May Cards

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by mocamom, May 3, 2023.

1. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

Thankfully I don't have as many cards to make in May as I did in April, but I do have some. Here's one I made using Sometimes by Anita Designs. Hopefully the recipient will know to set it up as an easel and not just leave it to lay flat. How do y'all tell people how to fold cards when they get them in the mail, and you aren't around to watch them open them?

[​IMG]

Sara likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh how cool! I love the easel concept! Hmm... good point about how to let them know how it's supposed to go... Maybe you could print the image you have above or even just one of it set up that way and stick it inside with a note "this card can be folder this way to best show off your birthday bouquet" (kinda rhymes even)

3. Karen

...like mini IKEA instructions. :giggle

4. mocamom

Thank you @Karen! She didn't know what to do with it, so I showed her this photo and it made sense then!

So I made this one for my daughter-in-law. She loves cats and loved it. I figured out how to cut a stencil of the paw prints and then used that stencil as an "embossing folder". It was fun learning about this, and it opened up a whole new world!
    [​IMG]

5. mocamom

And here are some cards for two friends who needed to hear these messages. I love how quick and easy these were, and also love how much my friends loved them :)
    [​IMG]

6. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Those paw prints are amazing, so cool you can make a stencil at home! Both this cat card and the message cards are great!

7. mocamom

This one is for my MIL. She is beyond amazing and hopefully will like her slimline zfold card :)
    [​IMG]

8. Karen

Ooooh! So fun! I always love yellow and pink together too! She's going to love it!

9. frutselke

frutselke I belong among the wildflowers...

They're all gorgeous cards! Very creative and so beautifully made.

mocamom likes this.
  10. mocamom

Thank you!!

11. mocamom

I made this one for our friend who had to say good-bye to their furbaby. My son has taken care of this dog for years now, and he needed to make our friend feel better, so I let him write his own message on the back.
    [​IMG]

Video of the working card

frutselke likes this.
  12. Karen

What a lovely card! I'm sure they will love knowing that you're thinking about them after the loss of their fur-baby.

13. mocamom

Thanks @Karen! She did like it!

Karen likes this.
  14. mocamom

You ever have a kid that tells you the day of that they need a card?? Or is it just me? My son decided to go to a graduation party and said he wanted to take a card. Thankfully this one was easy because of you tube bwaahaaahaa!
    I made a pop up card with Graduate by Anita Designs

[​IMG]

Here's how it works:
    https://youtube.com/shorts/7AxT5xwxfbo

Karen likes this.
  15. mocamom

Y'all! NBK Design has a new series called "For Art's Sake". I took her watercolors and simply printed them out on watercolor paper and matted it with solid cardstock. It was super quick and easy and I love them. I made one for my nephew's anniversary, and will use the other two later. I LOVE this series!
    [​IMG]