Colors | Pad Patter 5/30

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, May 30, 2023.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors? I tend to like Blues, Greys, Pinks, and neutral colors.

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? Black. Wait... and more black! Navy.

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff? Cars, I don't care, my current car is black. I have had all different colors, no red yet.

Scrap kits? Rainbows, lol! Blues, and Neutrals.

A color finder, with options.
    https://www.canva.com/colors/color-wheel/

And a color quiz: I got blue. :giggle
    https://www.quizexpo.com/whats-my-favorite-color/

It seems like blue would be an excellent color for you. It’s the symbol of trust, calmness, and even freedom. You value peace of mind above anything else in life. And you make others feel safe around you as well. Having you around is like a heavenly gift. People who favor blue among color spectrum work fine under pressure, and they manage to create a calm environment for others when necessary. The downside of having such a personality is putting others’ needs before your own. Blue lovers are usually too caring, and they might ignore their own needs and desires when it comes to their loved ones’ happiness.

umyesh likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors? I like purple and black and of course scarlet (red) and grey. I dislike pink immensely, especially hot pink. I can tolerate a very subtle pink but it cannot be the dominant color.

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? It is rare that I buy clothes but I tend toward black or navy for pants/jackets. I do like tops in a variety of colors but for awhile I was buying a lot of purple tops!

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff? Cars, I have owned 7 and driven 8 during my lifetime. White - 1; Brown - 1; Blue - 3; Pewter - 1; Purple - 1; and the most recent is called seaglass metallic which is basically a light aqua but can appear to be other colors depending on the light.

Scrap kits? I have a lot of the autumn colors. I would love more kits in the black/red/purple color palette. Those seem to be rare. In the last few years I have avoided buying kits with pink in them. I have a lot already and some I have struggled to use.

And a color quiz: I got blue. :giggle
    https://www.quizexpo.com/whats-my-favorite-color/

It seems like blue would be an excellent color for you. It’s the symbol of trust, calmness, and even freedom. You value peace of mind above anything else in life. And you make others feel safe around you as well. Having you around is like a heavenly gift. People who favor blue among color spectrum work fine under pressure, and they manage to create a calm environment for others when necessary. The downside of having such a personality is putting others’ needs before your own. Blue lovers are usually too caring, and they might ignore their own needs and desires when it comes to their loved ones’ happiness.

I also got blue but there were a lot of questions that I had to just pick something because none of the choices really fit. I do like the color though. One thing about blue that doesn't fit me is the bolded. I did not do well under stress at work at all!

jk703 likes this.
  3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors? Yes, pink! Hot pink is my favorite. I've always disliked green (it's for boys...) and brown (it looks dirty).

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? I love bold colors for tops, like hot pink, neutral colors for pants, like blue jeggings, and bold colors for sneakers, like hot pink for example!

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff? I am in a secret process (don't tell my family!) of replacing all red/orange things in our home (my hubby's choices) with pink stuff! A life sized Barbie house is my dream home!

Scrap kits? Pink of course! The more the better.

And the color quiz must be broken: I got blue too.

jk703 likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We need someone to take the test... we are all BLUE! lol!

5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors?
    I gravitate to blues/greens and pinks/purples. I don't really dislike any colors- but there are some that just dont look good on me for clothes. I like the yellows/mustards/oranges- but they just wash my complexion right out.

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for?
    I have been buying a lot of blues/mint/teals- I need to stop buying that since my closet is full!

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff?
    I've had a red car for the last few years & love it! I like bright colors- but my neutral loving husband tones me down! ;) I convinced him to get blue for his car since that's his color based on all his clothing! lol
    For shoes- I tend to go more neutral so that I can wear with anything- although I love a fun color sneaker!

Scrap kits? I love me a good rainbow color scheme- also anything with teals/purples tends to suck me in too!

And a color quiz:
    Funny when I did this in the morning I got Green, but just redid with same answers this afternoon on desktop & got Blue- both a pretty accurate! ;)

jk703 likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Yep bright bold colours. Not a huge fan of most typical fall/winter colors unless they are more clear tones rather than muddy murky ones.

Again bright bold colors with a base of black - my wardrobe is full of red, burgundy, pink, purple, teal, blue and a bit of green and then black as a neutral

Initially I would have said I don’t care about colour if whatever I am buying works for me but it seems I do have a fave colour! For shoes, it’s absolutely black but for other things over the past few years I’ve gravitated towards dark red for some reason - my glasses frames are dark red, most of my household bits I’ve acquired over the years for when I move out are dark red - it actually started from a bath mat my grandmother gave me that she was clearing out and it went from there. My wallet is red (intentionally chosen not to be black or a dark colour so I could easily find it in my bag - at that time the actual colour was irrelevant as it was on sale). Then the latest red thing…..my new iPhone 8! My mum joked when I chose it that with all of the red stuff I have I’ll never find it but it makes me happy.

