I Should Not Watch Hollywood

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Feb 27, 2011.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

In all seriousness, I am NOT a self-conscious person. I wouldn't consider myself to be insecure. But it seems that whenever I watch Hollywood (ie the Oscars), I feel like I need to go on a veggies and water diet. :giggle Uggh!! Am I the only person that has this issue!!

Seriously, what's with Natalie Portman being pregnant and still looking 8000 times better than me!! LOL :rollingpin

2. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

oh yes..I feel like this too. it's frustrating but honestly...I like food and I like to be lazy sometimes. I don't want to work out for 5 hours everyday and feel like I can't enjoy my newborn so I can lose all the weight immediately. lol

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, they don't get to eat dessert. That pretty much ends it for me. LOL! :) But, I know what you mean. They are like a different bred of humans. :)

4. colleen

colleen Happy to be home!

I don't no why I bother watching either! Makes me feel depressed! Not so much about how they look, but the lifestyle!

5. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I can understand that feeling, but I also have to remember that there job is to look pretty, you know? They have personal trainers, stylists, and all manner of personnel who help make them look the way they look. So, you have to cut yourself some slack! :)

6. groenhop

groenhop Takes advice from 3 year olds.

Like Becky said I just remind myself they can pay to have people make them look perfect. On a side note, I totally forgot to watch the Oscars.

7. RebeccaH

ya know, it's not really in an unhealthy " i want to be just like her" kind of thing. i simply realize as i was sitting on my couch at 8:00 eating a junky frozen pizza & mt. dew for dinner that I was probably not making very good choices, and the super put-together people on tv were just SUCH a stark contrast!
    i know that i need to make a few changes, but i am most definitely not setting unrealistic expectations for myself. :shrug

8. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I know this feeling well! it is kind of like having snacks while watching the biggest loser!:giggle

9. RebeccaH