Katniss Everdeen.....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by crystalbella77, Mar 21, 2011.

1. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

So....how are you guys feeling about Jennifer Lawrence being casted for the coveted Katniss role?? I was kind of rooting for Hailee Steinfeld cause I decided I like her. lol I read this little letter by Suzanne Collins and I am willing to give Jennifer a chance because those books are just oh so awesome. What do you guys think??

2. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I think she will be great. We watched A Winter's Bone a few weeks ago and she is an outstanding actress. I can't wait to see the movie!!

3. Dana

Dana Dana

i haven't seen winter's bone yet - but just based on word-of-mouth, looks, etc i'm OK with her being katniss .... i'm really excited about the movie(s) and hope they do a GREAT job with them!!

4. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I had never heard of that actress before the Oscars, and haven't seen Winter's Bone yet. I am just hoping that they do a good job with the movies. I loved the books, but usually just plan on being disappointed by the movies :( they are never as good!

5. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

They had a little ditty in Entertainment Weekly about the eight or so actresses who were in contention for the role, along with photos and there were others that I thought were more suited to Katniss, looks wise.

I haven't seen Jennifer Lawrence act, so I have no idea how good she is. I hope the movie lives up to the book!

6. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

Actually, Jennifer looks more like I pictured Katniss when I read the book.

7. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

My question is - who is playing Peeta? Gale?

8. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

there are a few speculations...no official casting as been made. Alex Pettyfer and Hunter Parish are the two most talked about for the role of Peeta. I like Pettyfer!

9. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

I have been keeping up with the movie via http://hunger-games.net/?p=923 and frankly, I wish the models they used on their banner could act because they "look" the part... for me anyway! :) Check out the site... the give more speculations and little tidbits of info...