You know you're getting old when...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

You know you're getting old when...

...you get a reminder that your 25 year HS reunion is next year. :dizzy

Anyone else have any 'OMG I'm old' moments lately?

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

well, sort of. hubby has all of a sudden hit a mid-life crisis of sorts, thinking that he needs to look like The Rock for his class reunion this year. *lol* trust me, he's got a long way to go :rofl

i think this year is supposed to be his 15 yr reunion, although it will actually be the 16th year since he graduated :shrug maybe they don't do math at the school he graduated from???

3. Angie4b1g

4. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Haha! I won't say what class reunion I have coming up next year, don't want to make you feel any older. :rofl

5. Angie4b1g

:rollingpin

I'm reminded daily as my 2nd child is a sophomore in HS and graduates in 2014. Yikes. And I have 3 more behind him.

6. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Must we go there?!?!?! OMG, my 30th HS Reunion is next year and I'm so ready for it too! Believe it or not, it has gotten better over the years and as the years pass, most of the childish behavior has waned as well. And to see the cheerleaders and footballs players who were 'HAWT' in high school sure don't look the same now! Bwahahahaha!

And my youngest turned 26 last month so yeah, there are days I feel my age but then there's others that I feel pretty good with where I've landed in life. It's telling people I have 8 grandbabies that sucks! But I'm glad I had my kids early and they have their kids now because I actually get on the floor and wrestle with the grandsons and they LOVE it! At least I'm not too old to enjoy these moments.

7. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

**not to make you feel old lol**
    That's the same thing my mom always says. She says that's the upswing of having kids at 18, and the only upswing to your daughter having kids at 17. lol

8. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

My mom says te same thing Melanie! She had me when she was 22 and I had my oldest when I was 23. She's not even 50 (yet) and loves telling people that she has 2 granddaughters because they make her feel young. Haha!

9. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

my 25th is this year. :P i hear ya!

10. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

HA!!! I got you beat... I'm celebrating 20 years this year and my first just started Kindergarten... so by the time she graduates I'll be celebrating 38 years :p and yes, I feel old especially when we think about the fact that I'll be 40 when and if we try to get pregnant again LOL

11. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

i'm realizing just how old my body is feeling this year after picking up skiing again. i skied in college, but after getting married and having children, it was shelved. now. . . we are having our kids learn and picking it back up~ let's just say my body feels EVERYTHING now! and i'm a total "old person" skier~ i only like the groomed runs~

12. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

the mirror is making me feel old. i am starting to see prominent laugh lines and wrinkles in my forehead. My 7 YO said "mommy you aren't old, everyone has lines in their forehead" LOVE HER!

13. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I have "OMG I'm old" moments every single day.

but then I see people my age that LOOK that old, and I feel young again! I really don't "feel" this old unless I forget to take my celebrex and I can't move...

14. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

A little girl I used to babsit as a teenager just had her first baby. Now, THAT makes me feel old. *sigh*

15. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

Well, let's just say I have one of those milestone birthdays this year that begins with a "4". Where has the time gone? Seriously.

16. Angie4b1g

I think people my age look far older than me. Maybe I'm in denial. :rofl

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Angie, Denial is my friend.
    :giggle

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my goodness! This is totally cracking me up. The darn grey hairs are about the only things that make me look older, but I've had this darn streak of gray since I was 18, so I just hide it under a lovely bit of hair color and I'm back to pretending I'm still young. :)

19. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Oh Crap! That's me!

I work around quite a few ladies and I'm shocked when they tell me how OLD they are and they're younger than me. Most people think I've still got kids in Jr. High. HA! I do think that keeping active...even just a little...helps to keep me feeling younger than what I really am. And yes....I am in Denial and its my Friend!

20. renee82

renee82 renee82

Well I just celebrated my 30th birthday yesterday... 'nuff said....

My mom had me when she was young too and loves the fact that she under 50 and has 2 grandchildren. But I have a downside to having a mom that's only 18 years older, she likes to think we're in a freakin' competition. Seriously, mom, when you were 30 you weren't in great shape and all that... but she expects me to be freakin' super mom, work, raise a family and run a freakin' marathon... anyhow, that's a whole other can of worms. lol! I've been having mommy issues as of late, can ya tell?