Pad Patter: 7/16: Current Favorite Shoes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

What shoes are you currently wearing the most right now? I know I always buy a ton of summer shoes, but I end up mostly wearing 1-2 pair.

Sadly, for me, right now, it's my Orthaheels to try to get rid of my plantar fasciitis. They aren't exceptionally cute. Just expensive and functional. But if it makes my foot better, I'll do it. lol

[​IMG]

Show me your current faves!

2. la

la A closet sap

i've got some of those target line chucks (dude they're cheaper) -- slip on ones. they may be the greatest shoes ever. everyone made fun of me for my silver frilly ballet slippers-- now i still get to wear slip on shoes but they look like chucks so i regain my street cred or something.

these in the dark grey colour

3. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Tell me about Orthaheels, Angie. Those two 60 mile breast cancer walks and all the training that went with them did a real number on my feet with strained tendons, bone spurs, plantar fasciitis so I have RULES from the podiatrist about shoes I'm allowed to wear. I MISS my flip flops. Have you found ones specifically for plantar fasciitis support??

4. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I have some adidas flip flops that I love and I've had for about 5 years. Sadly, they are now falling apart and I'm going to have to trash them after this summer. :( I am so sad.
    They kind of look like this, but they are all black with a pink stripe around the bottom and pink adidas on the top.

[​IMG]

5. Angie4b1g

These are the ones I have. They have lots of arch support (that's why for PF - you should never be barefoot or in any shoe that doesn't have arch support). So far they've helped, in conjunction with the night splint, which I hate. But I'm about 80-90% better since I started wearing it, and then putting these on first thing out of bed and not taking them off until I get back in bed.

They have other styles, too.

6. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

How is their sizing? I'm a 7 1/2 and always go up to an 8 for flips.

7. jenniferfox

jenniferfox New Member

I wear my Rainbows all the time. They're pitiful. They look like this, but old and straggly:

[​IMG]

If I'm trying to be cute, I wear my favorite Toms (go ahead, make fun):

[​IMG]

:heartslub

8. tuttle

tuttle New Member

Just my birkies . . . a friend was going to give them to Goodwill last summer. She had hardly worn them. They've been on my feet almost every day since - even throughout our mild winter!

9. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I've just been wearing my chucks. My son is now obsessed with them and thinks they are skate shoes. So, he's insisting I teach him to skateboard. Weirdo.

10. Angie4b1g

Definitely don't go up. I almost could have gone down 1/2.

11. Angie4b1g

I have those same glitter TOMS. But no enclosed shoes in summer. Ack. Hate my feet hot.

12. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

This probably won't surprise anyone but I've been wearing my Chucks all summer. :) My mom told me I looked weird the other day because she didn't think they looked good with a dress, but I beg to differ!

13. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

My purple Adidas flip flops, I wear them until my feet are covered in snow LOL!

14. DigiGirl

DigiGirl New Member

I'm addicted to the Reef flip flops. I usually buy 2 new pairs each spring and then I wear them until they are ruined in the fall. They aren't the girliest cutest flip flops, but they are the most comfy! This is the pair I'm wearing right now.

[​IMG]

The ones I wear the most often this summer are just the terry and foam ones in black. I love them!

15. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I have a new pair of Sanuk yoga mat flip flops that I love. They are made of real yoga mats and are squishy and soft.

16. Angie4b1g

I absolutely suddenly need a pair of flip flops made from yoga mats.

17. vixen

vixen Pink Parrot Head

I have 4 pairs of birkenstock sandals that I'll wear all summer,
    then I'll go back to my cloggies in the fall... have worn birkies since
    my first knee surgery in 1992

altho I do slip into my pink flamingo flipflops to run from the bedroom to the bathroom at night

18. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I can't copy the picture but I usually wear a pair of brown & gold sandals from American Eagle. At work I wear just plain ol' 4" black heels....or flip flips when my feet start screaming at me (so, uh, every afternoon).