Early or Late | pad patter 3/6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Mar 7, 2023.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Do you tend to be late or early when you have to be someplace. Or are you right on time. I usually am always early unless my husband has to come with and then we are late. And it makes me crazy.

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

umm......I'm a last min/late gal most of the time I hate to admit but I do try to be more organized (and there for less stressed)

3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Um…exactly on time or a few minutes late. I’m rarely early. I have a really bad time sense.

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I tend to be slightly early or on time, hubby and our daughter run late or just in time, but that usually ends up late as they underestimate the time needed.

5. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I'm often very early. I know I have absolutely no sense of time, and I feel so ashamed if I'm late, I tend to be at least 30 min early. Spent very much time in my life waiting. LOL

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Before I got married I was early for everything. Since getting married - late for everything. It used to stress me out immensely, now I've had to learn to live with it.

7. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

Always early! If you are right on time, you are late!

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Always early. I hate the stress of rushing, I don't want a spotlight on me, I'm much happier waiting. I've always been this way, though I barely remember what I did to occupy myself in the olden pre-digital days. I likely had a book with me, and I'm a curious sort who always finds my surroundings interesting and is attracted to any kind of text like signs and notices to read. Nowadays it's so easy to wait and I'm never bored because I have the entire world in my phone and can read or play anything I want while I wait.

Sometimes I purposely arrive at meeting places early enough to have some quiet time to myself before the appointed meeting time and I've been disappointed when my friend arrives early too, cutting off my time early. :lol

I happen to be an early bird too, and love mornings. I wonder if it's related.

I was born at 9:40pm though . . . although I was induced, so who knows what time I would have chosen myself. I don't think I was happy with being induced; I look rather angry in my newborn photo.

9. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm always early. I can't stand to be late. I actually tell my husband things are earlier than they are suppose to be so we are not late because he is so darn pokey and likes to take his precious time. I'm one to show up 15 mins before work. I'm one to be perky and ready to go.

10. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I like to be right on time or a little early.

11. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I don't like to be late, so I'm generally a little bit early.

12. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Generally early.

In high school I ran around with 2 other girls all the time. 2 of us were always "on time". The third one was always late. We got to the point that if we wanted to meet at 7, we would tell her 6:30. She would show up at 7. We were skeptical when she decided to go to nursing school about her making her shift work on time. She proved us wrong!

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I try to be on time. I usually run late. If it's for my kids, I'm early.

14. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Oh, this is such a loaded question for me! :giggle

One of the biggest ongoing fights I had with my ex was that he was constantly late to everything no matter what. This alone irritated me but it was especially aggravating when the only thing he had to do if we were, say, going on a trip or going to his parents' house was get himself ready while I had one and then two small children + myself to get ready, pack for, etc. I still managed to get three of us ready before he got his one self ready. I started driving places separately so that I wouldn't be late anymore.

Suffice it to say that this was something I asked about very early on when I started dating my now-fiance. My fiance does generally take longer than I do to do almost anything, including driving, but he makes sure to allow for that when he's getting ready to go somewhere alone or with me.

15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Generally early. After being scolded for showing up early multiple times, I tend to arrive early, then wait in my car so I don't show up until "on time."

16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Mostly always early unless....of course HUBBY is coming. lol
    It's infuriating sometimes!!!

17. KarenC

KarenC Well-Known Member

We are always early! Because my hubby is a little obsessive about it lol.

18. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Early. My dad was like that too. We used to make fun of him cause he would wait outside ready to leave while we were still finishing to get ready lol I am a little less impatient than he was but still, I don't like to be late. Hubby takes forever to get ready so I tell him a false time to be sure he is actually ready at the time I want to leave lol
    Maybe Japan is the right country for me. Late is not good in Japan. Trains in Japan give you a ticket before you leave the station to proof there was a delay,accident or such on the line.
    If you want to be respectful of Japanese people, you will arrive 5 minutes early to any appointments ;)

bestcee likes this.
  19. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I tend toward early arrivals since I think it's inconsiderate to be late in a lot of situations. My DH HATES being late and he will literally start a loudly announced count-down to when we have to leave so the kids are ready. It usually starts with FIFTEEN MINUTES 'TIL DEPARTURE! and then subsequent announcements are made at more frequent intervals. It's actually kinda handy. :lol2

bestcee likes this.
  20. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'd have to say I'm mostly late. Not egregiously, but a few minutes here and there. I used to stress out about it because Jay stressed out about it. Now, I just feel like it's a win that I made it out of the house. I mean, some days it's a miracle to get a shower. :giggle I usually do much better if the appointment/meal/event is in the afternoon or evening. In the morning, I move quite slowly so that contributes to me running late.