Who's in the path of Hurriance Isaac?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Aug 26, 2012.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Who's in the path of Hurriance Isaac?

I know we have quite a few Gulf Coast girls here. Check in and let us know what they are forecasting for you. My family and I have vacationed at Orange Beach in Alabama for the last 15 years, so it's a place that is near and dear to my heart. I'm watching closely as the similarities to Katrina are getting scary. Oddly, I know it's the 7th anniversary of Katrina too as it's the same day as my niece's birthday. Really, really hoping it's not a repeat of that storm. Stay safe, ladies!!

2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

This is also the area we vacation at each year. I need to watch some footage on it because I just heard my daughter and husband talking about it.

3. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

I'm in the path for much needed rain but that's about it. Hopefully it's not as bad as Katrina, we even had storms and tons of straight line winds all the way here in Memphis from that.

4. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

this has been on my mind and in my prayers all day

(((hugs))) and stay safe!!!

5. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

The forecast has shifted so that all I'll get is rain where I am. My daughter is in Boca but that is on the east coast of Florida. Her classes are cancelled tomorrow but it shouldn't be too bad where she is. My dad was in New Orleans for the week but texted earlier and said they would be home tomorrow instead. They just didn't want to chance it.

6. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

We've been tracking the storm closely since its formation. Having lived on the Gulf Coast for nearly 10 years (on the MS coast and in NW FL) it's so very close to our hearts. We still have a home in NW FL. And early models had it making a bee line for that area.

Now, of course it's eerily echoing the path of Katrina. I still ache about the impacts of that storm and how is so thoroughly devastated the MS coast, LA coast and NO and surrounding parishes there. So I know all eyes are on Issac with some measure of fearfulness and anxiety. Models keep shifting west which has me so worried for everyone in MS and LA. The cone of uncertainty seems especially uncertain with Issac, so I pray everyone is getting prepared all along the coast.

If there is a silver lining in any of this, I think it's this: lessons were learned with Katrina. State and local governments will surely be more proactive and every individual is likely more tuned in. AND, mercifully, *so far* Issac doesn't seem forecasted to get beyond a Cat 2, which is at least a *little* hopeful (at least in terms of surge and wind).

Praying for everyone on the coast!! Wishing you safety and peace as Issac approaches :beat

7. Ams

Ams New Member

Praying for who ever is in the path and for safety and comfort!

8. Dana

Dana Dana

i've been thinking about this, too - (((hugs))) to all and lots of positive thoughts being sent your way!

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Stay safe, everyone!

10. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I'm only less than 2 hours from Trish so they are definitely forecasting some much needed rain for us later in the week.

***Sabrina....check in when ya can sweetie!***

11. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

If it stays on the current path it's supposed to hit us tomorrow night/early Wednesday I believe. Right now we are in the Hurricane/Storm Watch zone.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  12. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

Stay Safe guys!!!
    Prayers for those in it's path!!

13. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I'm a Wisconsin gal and praying for all my coastal friends... stay safe everyone! :-)

14. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

Schools were closed here (I'm in between Tampa and Orlando) and we've had tornado watches, but all we really got was some wind and rain. Stay safe everyone!!

15. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

praying for those of you who might be in harm's way... stay safe!

16. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Thankfully it pulled far enough west so we were hardly affected here in Tampa. Very little rain and some winds, but nothing major. I'm praying for New Orleans though. Such a scary thought for them to get hit hard again. I have a close friend up in Pensacola and they're talking about 19" of rain expected there - and the ground is already saturated. Definitely thinking of anyone in Isaac's path!

17. milo82

milo82 milo82

Stay safe everyone!! We've got family in Tampa, Florida (Bradenton to be exact) and just hope it won't be too bad!

18. Kristine

Kristine Start spreadin' the news ...

Hope you are all staying safe.

19. julia

julia julia

Stay safe everyone!

20. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office