Fridays | Pad Patter May 12, 2023

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jam-on-toast, May 12, 2023.

1. jam-on-toast

jam-on-toast Well-Known Member

I teach Enlgish as a second language and one of the questions I frequently ask my students is if theyhave a favorite day of the week. Not surprisingly, the most common anwer I get is Friday. While I can understand the appeal of the weekend and the excitement that comes with it, I must admit that my personal favorite day of the week is quite different.

When my kids were young and I was a stay-at-home mom, my favorite day of the week was Monday morning. After a busy weekend, I looked forward to having a few moments of peace and quiet with a cup of coffee before starting on my daily chores at my own pace. It was a chance for me to catch my breath and mentally prepare for the week ahead. Today my kids are in their teen, I work from home part-time and I still like Monday mornings. The moment when I get the house all to myself feels magical. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, and I LOVE Friday nights when my husband opens a bottle of wine and the kids are in their rooms free to do whatever they want (aka without us) and we have a couple of days of no 'must' ahead. Fridays are good, and so are Saturdays and Sundays... but Monday mornings are still special.

I'm curious to know if any of you have a favorite day of the week, and if so, what makes that day special for you? Is it the excitement of the weekend to come, or perhaps a chance to relax and recharge after a busy week? Share your thoughts and let's start a conversation!

bestcee and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm with you and enjoy any moments of peace and quiet I can get while my kids are at school. :)

I can't decide on a favorite day of the week. Any day I can sleep in and wake up on my own without an alarm is my favorite. ;)

Memaw2Wm and jam-on-toast like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

No particular favourite day of the week for me either.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

My favourite used to be Saturdays, as family days. Now the teenagers are doing their homework, so it's not that so much any more. I don't think I have a particular day of the week that's a favourite at the moment.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  5. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

When I worked, Saturdays were my favorite. I understand the excitement that comes with Friday...but Friday was still a work day. Saturday - that was a day I had to myself to relax, have fun, and catch up on creating layouts. Sundays were nice...but Sunday evenings turned into prep-day...prep uniforms etc for the coming week. So, there was also a bit of dread associated with Sunday as I knew the weekend was at an end.

In retirement, I am ambivalent.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is most definitely me in the summer! My kids have always slept in, the house is quiet, and I have time to myself without anything pressing to do!
    During the school year when I'm working, it's probably Saturday these days because there's no pressure to get things done. When my kids were little, Saturdays were crammed with things to do, but not so much any more.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

This!

jam-on-toast likes this.
  8. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

:rollin

jam-on-toast likes this.
  9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I don't think I have a particular day of the week at nowadays.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

While I do really love Fridays too- my most favorite day is Mondays. I typically don't work Mondays (I work Tues/Thurs.) There's just something about Sunday evening & not having to get up to the alarm the next day that makes Sundays so much better! ;) Also- on Mondays, my husband works at the office, kids go to school. I have a lot of just me time- I usually do chores, errands and appointments and such, but it's so relaxing to be on my own schedule. Plus it's way easier and faster to get chores done when no one else is home! Plus for errands, I feel like Fridays are always busier at the stores & places I frequent- I think more people don't work Fridays than on Mondays.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  11. jam-on-toast

This is what Saturdays are like now - the day when NO work/homework/housework is done in our household. We go out for lunch, vegetate in front of a TV/laptop/Netflix and have a lazy evening with a glass of wine and finger foods or a bbq in the garden just the two of us while the kids are doing their own thing...

12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I work full time so it may be weird if I say I like thursdays. Half of the work week is over, it's usually a slower day at work (and a work from home day) for me and I like the feeling of 'only one more day'. I like time going fast and at the same time I don't want time to go too fast. So I don't live for the weekends only, though not needing to work is nice. Thursdays are in that sweet middle spot.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

For some reason, I've always loved Thursdays and I've disliked Tuesdays. And Thursdays got even better a few years ago... we went from 5 days a week to 4, and my day off during the week was Friday.... so it was amazing. Still is! Tuesdays just yuck.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I like every day of the week since I am retired, but I still like Fridays as I have weekly plans to chat with my BFF on Friday nights. We have been doing this for years and it is a ritual that I look so forward to :)

jam-on-toast likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I still look forward to Friday for the joy of knowing the weekend is coming, and I really love any Saturday that we have no plans and I can sleep in and turn off the alarm. Of course my internal alarm still wakes me up early, but I can just lay there and no rush into the day we is wonderful.

jam-on-toast likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

@jam-on-toast - I'm totally with you on the Monday thing! I like getting back into routine.
    I'm also a fan of Sunday afternoons. It's usually set aside for scrapbooking or relaxing on my porch and reading in the sunshine.

17. jam-on-toast

lol lol lol lol... I can't believe what I just read... what's wrong with Tuesdays??????

18. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Similar to @ArmyGrl, as a working girl, Saturdays are my favorite, followed by a tie between Fridays/Sundays (for the reasons she mentioned). I have no favorite weekday, they are interchangeable to me. There are certain times of the year, where kids sports take up the evenings, but we are in between seasons.