Scrapkits?
    Again bold and bright with a touch of neutral. You generally won’t see me buy a lot of kits in October, November & December for two reasons - 1)theme and 2) colour….I generally don’t go for those colours IRL and it’s bled into my scrapping too.

I can assure you the quiz is not broken! I got Purple which kind of makes sense to me especially the part I’ve put in bold.
    You have the spirit of a king or queen. That’s why purple is the best color for you. You also seem to be a bit unpredictable and impulsive. But the cool thing about you is that you value spirituality over materialistic beliefs. Purple lovers are usually helpful characters who wouldn’t hesitate to lend a hand when someone’s in need. But they prefer to remain in charge and control things like a supervisor. Another aspect of your personality is creativity. You are incredibly imaginative and innovative. And you always manage to impress others with your creative ideas.

jk703 likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Me:
    347244071_908001343609453_3876107581224616467_n.jpg

Also me:
    339136403_1244038903149105_419927078134592236_n.jpg

My whole wardrobe is mostly black, brown, or dark green. I just don't look good in bright colors at all.
    My car is white, but I've had yellow, red, blue, and green.
    As far as scrap kits, I am really drawn to earthy colors with a pop of color like orange or yellow.

The color quiz gave me Purple, which funnily enough is one of my least favorite colors LOL, but the bold is most definitely me. I'm a control freak to the core. :giggle
    You have the spirit of a king or queen. That’s why purple is the best color for you. You also seem to be a bit unpredictable and impulsive. But the cool thing about you is that you value spirituality over materialistic beliefs. Purple lovers are usually helpful characters who wouldn’t hesitate to lend a hand when someone’s in need. But they prefer to remain in charge and control things like a supervisor. Another aspect of your personality is creativity. You are incredibly imaginative and innovative. And you always manage to impress others with your creative ideas.

jk703 likes this.
  8. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I am a colorful person! I love bright bold colors! but ORANGES, Yellows and browns tend to be the ones I am drawn to most of all

Right now for work it is solid black (gag me).. so on my days off I am a colorful explossion of fun! *L*

for work black non slip ugly shoes.. *L*
    otherwise I am not too picky as long as they are comfy! and my car I don't care as long as it runs.. same for random stuff if it works. I don't care colors

Scrap kits?
    Im drawn to autumn colors.. or blues lately

jk703 likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Green is my favorite color. You can look around my house and see that I love all shades of green.

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? Black and grey are normally what I gravitate towards. My older girls think I have a boring wardrobe.

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff? Cars - whatever is cheapest and will fit my whole fam. But if I could choose I probably would choose a dark green color. For things around my house I tend towards greens/teals with hints of yellows/oranges/golds/pinks - I like pops of color (except when it comes to my clothing - LOL!).

Scrap kits? Bright colors. I gravitate towards kits that have all kinds of colors and are more bright. I think they go best with the pics I take of my kids.

jk703 likes this.
  10. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Ha, ha, I tend to say rainbow is my favorite color 'cause I really do like all the colors. Each has it charm and charisma.

My favorite color in a car is a light grey....black (which I currently have) show WAY too much dirt as does white. I like some of the burnt orange colors in trucks and jeeps (SUV van here), or lovely metallic browns.

Clothes shopping - tops, T-shirts, sweaters can be any trendy color. But for pants, I lean towards black and greys. Shoes - I prefer darker colors as I'm outside often and like shoes to hide dirt and grass stains (talking running shoes here).

Scrap kits - give me the rainbow! I do like when kits gravitate towards analogous palettes or split complementary palettes though.

jk703 likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I wear a lot of pink and blue, but also love black too. I only wear "fall" colors in the fall and winter for the most part.

For scrapping, I definitely love brighter happy rainbow colors best.

My current car is white and I almost always want black, grey, silver or white. I'm always afraid I'll get tired of an actual color because I keep my cars a long time.

jk703 likes this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors? I gravitate toward not a single color, but colorful things. I do say yellow is my favorite color in general though (not to wear, but in flowers and other things). I dislike colors that remind me of things I don't like, like I've seen clothing in shades that made me think of poop and other yucky stuff and I wonder who thought that would be a good idea?

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? Blue. Several years ago I started wanting to simplify my life and part of that has been mostly only buying blue clothing. With blue eyes, it's a good color for me too, though I have a green shirt that I've been told brings out my eyes too.

