Wrist Watch | Pad Patter 05.19.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jam-on-toast, May 19, 2023.

1. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

For as long as I can remember I’ve worn a wrist watch. Long before smart watches became a fashion and a trend and we all started wearing them everywhere, even when sleeping. And long after we all got mobile phones that told time much more accurately. Putting on my wrist watch was the first thing I did in the morning, and taking it off was the last thing I did at night.

My watch has always been more than a time piece - other that a pair of earrings I rarely change and my wedding band, it was the only accessory I wore, without it I felt incomplete, even though I started using my phone to tell time decades ago. Last December my husband gave me an Apple Watch for Christmas and now I wear a watch even in my sleep. Lol...

What about you? Do you wear a watch?

umyesh likes this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I used to wear a watch all the time, my parents did and I grew up with my life being ruled by time. I had difficulties after I got married - my husband has no concept of time and I was getting so stressed about timing etc. Amongst other advice and active support to us, our marriage mentors told me to get rid of my watch. I've had to get more fluid with how I see time, and my husband needed to learn to manage his own schedule. It was rather a journey, but I got used to only using the wall clock and an alarm for things that are important.

Last edited: May 21, 2023
    jam-on-toast likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have always worn a watch and pretty much feel naked without one lol. I have worn an Apple Watch for several years now. I did without for a few months after I accidentally ran over my first one with the lawn mower! I wear it most all day, but there are times when I have to do a lot of typing that I take it off.

jam-on-toast and Angela Toucan like this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I wore a watch for many years. Then I had a nice watch that was always losing or gaining time and was never right. I had other watches so tried wearing them and the same thing was happening. All were either losing or gaining time. I had to reset the time on every watch constantly. I gave up and haven't worn a watch since.

When I had my 10 year anniversary at work in 2011, they always gave the recipients a watch. I went to HR and requested that they don't spend that much money (I paid the bills so I knew how much was spent) on a watch that I could never wear. She asked me what I wanted instead and I said a gift card. She said no, it had to be an item. So I suggested a photo frame. So that is what I got... behind the scenes. The actual in front of everybody presentation, I got a watch that had been wrapped up but actually belonged to the owner's daughter that worked with me.

I've never tried a smart watch because I don't want to spend that kind of money and possibly have the same problems. And, I'm so used to not having anything on my wrist I'm not sure I would like something on my wrist! I have enough clocks in the house that I don't need a watch. I do use my smartphone for those days that I need an alarm in the morning.

jam-on-toast and Angela Toucan like this.
  5. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I am left-handed and can't deal with stuff on my left wrist-- it feels like it is in the way all the time. So, I don't wear a watch. I always have my phone with me and use it for time-keeping and alarms.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  6. tiffany scraps

tiffany scraps still plays outside

I wear a fitbit and feel a bit naked when I forget to put it on :)

jam-on-toast likes this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have a samsung watch, which tracks my health and tells me the time.
    Silly thing also sometimes answers my phone and then I look a chump, talking to my wrist.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I used to… but stopped when I got blisters and basically like a burned imprint of the watch on my wrist. We attributed it to skin irritation and a combo of sun/reflection type burn… Summer, the reflection of the underside of the watch and me sunbathing. I got blisters under the watch face and my skin became cracked and itchy. It was not fun. Never wore a watch again.

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I wore my watch on the right.

10. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I have also worn a watch for as long as I can remember. It has changed to an Apple watch for the last several years. But as with my old analog ones it’s the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night before bed.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  11. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I've worn a watch since I was a teenager- now it's an apple watch (with a leather band) but I don't feel right without it lol I don't sleep with it on though.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  12. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

It drives me crazy when I forget to wear my watch! I've always had water-proof watches so I don't have to take them off much and now I have an Apple Watch. Since I don't always carry my phone with me (I work from home), it notifies me when I'm getting texts and calls and I use it as a timer a lot. So I guess I'm a watch addict.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I’ve worn a watch for as long as I can remember. Mine is an inexpensive Timex. I replace it every couple of years b/c WalMart will no longer insert a new battery for you. I tried to replace the battery once myself and ended up with watch parts all over my desk. :)

My mom was left-handed and always wore her watch on her right hand, so that’s wear I wore mine for years until I started having issue with my right wrist, now I switch back and forth.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  14. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I always wore a watch when I was younger, can't remember why or when I stopped, but quite a long time ago. I have a dozen or so of them in my jewelry box, all with dead batteries. I got an Apple watch a couple of years ago and now wear it all of the time except when showering and when I am at work, since we are not allowed anything on our hands/wrists/forearms.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  15. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I honestly have never worn a watch.. but I recently purchased a smart watch.. and I'm excited to give it a go.. if it doesn't work out I'll gift it to one of the kids

jam-on-toast likes this.
  16. Scrapcrazy

Scrapcrazy Active Member

I used to wear one but it broke and I always have my phone so I never replaced it. It has been years now!

jam-on-toast likes this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I have always been a watch wearer too. Once I started using my phone I was without for a long time.
    But about 2 years ago I got the Samsung watch and I love it. I love having a watch again!

jam-on-toast likes this.
  18. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

Oh, what fun! I'm happy to find out that wearing a watch all the time is not that uncommon - though my family keep making fun of me being a watch addict because I am the only one who wears a watch all the time. I keep being told that the world has moved on and nobody needs a watch these days - we've got phones, lol... I guess it's true, my AppleWatch is more of everything else than a watch!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  19. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I wear a red/orange Apple Watch. I like it for timers and silent alarms.

20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I've always been a watch wearer too. I switched to a fit bit awhile back and loved it until it died and then switched to a samsung watch. I love the samsung watch, just wish the battery lasted longer.