Printers?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by ShannaNoel, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

What do you suggest for hybrid projects? Mine is OKAY ($50 Epson LOL) but would love something that prints a high quality. What do you all suggest?

2. scrappycath

scrappycath Active Member

I have a wide format printer. It is an Epson R1900. They are a few model numbers higher than it now on the market. It took me a while to save up for it. But I'm so glad that I got it. I can print my layouts at 12x12. It has fantastic photo printing and the most amazing color.

One thing to keep in mind for hybrid stuff is the paper. Which to me, is at least as important, or maybe more important than the printer. Using presentation papers will yield a better result when using an inkjet printer. I ABSOLUTELY love Red River papers. You can get them with textures too which is just awesome to give your project that extra umph!

Good luck in your search!

3. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

I have an HP Color LaserJet, and I LOVE it for my hybrid projects. I haven't printed many photos on it, but I don't typically print photos at home. I really love the quality for hybrid projects, though.

On my old printer (an inkjet), I completely agree with Cathy about paper. Using the right paper made a world of difference on my inkjet. I especially liked the Epson presentation paper.

4. interstitchal

interstitchal New Member

I have an HP Photosmart that is rather old. It does really well for most hybrid projects although it is true that the paper is important! I use either Epsom or office depot presentation paper. The only problem with ink jets is that they don't take mod podge very well but they are cheaper.

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have a plain old canon pixma mp280 which isn't wideformat but it works for me

6. Ursula Schneider

Ursula Schneider New Member

I have an Epson Workforce 500 which is certainly not new,but I am always really happy with the prints I get. The paper you use makes a huge difference and using the right settings. Make sure to use bright white paper for vibrant colors.