Avengers movie?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by renee82, Sep 28, 2012.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

Okay, so the hubby and I watched it this summer and now that it's out on DVD we're debating letting my 7 and 5 year old boys watch it. I know it's not gory, and if I remember correctly it wasn't too scary but there is a lot of fighting... What do you guys think?

2. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

My oldest has been watching those types of movies since he was probably 5 or 6. That is because my hubby is really into them and it is something for them to do together. I haven't seen where it has harmed him to this point. I think it is ok, but that is just my opinion.

My youngest son I don't let him watch those kinds of movies only because he is delayed and he doesn't really understand it all.

3. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

Renee, my boys are 7 and 5 as well and we let them watch it for the same reason Erika told above, my hubby loves that kind of movie and it's something that they do together. I think it's not that violent, nothing that they dont see on Ben 10 show anyways.

4. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

My son who is 7 watched it with us at the theater. He wasn't really scared by it, but he did get bored at times when there wasn't much action.

5. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I've been trying to figure this out. We let Jack, 7, watch it, but Max was scared, so it wasn't an issue. But they really wanted the DVD, so we got that, but it didn't hold Max's interest at all. It probabyl wouldn't hurt, and if you did feel like it wasn't appropriate, you could always turn it off.

6. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

My 6 year old niece who love superheroes couldn't wait to see it. She didn't think it was scary - she loved it. :)

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Huh... this is good to know. I didn't let my boys watch it (6 and 8) They would be thrilled if I let them see it. I'll probably still watch it first. I find that when in doubt, I'll let them watch it on a Saturday during the day as opposed to at night right before they go to bed. That gives them a little time to digest it and forget it a little before going straight to bed.

8. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I have to do this for ME with scary movies. I can't watch them before bed. They play tricks on my mind!

9. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

We took our big boys to see it in the theater. We're really picky on what they can and can't see, especially in the actual theater, but they had no problems with it at all.

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

the funny part is I think they don't get half of the jokes... the jokes in this movie are mostly targeted to our generation... I don't think it's a violent movie. Of course I wouldn't play it to my daughter only because she is scared of CARS (the movie)... yeah... no movies for us...

11. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

LOL... I have no answer for you, but laugh because I didn't see this thread previously and just asked about Hotel Transylvania. :D Maybe we need a kids' movie reviewer.

12. renee82

renee82 renee82

Okay, we ended up letting them watch it and they LOVED it! Even my 5 year old who usually can't sit still for a whole movie sat through the whole thing. :)

13. eryn

eryn gross no longer

we let my 4 and 6 yr old watch it. Its one of the only adult movies out there that I think is ok for them. Not only is the violence not too bad, but there is no romance!

14. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

We watched it for family night on Friday. LOL but a lot of it was filmed in Albuquerque. In face the entire first scene is at the high school my husband was architect for. We loved it as a family movie!