PL Chit Chat?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by ang517, May 1, 2012.

1. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

I am a little bit behind slowly catching up. Summer has been keeping me very busy. Lots and lots of activities. Will be starting school next week and I will be working so my free time will be limited. Hope I don't fall too much behind.

My husband never looks at my books. My kids do look at them from time to time and are starting to read the journaling so at least I feel like I have accomplished something.

As for next year. Probably will continue on. This is my 4th year doing project 365 and really in the groove of taking photo of the day each day sort of out of habit. This year I did it project life format and really like all the neat journaling I'm now including in my albums. Probably will continue in digital as I seem to get it done faster that way.

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

yep, i'm in the same boat as you... summer totally derailed me. i'm still on like week 21 or something. eeep!
    i think next year i'll do it again, but digitally. i bought the paper PL kit because i LOOOVVVEED the look of clementine. but i find that using paper is just not my comfort zone. i need to do digital if i have any chance of keeping up.

3. judet

judet Active Member

I'm waay behind but working on catching up. Have photos in templates up until about a week ago and I've made notes as I've been going along. My latest finished layout is from way back in June though! Gradually working on it! I love the journalling cards I've made (using Kate's templates) but I'm definitely going to need to simplify for next year - particularly as I'm going to try to get back into the world of the employed...

Definitely doing next year and definitely sticking with digital, no way I'd get it done paper. I love the new Studio Calico product (that I can't think of the name of right now) and think I might use that for a holiday journal for next year so I can get the kids to fill in cards. We had a book this year and there was too much fighting about who's drawing in it at any given time!

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

so... those of you that actually have the "Project Life" Core Kits... which one do you have and/or which is your favorite... or if you were thinking of getting one, which one would you get... I'm getting one, but can't decide which one to get... I think I'm too much of a mix and matcher LOL

5. RebeccaH

i got clementine this year, and while i totally love it, i'm not sure whether i will buy another core kit?? i love lvoe love the looks of them (especially lily's new ones for next year), but i just don't tend to reuse stuff if i've already used it... makes it kinda pointless to have several of the same cards and whatnot.

6. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I wish they would sell the Core Kits in mini so that you could get them all and not have a trillion pieces left over. I love the childhood minis; her video totally sold me on making a school album for my kids.

7. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

If I went paper I would certainly get the mini album and mini kits. School album sounds like fun.

8. RebeccaH

i think core mini kits would be brilliant! i would buy one of each of them then ;)

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Perhaps you could get several people together and each buy one, then you could split so everyone has a little of several versions. We did a card swap back in March and I got some Cobalt, Turquoise and Amber to go with my Clementine. I'm excited that the new versions have horizontal and vertical reversible on each card. That might tempt me to get another in the future but will probably look into the swap thing again with my digi friends. It it nice being able to mix and match so it doesn't get too boring!

10. mixedclawzz

mixedclawzz Member

I am so far behind. Only completed up to like week 13. I am in the process of moving and just started back to working a full time job so I haven't had much extra time to work on it. I have some notes/memorabilia saved so hopefully when I have surgery in October and I'm off work, I'll be able to catch up.
    I really wish I wouldn't have bought a core kit. In all honesty, I've used maybe 3 cards from it. I was having fun making my own or using digital ones. I really like the Seafoam core kit but I doubt I will get it. I am thinking about getting some of the journaling cards from SS, but I'm not sure where to buy them.

11. mom2da3ks

mom2da3ks Likes scratch and sniff books

I am in the same boat as most of you. I have mine completed up to week 32. I have the photos/post its/info for the rest of the weeks just haven't had time to sit down and get it into my album. Just not enough time in the day, KWIM?

OH and Heather, I got that too and cannot wait to get my little hands on it and start Dec. Daily!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  12. ang517

ang517 New Member

I'm moving along and just finished week 35! I stopped posting my finished LOs in the weekly posts, only b/c I was using up valuable PL time taking pics of my finished LOs, uploading & finally posting them. Last weekend I got 3 weeks totally finished. I only have pics now for week 36; just today I ordered week 37 & 38 pics.

