pad patter: 11/14: city or country

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amandajane, Nov 14, 2011.

1. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

Where do/would you most like to live?

I live in Sydney, the biggest city in Australia and I love it!! We live only 10 minutes drive to the city centre and as a family we go into the city at least 3 times a month. There is so much to see and do.

I was raised in the country and I believe my children will be more well rounded because they have lived in both.

2. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

I live in a city (small one) I was raised in the country and want to someday own my dream house in the country, love the privacy and the amount of land you own!

3. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

ohhh city for sure... i like peace but not so much... hahahhahaha

4. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

City...I have lived in the country too but am really more of a city girl.

5. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

I like the country better. But I do like to go to the Big City every once in awhile.

6. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I am going to be difficult and want both :)

Well, not too far out in the country, I guess I am more of a smaller community type of girl who wants the convenience of the big city close by.

I love NYC, but I think it would be hard to live with kids there. But, I don't want to be very far away from gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores.

7. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I live in a city and I'm about a 10 minute bus ride away from New York City. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! :)

8. ellasspace

ellasspace But I still wear the red nose for fun

We live in the country in the woods on 6 achers but are less then 10 minutes from the mall and less than 20 minutes from Purdue Unicersity. We also have a weekend lakefront home less than an hour away ... All perfect IMO ... Easy access to shoping but peace quiet and total privacy :)

9. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

I was raised in the country ... but now live in a 'city' of about 13,000. It is big enough for me.. I am about 45 minutes from the West Edmonton Mall. For those that don't know about the mall....... check this out:
    http://www.wem.ca/#/play

So I think I have the best of both worlds..:)

10. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

My family is from Bergen County Robin :) I so miss it there...

That being said...I am a city girl.

11. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

grew up in a small town, lived on in the country with acreage. now live in a city of about 200,000 with most of the perks of a larger metro area without all the dang traffic. pretty perf.

12. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I actually made a LO about this recently... I'm definitely a city girl! I used to live in Philadelphia and loved it. The city we're in now isn't that big, but it's decent.

13. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I prefer the country - but it has to be close to a city. I like the quiet of a city, but I need shopping, restaurants and things to do nearby.

14. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'd be most happy living in the city. I've never lived in the country.

15. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

I'd like to live in the country. Crowds and congestion are not my thing.

16. Ams

Ams New Member

My family just moved this summer. Right now we are renting a house that is perfect (other than it is a little small for our 6 people family). It is right, I mean right outside the city limits, across the street is in the city limits. But we live on an acre and an half. our neighbors have horses. We love it. We hope to buy something like this when we buy. Maybe just a little farther outside just a little more country. We have lived in cities, but I think I prefer the country. as long as we are close to the city. :) I just am not sure how my kids will be without neighbors nearby to play with.

17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm definitely city. I hate being more than 20 minutes from the grocery store, Target, and cultural things like museums and concert venues. Right now, we live on the north side of Indianapolis, which is a good size, but I'd like to 'upgrade' to Atlanta in a couple years. Since the company DH works for is HQed there, it's not out of the range of the possibility. Of course just to be ornery, DH wants to live in the middle of nowhere on 10 acres of land. :P

I think we will compromise by living in one of the donut counties of either Indy or ATL so that he can have his land (ish) and I can have my shopping, culture, and high speed Internet.

18. joshi_82

joshi_82 New Member

We´re living in a small city and I couldn´t imagine to live in a huge city. I cant stand big crowds and to much traffic.

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We live in a small city of 8,000 and I think that's pretty perfect for us right now. We do have a small backyard though and I wish we had about an acre so my boys could run around and play outside more. I grew up in the country that was about 8 miles from where we are now and that was pretty cool except that I didn't have any neighborhood kids to play with. I wished for that a lot! But, even where we are now, there aren't any kids in our neighborhood.

20. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i would love to live in the rural outskirts of a city. i would love acreage and a big,old house with lots of character.i would love room to grow my own veggies. but i don't want to have to drive an hour to get somewhere. i NEED people. and civilization. and Target.