2023 retirement sale

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by Cath_, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

retirementsaleSLIDER.jpg
    ohh, just add salt to my wound. things there, i haven't unzipprd yet. ALOT of money i spent. Why do things need be retired ? Just another thing, to make me want to quit all this.

anyway, thy put in a bundle designer-retirement 2023 to have store link back

or as in good old days or in my purse, the other designer parts removed, and sold as a mini like that?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  2. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

hey @Cath_ , take a closer look at some of the retiring products. I found a lot of individual pieces retiring (like a paper pack or elements pack), but the full kit is not part of the retirement sale, so some of the items you own might still be in the store, just not individually sold anymore.. doesn't that make sense?

bestcee and Iowan like this.
  3. Cath_

ok, Yes that makes sense. Wonder if Allison, nbk or pauslee are leaving? BYOC and memory pocket things in there.

Wonder when they all will be there, for me to do a index of them....

4. kendrawalter

If I had to guess, I'd say no, they aren't retiring altogether, just clearing out some old stuff and making room for new stuff. NBK, for example, has artCrush 1 thru 9 collections in the retirement sale, but she's recently released artCrush 60, so it seems there are still 50 artCrush collections that will remain active in the store after this month.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  5. Cath_

but so much really cool theme things, not just bits and pieces with real no theme

perhaps take the thousands of dollars zips off to external and bring back on Wednesday's, when know what products to bring back unzipped. no one in world is as stupid as me

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  6. kendrawalter

@Cath_ Well, MOC this year allowed retired products, so maybe that stipulation stays in place going forward and you'll be able to pull out some retired products for that :-)

tjscraps and Cath_ like this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

There really are some stunning goodies in the retirement sale, stuff I use as go-to's often. But there are also great new goodies coming into the store each week, we just need to get new favourites. Unzip your goodies and play Cath!

cfile and Cath_ like this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Couldn't agree more....there are some amazing goodies retiring and more to come I'm sure as more designers add to the sale. With the ability to (at least this year) use older products in MOC and of course during monthly/most designer challenges, there's always opportunities to use your older stash here too, it's not like as soon as the stuff is gone from the store you can't use it anymore.

Cath_ likes this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Cath, No one is leaving.. things retire as they are older products, and the designers want to make room in the store for new stuff :) You are still able to use retired items on your pages (all challenges unless noted) as long as the designer is a current designer. I say unzip, have fun and play like Stefanie said! :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Sara and Cath_ like this.
  10. Cath_

wow thank you

cfile likes this.
  11. Cath_

its discouraging, unzipped 6 anita kits tonight, 1 i had already, in things i removed from drive, i impatient and want it all done, and in order, this moment

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Just check the challenge instructions :)

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Cath, maybe utilize your wish list until you get what you already have unzipped. If you see something you would like, add it to your wish list so you can go back and get it later once you have your current purchases unzipped.

Cath_ and cfile like this.
  14. Cath_

that a great idea

i wish i had never made folder with date_lily_price, with all purchased on the one paypal charge and that where zips are.

15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

@Cath_ Most of NBK's retirement products are the individual packs. She's restructuring the many older products so they are sold in the same way as more recent ones. So for example. Artcrush 8 has been listed as lots of different individual packs, and as some bundles, and more recently as one collection with with the dropdown options box. In the future it will only be listed as one collection, but with the dropdown options box. Don't panic. She's not leaving.

Artcrush #8 not in the retirement sale
    not.jpg

Artcrush #8 In the retirement sale
    in.jpg

NB, some of the smaller old product ranges, e.g. Colors of India, and Lavender Treasure, are retiring completely. SO you'll need to check.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    cfile likes this.
  16. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

@Cath_ also remember that retired products can still be used in the main Lilypad challenges, and in the gallery.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  17. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Yeah - I hear ya. I use Quicken and I ran a report for The Lilypad purchases over the years - Yikes!!!! Five dollars here and $10 there and it soon adds up into thousands.

18. Cath_

anyone have a a-z list of allison retirement things?

19. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

no, but you can see all of Allison's retiring products here: Allison's retiring products

Here they are sorted A-Z

Cath_ likes this.
  20. Cath_

Alison things

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    Sara likes this.