How are you doing?

13. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Woot Ang! I am stalled at week 25.. just been crazy busy lately. *sigh*

14. ang517

ang517 New Member

Thanks!! I totally understand!
    I just realized that I skipped week 27 because I couldn't decide how I wanted to handle some extra pics. LOL

15. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I'm excited that I got a few PL spreads done this past month (plus some 12x12 hybrid layouts to include. I'm hoping to get the last half of September and the first week of August done this upcoming week and hoping I can keep up the momentum and get some spreads done from earlier in the year as well, I have quite a bit done, but there are definitely gaps here and there.

16. ang517

ang517 New Member

HOLY MOLY!! I'm up-to-date! (which for me is usually 1-2 weeks behind since I order my pics). BUT all the rest is done & it feels awesome. Last night I finally went back and finished week 27 which I just couldn't figure out how I wanted to handle the extra pics & notes so I just let it go until I could figure it out. I didn't even have to re-print any pics for it - in the end I left a few out but nothing important. That week included the day we picked DD up from 2 weeks of sleep-away camp & there was a bunch of stuff I wanted to use. I used most of the 3x4 spots for extra photos and the only insert was a 6x12 where I printed off the journal she kept of the 3-day hike. She specifically kept the journal for me - how could I not include it! :)

Are any of you taking the PRL class? I decided kind of last minute to do it and I'm glad I did.

How are you doing?

17. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Well done!! Me? Well, you can probably guess.. still stuck on week 25! :giggle But I have my 2013 calendars finished and ordered, and a bunch of new stamps to play with, so I'm getting back to my PL soon. :)

No, I am not taking the class (it was a bit pricey for me), but I would have loved to. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

18. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Oh girls, I miss Project Life! I miss having my photos printed out and journaling, but I don't miss the amount of time I used to spend on it. My last full week I did was Week 25. Thinking of just sending a bunch of photos to get printed and putting those into an album, then start up PL again this week. But not force it every week. Not have to do a 2-page spread every week. Just do it when I feel like it, whether it's a couple of photo of something, or a whole spread. I date everything anyways, so it just doesn't need to be weekly-based. What do you think?

Ang - what kind of stuff are you learning in that PL class? I'm so curious!

19. ang517

ang517 New Member

The price is why I held off. I tried to win a seat but when that didn't work out I used a 10% off coupon so that helped a little. DH was like, "just do it, you enjoy it." :)

Week 2 just came out today and I'm about to watch. Week one was "start w/the end in mind." Becky shared from 7 effective habits book & examples from her life. Our "homework" was to (using a handout) look forward 12 weeks, when the class, the holidays, the year is over & think about where would we like to be/what we would like to have accomplished. So in categories we could jot down notes. She's all about us doing what we want- so there's a lot of flexibility in how you participate-if at all. I figured I paid the tuition-I'm going all in. Lol then there is a checklist of (possible) ideas for 7 photos & "directions" on how she completed her LO for the week. And we see her whole LO as well. Week 2 is about prioritizing. It's all Becky - she put a lot into it, you can tell.

The coupon is from http://www.paperclipping.com/bigpicture/ if you decide you are interested. (It's good for any big picture class- just follow the instructions.)

20. judet

judet Active Member

I'm up to date! Well, except for June, July and August which aren't finished - but trying not to stress about that, lol!

I think that sounds like a great idea, Christine, although I'm far too much of a perfectionist, all-or-nothing type for it to work for me ;). I definitely don't do things weekly, though. The week-per-spread is the default, but I'm perfectly happy to make it two weeks or something different. I just did a spread which was two weeks except for the second weekend, then did a whole spread for that weekend as we were away for our anniversary. As long as it's dated, I don't mind.