Birthday freebies| pad patter March 20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 20, 2023.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

It seems like many restaurants in the states have customer loyalty clubs. Often times these clubs ask for your birthday so that you can get a gift for your special day. Some are just a beverage or a free dessert, but I have had better ones too. The best ones I received this year are a free hamburger, a free small pizza, free dozen Krispie kreme donuts, and $30 GC for benihana. And of course my free coffee at Starbucks!

Do you sign up for any of these? What’s a favorite one that you have taken advantage of?

LoveItScrapIt, cfile and umyesh like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don't tend to sign up for any of those sort of freebie promo type things. If it's a birthday thing its usually just two of us doing it and there usually is a minimum number that we can't meet unless the whole family comes which given there is over 1000 miles between the entire family of 6, it doesn't happen often. When Subway sent a free birthday thing I used to use that (can't remember if it was for a drink or cookie or both now though) but apart from that I don't think I tend to take advantage of many

3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

years ago, would get a free kit from old shops. But as i never leave house, nor can i eat... dont know of any of those offers

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@LivyBug

I think Olivia has a few that she's signed up for. I think Starbucks and Krispy Kreme. I think it's a nice perk.

5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Birthday freebies are the best! My most recent favorite is a free Crave cookie - yum! I also love the dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme so I can share them with my family.

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Where did you get a free burger and pizza? I need to sign up for those!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The one we usually take advantage of is a free blizzard from Dairy Queen on our family birthdays. Free ice cream? Yes please!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I have a folder in my gmail called Birthday. I dump all the birthday email freebies into it when they start coming in!
    Our local pizza place sends out a free small pizza, Texas Roadhouse sends out a free app, Dairy Queen, BJ's Brewhouse, Chick-fil-a, Chipotle, Culver's, Nothing Bundt Cakes, Red Robin, Wingstop, Zaxby's, our local Mexican restaurants. My favorite is probably hibachi grills. Most of them do a free birthday meal. When Munchkin was little, he ate free. So, we had free kid, free birthday, and just paid for drinks and one meal. That was a fabulous cheap birthday!

I like the birthday rewards best that give me either two weeks around my birthday, or the whole month to redeem! It spreads out the days I can avoid making dinner.

As a suggestion, a lot of places send you an 'anniversary' gift or discount too. So, I try to sign up for places in the spring, about 6 months away from my birthday. That way it's like a bonus! And it's easier to use 2 rewards 6 months apart.

Oh! And Target. They send you a 5% coupon. Not much, but still something!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    umyesh, weaselwatchr and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yup.. Starbucks and then I have one for our favorite Pub here.. I signed up my hubby too so we go for my free lunch in Sept. and his another month :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I get a few but actually never end up using them. rofl
    I do use the ones for Bath & Body Works though!!! :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Starbuck Japan needs to start this! I don't think I ever saw any offer from them since I subscribed.

cfile and weaselwatchr like this.
  12. weaselwatchr

Red Robin is a free burger and a local pizza chain here in detroit called buddies does the pizza

umyesh likes this.
  13. weaselwatchr

I got this one too!

Karen likes this.
  14. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I don't usually subscribe to them but I do get the starbucks one (for my hubby - I don't drink it lol). I'm not above mentioning it's my birthday though to get a free dessert.

15. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I never got my Starbucks reward this year! But I did get coupons from American Eagle/Aerie, Torrid... maybe another clothing store as well.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  16. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I did get a free dessert at a restaurant for my birthday! I usually won't mention it, but my friend did and thankfully no one sang at me LOL

17. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I actually got one recently (my birthday is end of April) from Target Optical for free prescription sunglass lenses if I bought the frames, as a birthday gift. I am now awaiting my prescription sunglasses to be ready! I was excited as I have quite bad vision so the lenses are usually $300 or more without adding in the frames.

18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Starbucks for sure! I think a few others too like red Robin & other local restaurants. My problem is I have a December bday so often we are so busy with holiday stuff that I don't get a chance to utilize my birthday offers.

19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Our Japanese Hibachi restaurant does a free dinner on your birthday. That is the best one!! I usually always get my Starbucks reward as well.

20. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I don't take advantage of them, but my husband gets a free meal at Braza Grill (Brazilian steakhouse) every year and it's become tradition that we always go out to eat there for his birthday. Still pricey because we take the whole family but at least his meal is free