening. Hope to read and relax Sunday.

16. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

just baby ballet and football this weekend,no other plans as of yet

17. tuttle

tuttle New Member

SURPRISE!! DH walked in the door an hour & a half early!! WOW! So much for finishing school for the day, but I do get to make dinner without interruption! Tonight there is a dinner to say goodbye to a friend moving away. :( So sad as she is such an amazing gal & we will miss her much - yet we're so thrilled that she can be close to her family.

Weekend . . . guh. Try to finished staining & poly-ing the shelves. I think that's been on our to-do list for the past 10 weekends! We're getting so close!! Otherwise, I need to get this house back in order, which will be easier when we have shelves . . . I have to ready the garden for winter. We have tons of leaves to rake, jump in & then pile into the garden as mulch.

Wash underwear for our 1 potty training twin. Every time I let my guard down he informs me his is wet, made a puddle & needs new unders. This is definitely going to be a task-y weekend around here.

18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

My Saturday is a fun day, we are surprising one of my daughters dearest friends with a 16th birthday party. It been hilarious trying to organize the kids this week to get to a certain place at a certain time! Organizing teenage girls is like trying to stuff wet cats in a sack! I'm making a cake, some custard tarts and some fudge this morning to sneak over there in time for the big surprise this afternoon - should be fun!

Sunday is a quiet day - washing, groceries and reading :)

Hope you all have a grand weekend!

19. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Let's see.....
    Soccer practice tonight
    Soccer games tomorrow
    I get to go to Heather's (heathergw) house tomorrow night for a scrap night! YAY!!!!!

Sunday we were suppose to go to the pumpkin patch but it's suppose to rain.
    We have homework to do, Bear's Game to watch and have to do something fun with my first grader's mascot that he brought home for the weekend........

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  20. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

My kids and I have all been sick. I was hoping for a low key weekend but it likely won't be the case. I have to work this morning and then after I get them from the sitter I'm hoping they'll nap for a bit so we can go grocery shopping. We don't have pumpkin patches nearby so I may go to the Farmer's Market Stand to get some pumpkins (and pictures!) either today or tomorrow. Tomorrow we plan on going to the beach with friends in the morning and then we have a Skype date with DH in the afternoon :)