Who felt the earthquakes?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Aug 23, 2011.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

So, crazy couple of days in the US! We had quakes in Colorado and on the East Coast. My family is in Maryland, Massachusetts and Ohio. They all felt today's quake! Locals, how about you?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

We just moved to Florida from Richmond, and that's where my family is. Everyone's ok there. The center of the earthquake was 40 miles from Richmond. This is like the second quake they've had in 10 years. WIERD!!! First one I was outside and felt it.

3. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

I'm south of Denver but didn't feel anything......coming from Cali, i've had my fair share of em....

4. Arumrose

Arumrose Filling up my passport!

just saw this on TV and thought about you my friends...

5. liahra

liahra Active Member

THIS! I've been thinking a lot about you guys :beat
    Scary stuff! I hope everyone is OK!

6. Jassie

Jassie New Member

I totally felt it! I was freaked out I just thought that the construction guys that are doing repairs on the building I work in did something wrong. I've never in all my life witnessed NY affected by an earthquake! I was on the 8th floor and the building started to sway. I got outta there quick lol!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's just freaky! I'm glad it wasn't any worse!

8. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

9. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I'm a Wisconsin gal, so I didn't feel anything. But, I was so worried for all you East coasters!... I hope all is okay! :-)

10. jenny

jenny jenny

My mom (who is 40 mins east of Toronto) called and said she felt tremors but didn't know what it was at the time, and not giving it much thought had assumed it was a low flying plane or something. I live right on the border of Michigan and Detroit news reported people feeling it there as well. Not damaging at all in these areas, but pretty amazing how far reaching it was. I didn't feel anything... never do when these things happen!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  11. Jasmin

Jasmin ready for spring!

Scary! I hope everyone is safe!!

12. JenJ

JenJ Drunken Elf owner

Feeling kind of grateful that I wasn't home. Apparently the epicenter was 30 minutes from my house.... but I'm out in California on vacay right now. Ironic, huh? Everyone that I've talked to back home though say it really wasn't anything and that there was no damage (other than some stuff falling off the shelves at groceries stores).

Of course, there are always plenty of drama queens around the Richmond, VA area that would have you think the sky was falling. All seems to be ok though. :)