Extreme Makeover Home Edition tonight

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by 1girl1boy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

just thought i'd drop a little reminder in here to watch EMHE tonight on ABC. yes...it's shameless self-promotion. :whistle you should be able to spy some of my photos hanging on the walls of the home. it was such an honor to be a part of this episode. you can also check some of them out here, too.

2. MandiN

MandiN New Member

Yay! I was wondering when this episode was! I've set my DVR!

3. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

Yay. Thanks for the reminder!!

4. JenJ

JenJ Drunken Elf owner

I feel like I must of been living under a rock! Nevertheless.... I will tune in!

5. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

so tell us the story - because I am in the dark too!!! How exciting! I try every week to get my hubby to let me watch it - tonight I will really have to tell him it's what we are going to watch!

6. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

YAY y'all!

Manda, back in December I was invited to be the second shooter to photograph the couple receiving a new home. It is a soldier from Fort Hood who survived his tour in Iraq only to be shot two weeks later in the Fort Hood massacre. He is the youngest and most critically injured survivor of that day. His beautiful girlfriend (who was working on her masters in neuropsychology with a trauma emphasis) left school to become his primary caretaker. The first thing you notice about these two is just how much they love each other. It really is special. I will share some more about them and the things they told us that day after the show airs tonight. I'm so anxious for 7pm to get here! :D

7. MandaKay

Wow Leslie - what an honor to be involved. I'm sensing it's going to be a tear-jerker!

8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Leslie, I saw the photos on the pook+diesel FB page and they are awesome! Can't wait to see the show tonight!!

9. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

I´m so sad that I cant watch it tonight. I dont know when it´s going to be aired where I live. I´ll keep an eye open everyday though. It is such a touching story. Like Manda said, it must be an honour to be part of such amazing thing. Cant wait to watch here. Hope it doesnt take too long to be on air here in Brazil....:(

10. MandaKay

Did you take some of the photos that were in their bedroom?! What an amazing couple, who have been thru a whole lot and deserve a great start this this to their new lives together!

11. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

thank y'all so much!

Valeria, you should be able to watch the episode online at abc.com tomorrow.

Manda, some of them were. I have to go back and rewatch, but I do know that the one behind them on the wall in the hallway as they entered the master was most definitely mine and the two they showed in the bathroom were as well. :)

ETA...check that...just realized that one in the hallway was my partner's. i had a similar one where she's kissing his cheek but that wasn't it. it's actually one of the ones hanging in the bathroom. oops!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  12. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

you are such a rock star. poke.... ahhhh! i touched a rock star!!!

13. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

silly girl!

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

That is so cool Leslie - what an interesting experience for you!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Holy cow! That is so cool! I missed this thread yesterday, so I'll have to watch it online and check out your photos. Sounds like a good episode too!

16. renee82

renee82 renee82

Such an awesome experience for you!

17. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

doggone it.
    missed it
    what's the name of this episode? I'll try to see if they replay it.

18. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Oh I watched last night! What a great couple. Saw the photos of them in their bedroom and bathroom and wondered if those were yours! They looked amazing.

19. colleen

colleen Happy to be home!

how cool is that!!!

20. groenhop

groenhop Takes advice from 3 year olds.

What a cool experience! They were in our area awhile back and we went to help with the house (I also had drinks with Ty at the bar haha)..