No Dirty Dishes | Pad Patter 5.18.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, May 18, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy National No Dirty Dishes Day! :agree

From the internet: “A lot of time, money and energy is spent every day on washing and drying dishes and putting them away. This unofficial holiday with unknown origins encourages people to take a break from doing the dishes for the day and spend the time saved doing things for fun.”

What fun thing(s) would you love to fill your time with instead of doing dishes? Share yours below then pick one and do it today!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. umyesh

I’m lucky to have my oldest child do the dishes every weekday. One fun thing I like to do is eat a treat, which I am currently doing! Today’s treat is a Greens & Ginger smoothie; I love the little zing from the fresh ginger in it.

3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hubby is the dishwasher in our home, he loads the dishwasher or does it by hand is there is to be load shedding.
    I love to sit and watch tv and am knitting my daughter a scraf/shawl.

umyesh likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Growing up Mom was the dishwasher and I was the dish dryer. We had a system that worked well.

Living alone, if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. Now that I have a dishwasher, dishes get put in after I eat but I don't run it every night. For while it was twice a week or when it was full if I was eating out a lot (pre-dental issues). Lately it has been about every 2 days especially if I have used the air fryer. I empty it the next morning before I fix my morning breakfast drink (so I can start putting dirty glasses in it again!)

umyesh likes this.
  5. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My daughter usually washes the dishes M-F, not that there are many normally, and I wash them on the weekends.

After work, I'll watch a couple of old episodes of Grey's Anatomy until the sun goes down behind the trees, then I'll go out and mow the backyard. I mowed the front and sides yesterday evening. I rarely have the energy to mow my entire yard in one go anymore, plus my mower's battery is only good for about an hour, hour and a quarter before it needs to be recharged.

umyesh likes this.
  6. umyesh

That’s nice your hubby is the dishwasher. :) Knitting and TV go very well together!

7. umyesh

I love that you and your Mom did it together growing up. :) I am very grateful for dishwashers! I still wash certain things by hand but not very many!

8. umyesh

You cover the weekend dishes like me! Twinners! I’m glad you treat yourself to some TV before mowing; mowing is hard work!

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Right now, oldest is the dishwasher and youngest is the putterawayer.
    That will change when Shayne leaves for college... sniff, sniff.

We've actually put off getting a new dishwasher cause of the boys, haha! I sense we will be doing it come September. :giggle

umyesh likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm glad you posted this today because my sink is full and now I won't feel guilty about not dealing with it today. I haven't felt well this week, so I'm taking it slow and doing the minimum to get by.

It's Megan's job to unload the dishwasher and Rob or I load it. Rob doesn't like the dishwasher running while he watches sports, so he is usually the one to set a delayed start, and I'm the one who washes everything that can't go in the dishwasher.

umyesh likes this.
  11. umyesh

I love your word “putterawayer”! ;) Good luck with the changes and the dishwasher shopping Jenn.

jk703 likes this.
  12. umyesh

Good job taking it slow Kayla. Listen to your body. I’m the one who washes everything that can’t go in the dishwasher too.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

I LOVE loading and unloading the dishwasher. Because every dish and every spoon I put in and take out mean a dish and a spoon I didn't need to wash by hand.

umyesh likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hubby and I both load dishes, but I do kinda get twitchy when it isn't loaded "my way" :giggle Then the boys are in charge of putting the dishes away. I was all the hand washing stuff most of the time.

but... if I'm gonna ignore the dishes, I'm going to curl up on the couch with my kindle! :agree

umyesh likes this.
  15. Scrapcrazy

Scrapcrazy Active Member

My hubby washes and I put away but we use a lot of paper plates to avoid too many dishes...lol! I love to play on my laptop or my phone while I sit in my spot on the couch and watch TV. I used to be able to do only 1 thing at a time but then cell phones...now I have to be doing all the things at the same time!

umyesh likes this.
  16. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I didn't know this day existed ... but my plan for today is to clean out the toy room ... I'd rather do dishes lol

umyesh likes this.
  17. umyesh

I agree; loading a dishwasher is so much better than washing by hand!

18. umyesh

I’m curled up on the couch right now ;) it’s my go-to comfy spot. My oldest knows I’m twitchy about how it’s loaded too so she leaves it for me to check and start haha

Karen likes this.
  19. umyesh

The “no dirty dishes” post I read said you could use paper plates to celebrate the day so good job! ;) I can often be found on the couch with my laptop and/or phone too!

20. umyesh

I’d rather do dishes too… Good luck with the toy room!

tjscraps likes this.