Monday, Monday!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Aug 20, 2012.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Another fresh week is here! What's on your schedule?

After a sickness that kept her from the real first day, my baby is off to her own first day of kindergarten today. *sniff boo hooooo sob* She is completely ready and so relaxed. I am doing my best to not convey any of my basketcase feelings to her. LOL I pretty much can't even think about the rest of the week at this point. So, that's it. Baby goes to kindy. *sigh*

2. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Hugs to you Laura!!

This week we start homeschool on Thursday, so we are all very excited about that. Also on Thursday, we have a big dance shoe exchange to go to for the girls to see if we can snag some used shoes for Jennah - hers new are just way to pricey for me. So lets hope there are some in her size!! Besides that, just a normal week for me. :)

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

big hugs laura! i remember feeling like that a few years ago. this year, i think i just mentally celebrated when they all went back to school :giggle

as for our week, hubby is in texas this week, so the kids and i are on our own. we have the usual - football and gymnastics. plus a few parent / teacher meetings this week. i have errands to run, MUST go to the grocery, and i would love to get at least 2 more walls painted this week. we'll see....

4. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

(((hugs))) Laura I know it's hard....she's going to be a kindergarten superstar though :)

We still have 2 weeks left until school starts...after having the kids home all day every day for the last 4 I'm beginning to realize that traveling all summer long was actually a REALLY good idea...oy....they are driving me crazy! I have to take the big 2 out for sneakers and pants (we don't own any, the kids seriously have 1 pair. It was never cold enough to wear jeans in FL) and buying sneakers for kids thier age is as fun as a colonoscopy (certain brand, certain color, can't have the same pair that so and so did last year). I ordered our school supplies online so that's covered but all 4 of them still have to get back to school check ups and we haven't found a new pediatrician yet so that's #1 on the priority list this week. We have football pracitce everyday from 6-8 and I think Lacrosse starts on Thursday. We have company here for the next 2 days but it should be quiet after that!

I hope everyone has an awesome week!

5. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

We need a big, ol.....:grouphug

Yea....it's the first day of school here and finally a little relief at work since the teachers are just a little too busy to complain about what technology isn't working in the classroom. Bwahahahahahaha!!!! (Sorry my fellow scrappin' teachers, I couldn't help myself!)

We are having some major issues with the pool water so this afternoon we're supposed to vacuum it and see if it helps. Our water looks good until we get in it and then it suddenly turns green every time. I'm ready to pull my hair out at this point!

And DH is bringing the camper home today so it's time to get into cleaning mode and get it ready for our Labor Day mini-vaca.

6. lizzyfizzy

lizzyfizzy More posts ... need more posts!

hi everyone! i talk to most of you on fb, so i thought i would check in here at the pad.

today my two oldest started high school and middle school. my 4th grader starts tomorrow. insanity, i tell ya. i'm too young for this stuff. lol!

here are madds and luke before catching the bus at oh...6:50am!
    [​IMG]

7. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

DH is back to work today after 20 days of leave so we'll be working to get back into our dual working parent routine this week. And hoping the sickies that my oldest had last week and over the weekend have gone for good and will stay away! Nothing big planned really - our weeknights are mostly low-key. My oldest was suppose to start pre-K tomorrow but now they're not starting until mid-September.

And Laura, a BIG HUG to you! I'm sure she's going to do awesome and come home full of awesome stories to share.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  8. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

Tonight - Zach has a choir performance.
    So far no plans for tomorrow. (Can change if I get called in to work)
    Wednesday - Ryan has his appointment, then we have church.
    Thursday - no plans yet. (Can change if I get called in to work)
    Friday - Bella and I (well Mason too, lol) are supposed to be having lunch with my grandmother.
    Saturday - Birthday party for my cousin's son, then we have to go to another birthday party for one of Bella's friends.

9. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

YAY! So glad you are here :)

10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Hubs is taking the GMAT this afternoon. Praying that he'll get a stellar score so he can continue with his classes.

Oh, and I'm getting a new computer this week, PTL! :beat:beat:beat I'm so tired of sharing a cheap crappy one with Hubs, and now I will get to have one that can actually have Photoshop and Spotify open at the same time. :giggle

Just usual stuff after that... cleaning, cooking, working, scrapping. I started doing PL this month and got the first week done, so working on that, too.

11. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Happy new week everyone!! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

((hugs)) Laura and Lizzy on sending your babies off on first days!

It's another week of house and home and work and school. Hoping to finish a couple organization projects too. Woot!

12. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

We're starting homeschool next Monday (we were going to start after labor day but there was a push by DD to go with the local schools schedule so she can have a full summer break next year as well)...so this week will be all about trying to do the last minute push to organize everything (with a week and a day less than I originally thought I had ....eeeks!).

Other than that, not a lot going on. We have a planning meeting for our homeschool group tonight and I'm hoping to get some scrapping done this week. That's about it.

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Ditto! Love you, Lizzy! :beat

We have our nephew from Germany visiting, and he's heading off to a friends for a few days. Then lots of activities with the kids, only 2 more weeks of summer.

Plus dh is still getting me up and running on my computer, so no scrapping.

14. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

(((hugs))) Laura and Lizzy!!!

We had a crazy busy weekend, and the boys fell asleep on the couch and chair this morning, so our routine is totally thrown off... so I was able to catch up on Project Life...

Like Kelley, we're starting homeschool on Thursday so I'm getting things organized, but I might wait to start next week since our countertops will be installed and we'll have more work space for the kids... tho, I think they'll be fine for two days with less space lol

15. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

It's so much fun hearing from you all about school starting and remembering what that used to be like... My daughter started her senior year at college today and texted back and forth with me a little bit. She has a JOB at school starting tomorrow. She will be a Supplemental Instruction teacher for one of the big auditorium classes, Psychology. The university pays her to attend the class with the students, then do two sessions of group tutoring each week and 2 sessions of one-on-one tutoring. All of this in addition to the killer senior schedule she has.

Get this - she has her boyfriend attending the Thursday morning class (he attends a different college) so that he can take pictures of her doing her introductory speech so I can scrapbook it. Is she well-trained, or what??

My son still has one more week until he starts his first year at college but he still lives at home with me.

16. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Brilliant. :beat

17. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hugs Laura and Lizzy. :beat

With school back I am slowly trying to get organized and sort out and clean up the house after summer.

Have a good week everyone :)

18. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

eeeeeeep!
    Most people hate mondays. but NOT here!
    i LOVE mondays! LOL
    today was rough though, i admit.. lately i have felt utterly exhausted, like i can't ever get enough sleep.
    weekends drain me though, and i eat like crap. ugh.
    i usually clean on mondays, but today i went back to bed for 2 hours and then cleaned.
    i still feel like crap, but this route 44 ouncer of diet coke is perking things right up.

what i'm excited for:
    i signed our entire family up for the color run
    and it's THIS saturday!!!!!!
    we are soo stinkin excited!!!
    i'm totally tempted to hire a photographer to capture this, our last
    hurrah of summer!
    LOL
    watch an awesome video here.
    http://thecolorrun.com/about/