What are you watching these days? | Pad Patter 05.20.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, May 20, 2023.

1. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm almost finishing The Diplomat also, and I'm liking it. I can't believe that the actress is the one from Felicity, she's so different!

there are some series from the mentioned previously here that I want to watch it, like The last thing he told me.

and I started "the white house plumbers" and "love and death " and "the shrink next door".

2. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

You had me at spicy garlic tofu!!!! Ha! Admittedly, I don't watch YouTube very much. You've got quite a list there. No harm in checking them out. The two above are definitely catching my attention!

michelepixels likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I don’t watch anything so I’m no help. I feel like new releases come in spurts of good and bad though, with more bad than good most often. I hope you find something you like Lisa!

4. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I enjoyed Queen Charlotte! Sure the story took a lot of liberties but there actually is a LOT of truth in the series - which makes it so much better! The series made me look more into George and Charlotte...theirs was a grand story. Several of the real paintings of her show that Charlotte had opted for the big hair style and had the darker features as has been portrayed in all of the series. George was known as the "Mad King of England" and yet he still reigned over England for 60 years. He is the King that lost the US colonies, and the King George from Hamilton! Together Charlotte and George had 15 children - and they were the grandparents of Queen Victoria. I just find the historical aspect so cool!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am not much help, but enjoying reading through the list. I am really needing suggestions as well.
    A couple I've watched lately and enjoyed are
    From - Amazon Prime (season 1 is free and it's on season 2 with MGM+ subscription which I do not have lol) - it's a creepy one
    Jury Duty - also on Amazon Prime (Freevee) - it's a fun watch

6. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I don't think it's really new, but the latest show I watched and LOVED is Derry Girls (on Netflix). So funny, so cute, Irish show about Catholic teen girls set in the 1990s.

Memaw2Wm and weaselwatchr like this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Right now I'm watching The Watchful Eye limited series.

8. ArmyGrl

I watched that one...made me laugh!!!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My hubby and I recently watched the Diplomat and really liked that one. I also watched Queen Charlotte. The first episode was a little cheesy, but after that I really liked it, especially the last episode.

Otherwise I've been watching Attack on Titan with my college kid. It's his all time favorite show and he can talk about it for days on end, so I decided to watch it with him. I probably would never have even heard of it or chosen to watch it without his influence, but I'm enjoying it because we're watching together. (It's Manga... like anime) He requires that I watch is in Japanese with subtitles for the best effect. Lol.

10. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

The Night Agent on Netflix was pretty good.

11. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I saw that the Night Agent and the Diplomat will have a second season soon

12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm watching a small light

And with the hubby succession

Otherwise we watch a lot of YouTube.. try guys or eat the menu

13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I really enjoyed Bad Sisters on Apple+. If you liked Ted Lasso then I recommend Acapulco on Apple+. I also have a BritBox sub and any crime show is good on there. Currently watching The Coroner there. Oh and I didnt think I would like this but Tulsa King on Paramount + was really good. Also started watching Picard.

14. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I realize this thread is a little dated, but I recently discovered The Indian Doctor on my local PBS station.

they seem to be running this older show during the summer, but I found I could stream it as a member. So far, the first 2 seasons have been fun to watch.

15. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

We were excited to see that the new season of Jack Ryan is back on Prime, although they are releasing it week-by-week not the whole season at once. We've watched both episodes that are released so far. We have also recently enjoyed The Diplomat and The Night Agent, and we really liked Arnold Swarzenegger's new show FUBAR (on Netfix I believe.)

Karen and elseepe like this.
  16. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I saw that too and it seems I never finished season 3. I can’t imagine how that happened, but now I feel like I have to watch season 3 all over again as I don’t remember any of the plot. :faint2

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We were SO annoyed when we saw they were only releasing 2 episodes of Jack Ryan per week. Pfft... we were planning to watch it all last weekend! :giggle There should be 2 more out today though. Yay!

18. ArmyGrl

Season 3 of The Witcher is back! Yeah!

And I started re-watching 3% (Netflix).

I didn't think I'd like it, but the hubs and I both like From (Prime/MGM).