Hamburgers | Pad Patter 5.28

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 28, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Today is National Hamburger Day! I guess it's fitting that it's Memorial Day weekend and lots of people are having cookouts. We are not because it is chilly and rainy here, but I've been smelling the grills all weekend long.

National-Hamburger-Day-2023-784x441.jpg

And, if you haven't eaten yet, there are several places that have special offers going on today - Burger Deals.

But I'm most curious about:
    Do you have a favorite burger place, or is your favorite homemade?
    What are your favorite burger toppings?

Last edited: May 28, 2023
    umyesh likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I didn't have a hamburger today but will tomorrow!

Since I don't eat out anymore I guess you'd say my favorite is homemade. I use my air fryer (don't even own a grill) and IMO it tastes just like a grilled burger. Favorite topping, ketchup. Although not sure I can still have it after my doctor visit last week.

When I did get hamburgers, it was always Wendy's with lettuce, mayo and tomato... tomato is gone from the diet now as well.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Scrapcrazy

Scrapcrazy Active Member

My fav is homemade! My hubby has the tast down. I am a plain cheese, ketchup and Mayo kinda girl! He uses some special seasoning for the beef though and it tastes so good! I am a big Five Guys or Red Robin fan otherwise! We are also not cooking out this weekend due to cold rainy weather. Who knew we would need long pants this weekend in the south!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Homemade for us - we always have buns and patties in the freezer and a 'burger box' in the fridge with the onion and tomato half cut up... we each like our burger different - I with mayo, DD with mustard, DH with mayo and mustard and DS with chili mayo.. so burgers are totally DIY here... we add lettuce, red cabbage, tomatoes, pickles, cucumbers, peppers... cheddar for some... its out go-to snack... and the first thing kids eat when they get hoem from school. I don't remember the last time we had burgers as a meal...lol...

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

We are huge five guy fans in our household ..
    That or homemade are our favorite
    Our local grocery has stuffed burgers that you can grill or cook that are amazing

I like carnelized onion.. a1 sauce..mayo. tomato..pickle ... on mine.. sometimes ketchup...or honey mustard ..cheese of course..I'm from Wisconsin afteall

Or. Make a taco like burger with gauc . Onion camermlized ...tomato. salsa. Lettece..cheese

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Mmm now I want a burger! Thanks a lot Jan! ;)

My burger of choice is from Smashburger but I rarely eat there.

Toppings: bbq sauce, ketchup, mustard, onion (French fried or grilled are best but I’ll take any onions), lettuce, cheese (cheddar, Gouda, Swiss, blue, pepperjack), sometimes avocado, sometimes pickles, sometimes bacon, NEVER TOMATO.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

Not a huge fan of burgers. I’d rather have a hot dog (preferably Hebrew National franks) or polish sausage/bratwurst on a bun. But if I’m going to have a hamburger, it’ll be from Five Guys with bacon, cheese, tomato, grilled onions, mustard and A1 sauce.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

Wendy's is definitely one of my favs. I have not tried burgers in the air fryer...I need to do that!

We discovered a great seasoning awhile back and DS eats it on everything, but especially burgers. I love Five Guys and Red Robin! And yeah, I'm with you...here in a sweatshirt and sweatpants...I'm bummed!

What a great idea to have everything at the ready!! I need to remember that!

I really love Five Guys, too. I just wish we had one closer than an hour away. The stuffed burgers sound amazing!

Same. I think I need to find a burger today lol. I love tomatoes, but I'm not a fan of them on burgers, either.

If given the option, I'll have a burger and a hot dog...I have a hard time choosing between the two lol

scribler and umyesh like this.
  9. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

We had burgers yesterday with my brother-in-law and his family visiting from Nebraska. My husband makes his own patties with A1, shredded Sharp Cheddar, Lawry's Seasoning Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder mixed with ground chuck 80/20. We have found that the higher fat in the ground chuck along with the shredded cheese helps keep the burgers together and have had less crumbling/breaking patties since he started doing them that way. We had ours on slider buns with these sides- loaded baked potato salad, deviled eggs, green salad, chips and finished up with Strawberry Shortcake. It was a yummy meal!

IntenseMagic and scribler like this.
  10. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I love impossible burgers with caramelized onions and roasted jalapeños! I am vegan so burgers are not on the menu often... but when they are I prefer them with a bit of heat!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

Oh my gosh, that meal sounds amazing!!

Yes! I love jalapeños!

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

My fave place is a pub called Frick N' Frack. They make a burger that has a huge beef patty, twice as big as normal, with cheese, then 4 thick slices of bacon, a large smokie is placed on top of the stack with fried breaded onion rings and mushrooms with BBQ sauce. It is insane! At home I eat a burger patty with cheese and either BBQ sauce or a creamy garlic sauce. Sometimes I will fry up onions and mushrooms too. I don't eat it with a bun.

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm a huge fan of cheeseburgers and we have several places around us with amazing burgers. But drat, I didn't know about national burger day and didn't have one! Rats! I used to love Five Guys burgers, but they have gotten ridiculously expensive. We went there for my son's birthday a few weeks ago and it was $75 for four of us to eat there. That is insane! There are sit down restaurants near us that have cheaper food! And they are just as good too!

14. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Bacon, cheese and ketchup - that's what I like on my hamburgers lol

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I rarely eat burgers anymore and when I do they're veggie burgers. I was busy on a trip over the weekend, so I didn't know about National Hamburger Day but Saturday I happened to have a tasty bean burger from a place in Boston called B.Good. Even better was the kale veggie burger I had yesterday at a place in New Jersey close to the Hudson River called Brownstone Pancake Factory. (The pancakes weren't vegan or I might have tried those. It was an awesome restaurant.) The kale patty was very good and it was topped with caramelized onions.

In general, I like messy burgers with sauces on them and lots of veggies, including lettuce, onion, tomato, and avocado. I do not have a favorite burger place. Burgers for me nowadays are just an option when I go out to eat at a place with burgers that is thoughtful enough to include a veggie patty option. I'm not interested in the meat substitutes I could buy at the store, but I'm grateful they exist for the restaurant scenario. More vegan plant based restaurants would be more exciting to me.