in a funk

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Dec 28, 2011.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

guys, i'm in a funk, and i really don't know what the deal is. *sigh* maybe it's just this time of year? i just feel super unsettled and a bit lost. like i'm not sure what i should be doing with myself. i'm not even sure what i should do with any given day - like laundry or grocery or whatever? i'm so indecisive lately and - grrr! - it's driving me nuts!

happy thoughts please!!

2. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

I think part of it is the end of year and stress of the holidays. All I want to do is curl up in bed and read...lol...No motivation... Maybe our motivation and mojo will come back after the new year? lol

3. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I get like that from time to time and it's so frustrating. I hope it passes soon!

4. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

I think its because of the Holiday rush. Im like that right now too. Trying to scrap but just cant seem to get it going either. Hopefully when my regular routine gets back in order everything else will fall into its place ;)

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

yeah... I know how that feels. No good! Sometimes it helps to make a list with realistic goals of a couple things you have to do on a given day, but also include one fun thing per day that is something you want to do, even if it's sitting down and watching a really bad show on TV just for an escape from reality. This time of year we all have so many extra things to do on top of our regular stuff... maybe you're just having trouble adjusting to not having too much to do. :)

I hope it doesn't last long for you!

6. Leah

Leah Member

I definitely think that it's that time of the year. I'm anticipating feeling like that next week.

Jamaica is over. Company is gone. Christmas is done. New Years isn't really a huge deal, but it'll be done soon too. My parents leave for their winter "life" on Sunday and won't be back until April. DH will have to go back to work at some point this week (whenever he feels like it)...

And the kids and I are home until the 9th of January.

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Rebecca, be easy on yourself. Give yourself some TLC and time. Usually this feeling as women means we've been too busy giving to everyone else and haven't taken time for ourselves. {{hugs}} It will get better soon.

8. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I completely understand where you're coming from. I couldn't take it anymore so DH & I left town for a couple of days on Christmas and got back today. Was hoping I could have tomorrow to do what I wanted and within 30 minutes of getting home, my MIL called and needs us to help her tomorrow. Great! Really?!?!?! I am really to the point where I am sick & tired of doing for everyone else. I feel like such a 'turd' too for feeling this way. I feel like I'm wrong for feeling this way. I hope after this weekend and life gets back to normal that I'll get out of my 'funk'!

9. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Hugs to you. This *is* a tough time of year. The weather is generally icky... there are lots of expectations surrounding holidays... there are ten million things to get done. There is a new year ahead and we're supposed to feel like making goals or plans.

Just don't be hard on yourself. Watch a funny movie, listen to some upbeat music and dance in your kitchen. Read a good book or give an old friend a call. Have a cup of hot cocoa. Take a luxurious bath. Write about your feelings on a scrap of paper or a journal and then try to let them go. Or try something different that you don't normally do. Remember that this feeling is temporary, and don't put unrealistic expectations on yourself. Be gentle to your soul. Mentally hug yourself. It is all okay. And if it doesn't feel better, you always have this little TLP family to talk to and help get you through it.

10. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

I'm sorry to hear you're in a funk Rebecca. I agree with the others - it's a tough time of year. I always feel kind of bummed between Thanksgiving and New Years for some reason - the weather, the expectations, looking back on the year I had ... Do something you love for awhile and give yourself a break. :)

11. Karah

Karah Karah

What Laura said!!!!! *hugs*

12. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I hear yah... It's definately that time of the year. I say go on a lil' adventure of some sort... a trip to a museum or site seeing to some spot you haven't visited. You don't have to venture far, just some place you haven't. It may just do the trick. That sort of thing always seems to clear the mind and get one back on track. (Oh, and don't forget the camera!) :-) (*Hugs*)

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I get that way too sometimes Rebecca, and it's so frustrating to not be able to just "get out of it" like you think you should! I think it's okay to be in a funk sometimes - give yourself permission to just ride this out and if you don't get anything done for a few days, that's okay. Give yourself some me time and see if that helps!

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

thanks girls. :wub

there's been a BUNCH of dumb junk going on around DH's job. he is working non-stop, and he's always on egg shells hoping not to get fired for some random thing.

because he's feeling so vulnerable, he wants me to get a job to help out with bearing the financial load. which i don't mind doing. but i don't want the kids to suffer for it and go from feeling like they have a stable & predictable life to being shuffled around to daycare, etc. while i work. so my available hours are basically school hours. which is pretty limiting with employment. *sigh*

and yes, i do feel drained from Christmas, even though we didn't do much. i still feel drained.
    i just wish i had clear-cut answers for things i have no answers for. but i don't. so i guess i have to be patient and wait and have faith.

thanks for listening. :grouphug

15. Leah

Leah Member

Rebecca can you get on with your school division, as an EA or something? Then at least you know you're working the same hours as the kids are in school and you have the same days off as well.

I can relate to needing to know what's coming next. I don't do well when everything is so up in the air. But one thing that I realized, when I was waiting to find out about my job too, was that faith never lets you down.

I don't know if you're interested or not, but THIS SONG and the lyrics really helped me through the unknown this past fall. Just a good reminder for all of us.

16. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

Hugs!! I'm in a 'funk' too but it all health related... just when I think one problem can be solved with surgery, the dr drops another bomb on me. Maybe we could 'hanker' down together and just sleep through it all??

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh no Rebecca. That's awful. Life is so stressful when it is unsettled. I hope things improve soon. And I hope you are healthy again soon Patti. Hugs!

18. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i get like that too, usually around September. I usually write in a journal or take time to do things I like like read or watch chick flicks. Feed the soul, kwim?