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff? I've only gotten to choose the color of 2 of the 3 cars I've had so far in my life. The first was my mom's brown Ford Tempo before it became mine. The second was a 1998 blue Honda Civic and I was content with it, but I vaguely recall it wasn't our first choice, but the green needed to be special ordered. The minivan we picked out in 2003 (which I'm still driving today) is a very dark green. I've actually been thinking quite a lot about what color I'd like for my next car and I'm quite indecisive. Black would be too hot and not my style, gray is boring, and white will look dirty all the time, won't it? On the street I'm attracted to yellow cars, but they tend to be sporty cars, which I don't want. I'll most likely be practical about it, as I generally am, and choose based on what's available when we decide to replace this old minivan.

Shoes - I would love to wear my navy Skechers all the time, but I also bought a pair of black shoes to wear with the black pants I wear sometimes. My everyday shoes are gray, with rainbow laces, and my walking/hiking shoes are brown.

Scrap kits? Colorful and colors from nature.

And a color quiz: I do not believe a quiz can figure out my favorite color, but I did it anyway, and quickly, trying not to ponder the silly questions with sometimes ridiculously incomplete answer choices. I've known my favorite color is yellow for going on about 37 years now, since high school, and I doubt it will ever change after so long. Yellow is a match for my cheerful disposition and seeing it always cheers me. However, until the last two sentences, the quiz's description of me is quite accurate, and I do also like the color green quite a bit.
    Green is the color of nature, fertility, and adventure. It’s an excellent color for you because you seem to be an adventurous, free-spirited person. People who love green are always keen to learn something new. And they are curious about various topics. Another aspect of green lovers is being open-minded. It’s easy for you to understand people even when they have opposing opinions or controversial ideas. The downside of your character is that you can become slightly greedy. Green has been a symbol of greed for centuries, and its fans may be a bit too focused on worldly stuff now and then.

They forgot to mention green is the color of environmentalism and such, too, which is also very important to me. I recycle, part of my veganism is because of concern about the effects of the animal industry on the health of our planet, I'll be looking at alternative vehicles when I finally replace my current 2004 minivan, and so on.

jk703 likes this.
  13. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors? I tend to gravitate towards pastel or slightly bright colors.. and pink... any shade of pink lol

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? Black, Navy Blue... stripes.. is that a color??? lol

What about shopping for other things - a car, shoes, random stuff? I don't have a car of my own but If I'd have to pick a color I'd say black.. or white haha shoes, I like to stick to neutrals. I mostly have white sneakers and nude or brown sandals.

Scrap kits? I do love pastels and stuff but I always fall in love with "Autumn" colors.

jk703 likes this.
  14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

When I took the colour test I came out as White:
    "White has always been associated with purity and innocence. You seem to have a righteous and reliable character. And that’s why white would be an excellent color for you. A cool thing about people like you is being organized and orderly. Your time-management skills are fascinating, and you can keep everything on the track like it’s the most straightforward task ever."

My preferred colours to wear are on the cool side of the spectrum. That's simply because if I wear anything on the warm side people ask me if I'm okay - the warm colours seem to make me look ill.

I like to play with natural colours, colours from nature.

15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Do you gravitate to certain colors? Or dislike certain colors? I like blues orange and grays and dislike browns

When you shop for clothes, what do you look for? Black gray and blue-green

What about shopping for other things - car, shoes, random stuff? Cars - I like the charcoal gray we have. Shoes - I like ones that don’t show dirt. My favorite church shoes are brown sandals.

Scrap kits? Every color imaginable!

16. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Clothes - I have recently noticed that most of my clothes are in black-and-white color scheme... not show how that happened but I'm loving it at the moment.

Car - I don't care as long as it's not pink or purple or something equally silly - but then again, if someone were to gift me a pink car, I wouldn't say no, lol...

Scrapbooking kits - I hate working with primary and bright colors - red, orange, electric blue/yellow/anything... and pale pastels too - those feel too washed out and demure. I love colors that go with my real-life photos - natural shades of blue, yellow, brown, green, earthy tones and off-whites. I don't use stock photos so no matter how much I try to color-match the kits to my pics, there's always a random one that doesn't fit...

Color quiz - Ha ha... the quiz was fun - if somewhat rigged and unbalanced... I got GREEN - adventure and 'wordly stuff', lol... I guess it IS true that as I get older, I tend to focus more on wordly stuff and material comfort - retirement is approaching and a dignified old age is something I aim for. Plus, we still have two kids to put through college... ouch...

Green is the color of nature, fertility, and adventure. It’s an excellent color for you because you seem to be an adventurous, free-spirited person. People who love green are always keen to learn something new. And they are curious about various topics. Another aspect of green lovers is being open-minded. It’s easy for you to understand people even when they have opposing opinions or controversial ideas. The downside of your character is that you can become slightly greedy. Green has been a symbol of greed for centuries, and its fans may be a bit too focused on worldly stuff now and then.