Facebook Related: You Ever Have One Of Those People...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LeeAndra, Mar 6, 2012.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

... who constantly argues and/or posts the opposite view on everything you say on Facebook!? Ugh. A friend of a friend doesn't usually post or comment on my wall, but when she does, it's always to point out that I'm wrong/she disagrees with me/I'm being shallow. Most of the time, it's not even on something big, but a funny (I hope) story I'm relaying or a minor vent on something inconsequential.

Ugh.

That's all. :whistle:giggle:carryon

2. Karah

Karah Karah

Yep, I totally have friends like that. I should put "friends" in quotations. LOL

3. la

la A closet sap

I had a family member on fb like that.. thankfully they deactivated fb so I don't have to deal with it anymore. I'm not one to argue in a public forum.. esp not one to argue with family -- it made for many difficult moments :p

4. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

yeah, I've blocked a few "friends" like that, or removed them. like, really "person from high school who I haven't seen in 15 years and hardly know", you don't actually know everything about everything :)

5. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Yeah, my best friend's husband is like that. It always frustrates me. I disagree with him on most major issues, but don't feel the need to always be rude and point out his idiotic thinking to the world. :giggle Now, I always think twice before posting something because of him, which really makes me mad. But other than that, he is a great guy, so I just try to ignore it and hope he'll get more friends and not see everything I post. :p

6. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

You can make lists of people who see certain things you post. So like for example, put him in a list of "annoying people" or something like that :giggle and when you post something you can choose who (what list) sees what you're posting. :agree

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I tried to make lists the other day, and I couldn't get a new list name nor add people to more than one list. I'm lame, I guess, and need an FB tutor.

8. renee82

renee82 renee82

Ugh... YES!!!! Sooo annoying!

9. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

I defriended someone like this not too long ago. Let out a big sigh of relief and never looked back! Although I do have to say that they're quite a bit more annoying in person *coughcough*mybrother*coughcough* :)

10. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Ugh! I am all for blocking or unfriending annoying people! You can block this person from posting on your wall so she can keep her opinions to herself. Facebook keeps changing how you can make lists but I found this...

You can also edit your lists or create custom lists right from your home page:
    Click the Home link (along the top-right of every Facebook page)
    Find the list you want to edit in the left column, or click the More link next to Lists
    Select the list you want to edit or click Create a List
    Search for your friends in the search bar at the top of the page, or add people from the List Suggestions on the right

11. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Yeah that is really annoying. I have a list, so only certain people see only certain things too.

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

P.S. She just posted an e.e. cummings quote and capitalized it as well as his name... and the fact that he never capitalized his name is, like, kinda his whole thing (he has a very loose relationship with capitalization and punctuation). It's taking everything in me to not post something snarky on her wall... but I won't. I'm a good person. I'm a good person. I'm a good person.

Off to try to make lists again! :giggle

13. Laura

Laura Member

yup! these are the people i unsubscribe to and have in my 'fb friends only' list. :)

14. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Yep! And I've now setup groups on FB so that if I'm posting about Scrapbooking stuff it goes to ScrapFriends, if its Family things, then Family gets to read, and so on and so on. I just didn't want to have to deal with some people so I put them into a group all to themselves.

15. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh yes, I have friends like that too... I just completely ignore their comments or delete them(cuz you do have that power. LOL!)

16. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

So you shouldn't feel too bad! She disagrees with famous poets, too! :)

17. lizzyfizzy

lizzyfizzy More posts ... need more posts!

i have no idea what you're talking about. i never have that happen on fb, LeeAndra.

:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle

seriously though...yes! i totally know what type of person you are talking about. it's not pleasant.

18. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

OMG tell me about it--although in my case, it wasn't someone arguing with my posts. SHE was constantly posting up horrible animal mistreatment stories, people mistreatment stories ad infinitum. She was even depressing herSELF about it. I had to block her. I didn't defriend her, just blocked her.

And yeah, you can be pickier about who sees what you post, and what you see from their posts. However, one thing I haven't been able to figure out is, how do you stop seeing communications between your friends and THEIR friends on your board? Drives me nuts, and I hate it. It's FB clutter, and I honestly don't care to see what my younger relatives are planning with their friends, or what fun they've had with other relatives, you know? Does anyone know how to block that friend-of-a-friend stuff from their wall?

19. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I just saw this and thought it was appropriate. :giggle

[​IMG]

20. lizzyfizzy

lizzyfizzy More posts ... need more posts!

oh my gosh! i love this!!!