What's Up!? Weekly Check-in here!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Mar 28, 2011.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

What's Up!? Weekly Check-in here!!

I've been so busy this morning, I almost forgot to say hi! :bwave

What do you have on your calendar for the week?

My DH is a globetrotter this week. He goes to NYC for a few days, comes home long enough for me to wash his underwear and then heads off to London. Thankfully, my parents are coming to visit and help out with the kids. We're really looking forward to a Grammy & Pop-pop visit. Tomorrow is a preschool day for my little one, so I am hoping to get some Spring decorating done and brighten the house up a bit. On a totally fun note, it's the Top Chef finale this week and I can't wait!!

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Checking in... we are moved in technically, although we still can't find all of our things... we are slowly but surely unburrying ourselves from boxes. First thing I did was get the kitchen in order - I NEED my kitchen to function!

Today we registered the kids for school. They start tomorrow. So that means I have to get their rooms put together and semi-organized so they can feel normal and collected tomorrow morning while they're getting ready.

Other than that, this week for us will just be more getting unpacked and situated... we get internet on Wednesday!!

3. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

time to make the donuts (do you guys remember that commercial??). I feel like I am in a rut with work and our daily schedules. The weekends seem to fly by and then it time to start all over again.......

4. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

It's the end of Monday already...at least the day flew by! Tomorrow morning my daughter is special helper at preschool which means I go with her to help in the classroom - I love doing that, and the kiddos love having mom or dad with them! We are also having our basement drywalled this week, so I am sure I will be cleaning cleaning cleaning up drywall dust and mud. YUCK! :( Other than that it's a pretty quiet week! Friday starts our spring break week here, so my oldest is looking forward to that!

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Hey Rebecca! I'm glad you're getting unpacked and settled in. We'll be glad to have you back on Wednesday. :)

Rachel, I definitely remember that commercial! I still say that when the kids get me up too early. LOL Sounds like you need a rut breaker - hopefully you can find a fun one!

Manda - preschool helper is SO fun! Can't wait to see the pics. The drywall...I have SO been there. It is a super messy yuck, but it will be worth it in the end!!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Nothing much new going on here either. Tomorrow night is my hubby's bowling night, so we usually go over to my parents house. My two boys run upstairs to see Grandpa's room where he has a computer set up for each of them. They sit up there and play video together. My Dad loves it and so do my boys. :) My Mom and I get to just hang out and chat. Wednesday is church and choir practice and then I don't think we have anything after that. Hubby leaves for the weekend for a State bowling competition, so it'll just be the boys and I. I'll have to think of something fun to do outside because it's supposed to be in the 50s and sunny on Saturday! Woo-hoo!! :)

7. renee82

renee82 renee82

Let's see... well I'm in week three of training for a 10km race in June... so far so good! I only work to scheduled days this week so get some home time with my little one. On Friday we get to drive 6 hours to stay with some family for the weekend so that my kiddoes can see the Imagination Movers in concert! They're sooooo excited and I cannot wait to see their happy faces when they come on stage! I hope everyone has a great week!

8. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Not too much here..Brian is out of town and it's going to rain every day (although I did get some cute pictures yesterday out in it) until Saturday here. We need it though, things have been so dry and gross and the New Yorker in me loves a good rainy day!

Renee your boys are going to be so excited! My little ones love that show! Have a great time :)

9. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

On Tuesday, my DH will be out of town for two days. Then on Friday, my DS has a track meet and my DD has to work at the middle school carnival. Then on Saturday, we're leaving at 5:00 am to go to my FILs surprise 80th birthday party. Then Saturday night, we're going to the wedding reception of my dear friends son. Then early Sunday morning, we're coming home and I'll probably collapse from the exhaustion of running around.

10. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Not too much here! Rebecca, I am so glad you are getting settled! I am gonna return your PM as soon as I can!

I have just been busy with the dog. She's like having another baby around LOL! We love her though. She goes in tomorrow to get her stitches out which i know she will be so relieved about! She hates those things! We also have to run up to Brownsburg to pick up our new glasses. I am so excited about mine. I got regular glasses and new sunglasses and they are so purty! I will try to get a pic tomorrow to show you guys! we *might* have company tomorrow evening, but that's not set in stone. :) then G goes back to work Thursday-Sunday if not more so it will just be me and the kiddos and doggie like usual! LOL

11. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

i love seeing what and how every one is doing!!!
    i started a dumb big project.
    that i will be SO GLAD when it's over.
    we are painting our ENTIRE house. ugh.
    even the ceilings.
    shoot. me. now.
    we started 3 weeks ago. and i just barely
    today finished the kitchen and family room.
    i'm doing most of it myself as my husband HATES
    to paint. which means i only have a couple hours here and there available
    for painting.....
    any suggestions on HOW to paint vaulted ceilings and walls?

12. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Crystal - I totally hear you on the puppy being like having a baby - they are a ton of work, but the puppy stage does go by quick (just doesn't seem like it when you are in it!)

Jacque - are you NUTS?! Our house totally needs a new painting - like the whole thing - and it's only 2 years old, but I do NOT paint! I give you a high five for tackling this on your own! No tips for ya though - other than hire it out! :dizzy

13. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Wow that is a big project Jacque!! Yikes!

New puppies are hard Crystal but at least Shilo is sooooo cute.

We got a bid on re-doing our kitchen today. After my DH saw the price tag, he is thinking of doing it himself. NOOOOOOO. Maybe I can talk him out of it. It will be so nice when it is done. It is soooo necessary.

Fun to catch up with you all!!

14. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

my son just had surgery so im dealing with crankiness and a slight fever today lol other than that i need to do laundry LOL

15. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

painting!!! aaack! jacque i feel your pain! we had to repaint our ENTIRE house in ohio! NOT. FUN. We were thinking of holding off here for a bit before painting, but my goodness did the walls get banged up and dirty during the move. so now it's looking like we might be painting sooner than planned... the whole house, since it's all builder-white right now. only problem is, it has a BIG OPEN stairway that I'm not so sure about painting. I did paint the cathedral ceiling / walls in ohio myself, but somehow these walls look even taller. not sure i'm up for that!

claire, a redo on the kitchen sounds like no kind of fun, but i bet it will be fabulous when it's done!

carly, i hope your son recovers quickly!

as for me, today i am unloading boxes... no big surprise there. we are ALMOST done though... and then i can go back through and reorganize the crazy closets that seem to be catching all random things that come out of the boxes. moving.... not my favorite.