Favorite Place to Shop for Kids Clothes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sarahme85, Aug 18, 2012.

1. sarahme85

sarahme85 Member

I am looking for a good place to shop for kids' clothes. Decently priced. I stumbled upon, P.S. by Aeropostale

We got Brooklynn's first week of school clothes taken care of for her to start next week. But I want to get some more as we weed out stuff in her wardrobe she can't wear anymore or is too old or stained.... also need to do the same for my other 2 (3&4 - sizes 4 each of em)...

Where do you shop online for your kids' clothes? What styles are "hot" for kids this year?

2. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I buy a lot at Old Navy. I'm not much of a help for hot styles though as my kids don't really care. They are homeschooled so they don't really get into it. My girls prefer dresses and skirts, and my boys wear jeans with a polo most days. But they can wear whatever when we are just around the house :)

3. sarahme85

sarahme85 Member

I had a real. :duh moment there. Old Navy... I used to shop there all the time! Sad I forgot to check them out!

4. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We used to shop at Children's Place a lot when DD was little. Sadly she's in adult sizes now. :/

5. julia

julia julia

We don't have a lot of the US childrens stores available here in Norway, but I did order a lot from Gymboree when B was younger. These days he wears a lot of H&M, Lindex & other scandinavian brands such as Småfolk & Ej Sikke Lej.

6. milo82

milo82 milo82

H&M rocks...do you have Zara, they have the cutest stuff for girls! I love the look of PS, but Lina is only 1,5 yrs old! Gymboree has some cute things, but I love simple...there's too much flowers or tiny things on the clothes. but I do love some awsome graphic tees, but more...Geesh, have no clue how to explain the style we go for with lina...haha

I'm sooo happy she moved on to size 86-92, which is 18mos I think....cause there is so much more for her now. Baby sizes go up to size 86...and the 'kids' sizes start @ 92...so yeah!

7. julia

julia julia

Not sure this reply was directed at me, but either way, I am so excited because Zara is opening here soon! :) I am excited to have them close by.

8. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

Our boys are extremely skinny so we can only shop with places that have adjustable waist pants!!!

Jeans/jean shorts ~ Kohl's, Penney's and The Children's Place
    Shirts/jeans ~ The Children's Place or Old Navy

The little one wears Carter's most of the time.

My oldest was an Oshkosh/Carter's baby, Gap Kids too. He now wants stuff at Holister, A&F....

My younger boys LOVE the softness of Abercrombie Kids so they have TWO shirts from there! LOL Can't afford that place if the stuff isn't on sale.

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I buy DD (who wears 3T clothes) stuff from Penney's, Kohl's, Target, Gymbo, Crazy 8 (Gymbo's less expensive cousin), and The Children's Place. The first three always have cheap mix 'n' match outfits for $5/$6 per piece that I snap up for hanging out at home. I only do Gymbo if it is for a special occasion like Christmas, family portraits, etc. or if it is a really good sale. Ebay usually has good older stuff from Gymbo that I get on occasion.

I adore Hanna Andersson, but it is way out of the budget so I drool from afar. There are matching mother-daughter boots that would set me back $180 that I'm currently lusting over. I just can't justify buying her $70 boots when she'd only be able to wear them for one season.

[​IMG]

10. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

NEXT is a great brand (online). I buy most of my kid clothes from gap, old navy, and target. I tend to splurge on one or two really sweet things for my daughter from etsy or Matilda Jane per season.

11. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

My kids destroy their clothes at daycare/preschool so I mostly buy at Old Navy and Target because they're inexpensive but last for as long as the kids need them to. I do buy 2-3 pairs of jeans for them at Gap each season because they just seem to fit them better than Old Navy jeans.

12. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

My boys are super easy and actually pick Wal-Mart or Target for their clothes. Destiny is 12 and in middle school now, so she's a bit more picky. We try to get her clothes from Justice and I watch the resale shops for her too.

13. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

I LOVE PS by Aeropostale I order clothes from there all the time for the kids, they also wear alot of regular Aeropostale shirts (pants don't fit yet)
    We buy all our pants from the GAP since they are pretty good quality and last the longest.

14. Jenn Barrette

Jenn Barrette Jenn Barrette

I live in a small town with nothing local besides Walmart for kids, so I do all our shopping online. I buy great used clothing from Gap and Gymbo on Ebay or through some Facebook sellers. I usually only buy Gap/Gymbo new when there is a really good coupon around. For play and some of their school clothes we love Old Navy as well.

I

15. lizzyfizzy

lizzyfizzy More posts ... need more posts!

H&M
    Target
    Macy's
    Nordy's
    Once Upon A Child (nationwide second hand shop)
    Plato's Closet (for the older kids ages 11+)

16. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I get the littles shoes at Nordstrom, the big 2 depend on what's cool in any given year...sigh
    Gap Kids
    Abercrombie & Fitch (for the older boys)
    Hollister (my oldest)
    Mini Boden for the younger 2 and some t shirts for my 8 year old
    NEXT (love them)
    The boys wear lots of Under Armour since they are so active, gym shorts, t shirts, etc
    I am thinking of splurging on some new Ugg's for Emma and I this year since we will actually NEED them this winter. I have a pair but they are from when I lived in NY (so they are 9 years old) and they are fine to wear around the house or walking the dog but they aren't really in go out condition anymore. Are Ugg's even cool anymore? I haven't owned anything other then flip flops and running shoes for the most part. I am also eyeing a gorgeous pair of brown Frye boots....fall is going to be the death of my (and my clothing budget) this year!

17. misserin

misserin New Member

I'll second (or third?) Old Navy. I looked elsewhere this year, but I liked the styles and prices there best. Really I tried to expand my horizons, I did! Old Navy is my fallback. I just love their kid styles. Right now (I think it ends soon though!) they have $10 kids jeans there! Get em get em! I finished shopping now and um....my kids have alllllllll new wardrobes lol.

18. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I shop at Crazy 8 a lot for Nicholas, and I'm dreading the day he outgrows the boy's department because I depend on their sales. (Unless he stops growing? I need to get him hooked on coffee...that still stunts growth, right? They haven't started fortifying that for kids yet, have they?)

Crazy8 is like Gymboree's "Old Navy". I usually hit them up in the Fall and buy a bunch of jeans for $10 a piece, and they always have a big selection of boys' graphic Ts and hoodies which make up about 95% of Nicholas' wardrobe. I have no idea what their girl selection is like.