Resize for web....

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by alb52, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Hmmm... I do it all manually, but after reading this I'd love to get an action that does it for me. After searching around a bit I can't seem to find one that works with PSE 10. Anyone know of one?

2. eryn

eryn gross no longer

I use fruitloop sally's action. Love it but I think they are all fairly similar

3. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

I use an action that resizes, brightens and sharpens. It allows me to adjust the sharpness and I usually adjust to 30%.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I use an action... love the ease. I think I have one of Wendy's actions. I'm going to try Tronesia's way and see if I see a difference... and I would love to see Krista's too!

Lynette... I think Paislee Press has a free one for PSE.

5. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

I'm pretty new to this, but I've been doing graphic design for a while, but I cannot tell the difference between sharpening and saving for web from Photoshop... so I just save for web from my .psd. Someone convince me otherwise! (I have seen the Sahlin Studio tutorial, but I really can't tell the difference on my layouts.)

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I use an action that duplicates the document, flattens, resizes, sharpens and allows me to adjust saturation. I turn on all the dialog boxes in the action so I can tweak it for each page. I got it many many years ago from Paint the Moon (2007 or 8?). Sadly, she doesn't have it anymore.

After I run the action, I run Save-for-Web and optimize for filesize.

I'm going to have to check out Krista's(Sahlin Studio) - thanks for the link Heather. :)

Also I need to figure out how to add steps to an action, because I often have to save both 600x600 and 700x700 versions, and I'd like that to just happen auto-magically.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012