Pad Patter 2/8: siblings

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by crystalbella77, Feb 8, 2012.

1. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I have a younger brother who is almost exactly two years younger. We were close growing up. Being the youngest and the boy of the family, he was pretty spoiled and I loved to spoil him too. We went to the same college and moved to the same area afterward. We are still close, but lead completely different lives. I've been married for 11 years and live in the suburbs with two kids and he still lives in the city and loves the urban lifestyle. He still lives his life like he is in college. He's hasn't been without a girlfriend in the last 10 years, but he hasn't settled down yet enough to marry any of them. We love his current girlfriend who he's been with for years and we hope he decides she is the one sometime soon before she loses patience. LOL

He is so great with my kiddos and they both adore him.

2. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

My sister is four years younger, lives about 10 minutes away and she's my best friend! I don't know what I'd do without her. We had to share a room growing up and four years difference is enough to make that painful. We fought all the time. She liked to spy on me and my friends and rat us out! I had to watch her all the time and take her everywhere with us. Not cool! LOL!
    But now we like doing things together, whether it's going to the movies or getting haircuts or going on road trips. We see each other just about every weekend and call or text a lot. And we both have dogs for kids!

We also have a brother who's a year younger than me. We're pretty close too, even though he's more reserved than we are. He's the one with the three super cute kids who you may have seen in my gallery! I still think it's weird that my brother has a house and family. He was always the slacker of the family! LOL! He always helps me out if I need something fixed or someone beat up (Seriously, he offered to rough up my ex-boyfriend!) and I help him with computer stuff.

I think I'm pretty lucky that we all get along so well and live close enough to spend time together. I just had a conversation with my oldest niece about having siblings and she said she was happy to have a brother and sister, too. I told her one of my favorite things about having siblings is I get to be an aunt. :)

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have one sister (technically, my half-sister) who is 5 years younger than me. We are not closer, but closer in recent years than we have been in the past.

I've always wondered if I had any other half siblings by way of my biological father, but I don't know how I would ever find out now that he and his mother have passed away. It would really be a miracle if one were to find me.

4. jdesai

jdesai Wonders what's in a name?

I have 4 older sisters. We are all pretty close but i'm closest to my eldest sister. I talk to her more frequently than my other sisters. Don't have a brother.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012