Pad Patter 12/27: What are you (& the kids) playing with today?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 27, 2011.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Now that the dust of Christmas is settling, I can already tell which gifts were "hits" with my kids. I'm finally getting a chance to play with my new toys too.

My 13 yo really loves the Kindle Touch she got. My 5 yo has surprised me because I thought her new American Girl dolls would be her fav, but instead, she is in love with the La La Loopsy that Santa brought her.

As for me, I carried my Epiphanie Lola for the first time last night and I LOVE IT!!

What are the favs at your house today?

2. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I am just happy that I got some cash and I'm going to get an e-reader! My older niece got an iPod Touch - which was a big hit - and her little sister didn't want to play with any of her own toys - just that. There was a lot of fighting over whose turn it was to play Angry Birds LOL!

3. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

My youngest loves the 3 baby dolls she got - even the "fake" american girl doll (as she tells everyone). My oldest likes the HP touch pad (which was a surprise). I am busy getting my project life kit in order.

I would to see your Epiphanie bag Laura.

4. groenhop

groenhop Takes advice from 3 year olds.

We have been having a blast with our Wii games (Mario vs. Sonic London Olympic, Epic Mickey, Just Dance 3, and Zumba 2). The kids are also loving their individual toys too.

Tylee is beyond excited about her charm bracelet even though it only has 1 charm so far. My parents started it, they will get her a new charm every birthday/Christmas.

Jaxon is loving his MobiGo. I haven't seen him without it since he opened it.

Harper is all about La La Loopsy and Happy Napper.

Carter is fixture at his tool bench.

5. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

I am loving my kindle fire. Kenzie loves her Monster High Wii game and Monster High dolls/accessories.

6. GrahamLiketheCracker

GrahamLiketheCracker Little Egg

Alton's in love with all of his Transformers... and this tiny little super hero race car track my hubby picked up for him on a whim at Walgreens. Alton ADORES it. :)

I got a Canon 2Ti and I am deeply in love. :)

7. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

My 3 yo is in love with her kitchen set. :yesss

My 1 yo doesn't even know what happened.:giggle

I'm LOVING my iPad!! :beat

And the hubs is enjoying his Kindle Fire.

A good time was had by all.

8. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I'm reading a book on Connor's Kindle Fire :) and my coffee pot died this afternoon so I am off to buy a Keurig in the morning :yesss
    I just need to research them to figure out which one to buy!

9. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Our kids (and dh) have been building Lego non-stop. This was a big Lego Christmas. For the things I want the kids to share, they went either to dh or to me, so I get to build the Community Workers set, which I'm sure is going to be a big hit.

10. simply-j-studio

simply-j-studio Member

My boys have been spending a lot of time on Legos and new DS games. My 5yo daughter loves the Karaoke microphone we gave her (it's a little plastic one, but you can hook an ipod/mp3 to it). She's been singing nonstop for us! She did get a Lalaloopsy for her birthday in March, and that is still a favorite of hers. My 1yo loves his new Fisher Price Wheelies ramp.

My husband and I decided not to exchange gifts this year as we are building a new home and have a lot of expenses with that, so we will celebrate our new home in the spring. :)

11. Karah

Karah Karah

No real surprises here - the kids all really loved pretty much everything. My daughter got her first video game (that is all hers) so now it's been having to balance things out video game time between her and the boys. LOL.

12. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Surprisingly enough, I think the pillow pets both kids got are their favorite gifts this year. Camden is also having lots of fun with his new magic set and Rory is really liking her Inkoo owl.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

DH and weren't going to exchange gifts again this year because we are both so bad about just buying what we want for ourselves... Whoops! But, my hubby snuck out and bought me a massage anyway and I can't wait for that! Good thing I snuck out and picked him out a couple small things too! :)

My 7yo has been building Legos pretty much on and off all day since Christmas. My 5 YO loves his new DS and Wii games and I've spent my time reminding him that he cannot play all day. :)

14. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

My 12 year old is loving her new IPod docking station and her guitar. And me... I'm loving my new Kindle Fire, I think... LOL! I haven't had much of a chance to play with it, cuz I'm back at the office playing Paralegal again. Just waiting for the extended weekend to roll around so I can play. :-)

15. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

My boys have been invisible - they have been locked down in their rooms playing their new Wii and Xbox games.

Hubby and I just bought a house, so we didn't exchange gifts. Our hot water tank went on Christmas Day, so we put $600 out for a new one - lovin' my hot baths again:)

16. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I got my Nook tablet last night and I didn't want to come to work today so I could stay home and read! LOL! :)

17. skyezak

skyezak Member

Another one with Legos all over the place here too! Two boys - aged 6 and 8. One got a Cars Lego garage and the other got one of the Egyptian sets. They now have the rest of their huge Lego collection out and are building all sorts of add-ons to them. We've also got a 1000 piece Disney puzzle on the go on the kitchen table. They both got a new bike as well as a Razor Scooter, so they've been out on them every chance they get (with my 6 year old wearing plenty of cuts and scratches to prove it)! And the best present of all was a new addition to our fur-baby family! We picked Murphy (a Staffie X) up on Boxing Day so that our other fur-baby Molly had a buddy to play with.
    [​IMG][​IMG]