Pad Patter 6/17 - Fathers

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by melrio, Jun 17, 2012.

1. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Today is a day for the Dads! Yep, they got a day too! LOL

I just spent 2 days with my dad & we really had some good conversation & a lot of laughs! We needed the time together and it was worth every moment. I even treated him to lunch on our trip back home. And now that I'm home I'm making DHs favorite dinner.....chili dogs! Yea, I'm going all out! (I already gave him his presents last month).

What did the special guy(s) in your life get for Fathers Day?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

My dad was here visiting last week. It was great to see him and spend time with him!!

My husband got a card. We don't really do Mother's Day/Father's Day gifts. Though we did just get new iPhones on Friday night... Oh, and I offered to make him his favorite meal for dinner...he opted for Subway instead (I can't complain about not needing to cook!).

3. DigiGirl

DigiGirl New Member

My own dad is really hard to buy for. He doesn't like to be "showered" with gifts. I went to his house last week and helped him plant a bunch of new trees, and remove a diseased cherry tree that was in his yard. I also am repainting their fruit/food storage room for him this week. He appreciates this kind of thing much more than gifts that you buy for him.

I made my hubby a New York cheesecake because that's his fav! I have cherries or caramel to put on top. We are taking it to my family to share tonight. The kids and I joined up with hubby's mom to buy him a new blue ray player too. We have been hanging out all day relaxing and lazing about. Since we hardly ever get to do that, it's the biggest treat ever for us!

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

My hubby got a bottle of his favorite scotch ($83... he doesn't get it often!) and a bag full of running goodies he's been wanting (hat/socks/compression shorts/water bottle).

We had a pretty lazy morning, Chipotle for lunch, and tonight he's grilling steaks, corn on the cob, potatoes and bacon wrapped jalapenos. Yum.

Not a bad day for either of us!

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

His 'Love Language' is Acts of Service. So is mine. Although I'm guessing everyone probably figured that out by now. :giggle

6. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm flying up to see my dad in a few weeks. Just flying up and spending time with him is all he would want.

My dh and I don't really celebrate mothers/fathers day. The boys were gone or at work today...we just went and did grocery shopping and went to see a movie today. Just a kick back day which is nice.

7. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

My Dad passed away a few years back of cancer, and I of course was thinking about and missed him dearly on Fathers Day.

My hubby got a pic on canvas, of himself on one of his companies' lawn mowers from our daughter. He has been with the same turf equipment company for 30+ years, so their equipment is his pride and joy. He loved it of course and will hang it in his man cave.

8. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

We took dh out for breakfast on Father's day, and went out to his dad's for a BBQ.
    My dad lives out of town so I couldn't see him :(

9. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

This is the first time in many, many years that I got to spend Father's Day with my Dad. My brothers and I got him a big, fancy new grill and we cooked out. The girls and I sent a care package to my DH back home and I scheduled him for a massage so he got some pampering. We will take him out for a special dinner when we get home.

10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

My dad committed suicide a few years ago, so it was a tough day of thinking about him.

DH and I hung out for most of the day yesterday. I made him some Pinterest french toast for breakfast and then made him steak and Copper River salmon for dinner with pasta and green salads and strawberry shortcake for dessert. My FIL came over for dinner as well. My MIL stayed behind because she was feeling ill. My FIL is in the early stages of Alzheimers, so he read his father's day card about ten times in a row, out loud, and then tucked it inside of his shirt for safe keeping. We were glad that he enjoyed it so much. We watched the finale of The Killing and just relaxed after taking FIL home. DH's beast children didn't even send him a card which totally frustrates me after how much he constantly does for them. Ugh.

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Nothing, really.

My daddy died when I was 16. I always miss him terribly on days like these.

I didn't see my dad yesterday. I will call him today.

DH spent all day with his son buying/trading for a lawnmower and then mowing the lawn with said lawnmower. I watched DD at the house. I guess that was his present: doing macho outdoors stuff with his son?! Hubs doesn't like holidays or celebrations, so it's no big deal to him.

12. Ams

Ams New Member

we are pretty easy going on days like this. My DH got himself a Father's Day present, A new fishing reel. I am glad he gets his own presents, because on presents like that I would have no idea what to buy. The kids and I made pancakes and eggs for breakfast in bed, and then a high class dinner of mac n cheese! :)

I just called and had a nice conversation with my dad. We used to live close to him but now have moved half way across the country, so I miss being able to see him when I want to.

For those of you without dads around, :( I a sorry for your losses. My own mother died years ago and I know days like this can be hard! HUGS!!!