Pad Patter: 10/5 - Before Bed

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

What MUST you to before going to bed each night?

I clean the kitchen. I *hate* waking up to a mess in the kitchen. Just screws up my whole day!

Side note: I originally typed the name of this thread as "BYOC" instead of "Pad Patter". I think that means I need to scrap more BYOC pages. :giggle

2. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

Hehe Angie, always need to scrap more! I fall asleep so fast and anywhere, I can't have a before bed routine.

Well, I guess that would be it. I pass out on the sofa, or the car, or the table. Not a great routine.

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Maybe you can make "getting into bed" part of your routine. :rofl

4. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

i scrap! is my scrap time ;-)

5. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I usually scrap as well...and I turn on my dishwasher just before I crawl into bed (sometimes frantically loading it at 1 am because I was lazy and didn't do it right after dinner).

6. Dana

Dana Dana

i have to clean the kitchen as well ... it's the worst when i wake up to a messy sink

i also make a to-do list for the AM and read a little ... and i HAVE to have a HUGE glass of ice water with me when i sleep - i have an insulated 'bubba keg' (from target or walmart or similar) that i use for this sole purpose :) i get in a VERY bad mood if i don't have it!

7. misserin

misserin New Member

Read something. It's what puts me to sleep.

8. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I don't like a messy kitchen when I wake up, but I don't always get the dishwasher unloaded in time to load in more dishes from the sink. One routine I have to do (unless I fall asleep on the couch, happens less and less often these days, yay! we have a rotten couch) is stick in my mouthpiece so I don't grind my teeth down (TMI?) and turn on my Nook and read CNN, KTLA, CBSnews and the LA Daily News before going to sleep.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  9. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Plug in my phone, iPad, and most importantly the baby monitor, since it also basically functions as our alarm clock. Bad nights when I don't turn on the baby monitor because even though we can hear him without it, he is usually super mad by the time we do. :)

I used to read before bed, but that doesn't happen much anymore.

10. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Man, I feel like I should start cleaning my kitchen before bed now. I don't like walking into a messy kitchen in the morning, either, but I think I hate cleaning the kitchen more.

The only thing I can think of that I do *every* night is I plug my phone in on the the nightstand and double check the alarm. I'm alarm clock paranoid. I usually always check our local news app, too, and HuffPo's top stories. It gives me the illusion that I'm not a total hermit.

11. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

If I go to bed last (which isn't often) I HAVE to open the door to the garage to make sure the garage door is shut....I am a little obsessed with making sure it is shut and not sure why b/c we ALWAYS have it shut! LOL

Ok...but for real....turn off my laptop, head down in the basement to make sure the cat has food and water, head upstairs to brush my teeth and take out my contacts and then plug in my iPhone and iPad. The very last thing I do before I climb into bed is put chapstick on....if I forget I have to get back out of bed. I can't leave it on my nightstand b/c Derek will EAT it! LOL I sometimes play on the iPad for a bit if I need to wind down.....

12. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I always make sure that my devices are plugged in and my alarm at the ready, brush my teeth and put on my chapstick. And I have difficulty shutting my brain down so I usually read something, catch up on the day's news with my news apps, or listen to a bit of an audio book until I get sleepy enough to drift off.

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I wind down at night by checking email/scrapping/watching TV, so that would be my routine. I get super cranky without my 'me' time.

[Yes, I am an introvert. How could you tell?!] :giggle

14. julia

julia julia

15. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

Take out my contacts, put on my glasses (to watch TV in bed) and then put in my retainer...my inner geek comes out at night :)

16. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I WISH I was one of those that couldn't go to sleep with a messy kitchen.. alas, I'm a hit and miss with that one.
    I have a pretty strict bathroom routine I follow... I do it EXACTLY the same way every night! Pull hair back, potty, wash hands, take out contacts, wash face, moisturizer, eye cream, put glasses on, brush teeth, take hair tie out, brush hair, put on chapstick. The end - and now I can sleep.

17. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

I have to have the dishes done, my teeth brushed and flossed, and I like to read at least a few minutes of something.

18. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Well, we all have clean kitchens. I don't even sit down to scrap until the dishes are in the dishwasher and pots and pans are washed. Right before bed, it's teeth brushed/flossed, face washed, 3 different creams. As I'm brushing I'm checking the garage door too and turning on the alarm. Then when I lay down, I write in my scrap journal. Might be the journaling for the layout I was working on or might be a journaling prompt or journaling for a layout idea I have working in my mind.

19. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I usually just watch some stuff on my DVR, play games on my iphone or maybe read until I pass out!

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I really like my kitchen clean too, but that one doesn't keep me from going to sleep. I must read to unwind though. And plug in my phone.